The designed QB runs need to stop!

bills6969

Allen must’ve had at least 6 or 7 designed QB runs today.  This is asinine. You don’t need your franchise QB taking big hits on stupid QB sneaks.  We saw what happened to Moss.  Guys jumping on top of you, you can easily snap your leg, tear ligament, get concussed.  So stupid to call these plays unless we are in deep desperation mode.  You don’t see KC letting Mahomes run free and take those hits.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i dont disagree,  mainly due to possible injury,  but our running game was non existent and the line wasnt holding up well in pass protect either.

little curious y we didnt use any type of screen game to slow down their pass rush tho instead of the QB runs.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Allen must’ve had at least 6 or 7 designed QB runs today.  This is asinine. You don’t need your franchise QB taking big hits on stupid QB sneaks.  We saw what happened to Moss.  Guys jumping on top of you, you can easily snap your leg, tear ligament, get concussed.  So stupid to call these plays unless we are in deep desperation mode.  You don’t see KC letting Mahomes run free and take those hits.

It's playoff time, man.

You protect him in the regular season but now is the time to let all the dogs out.

I didn't love all of it within the context of this particular game, but not because I was worried about Allen getting hurt

• Like (+1) 7

They didn't work well today, but I disagree. Josh running is one of the most dangerous components of the offense, and there is really no data to support the assertion that a QB running is more likely to be hurt.

• Like (+1) 3

I think Diggs and Beasley are both gutting it out on the field. They're playing hurt. That's why the roster moves with Duke, and Stills. And this might be why Josh was running so much out there.

Not saying I agree. I was just as pissed off as the rest of you.

I don’t have issue with Josh running such as 

1 surprise keeper on passing doen

2 roll out run

3 short yardage plays like near end zone or short yardage.

4 RPO and option plays based on defense.

in the defense I think they saw something and wanted to exploit it

Pull out all the stops for playoff games. Some of Allen's runs were critical.

I do think they went to the well a couple of times too many, though.

But I have never had issue with Allen running. It is part of his game.

47 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

They evidently don't agree with you.

It might have something to do with the Colts D line being up in Josh's face all game long.

• Thank you (+1) 1