Zack Moss- injury updates- McDermott confirms Out

NewEra

30 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Imo yeldon is a better pass catcher than moss, or singletary really. Would be really surprised if it wasn't yeldon, but who knows 

We have 6 other great pass catchers.....

How about we get a RB that can RUN THE DAM BALL

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

We need a back this off-season.  We don’t have a guy who is going to break a 50 yard run.  Moss is decent as a short yardage/time eating kind of back.  Singletary is a replacement level guy.  I hate spending a first rounder on a back - so maybe we need to look in round 2/3 again.  But we need someone with speed to break a few of these runs and ourrun a defense once in a while. 

Really? Because Singletary did.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Allen ran way too much (and I actually like this ability from him)

We have GOT to get some production from our running game we cannot have Josh running that much again....if he goes down we are sunk

The problem is we're not getting enough production from our RBs because none of them are very good.  Maybe this opens things up for Williams and he can open some eyes the rest of the way.  I don't care about Singletary's or Moss' feelings, they need to upgrade the RB position in the offseason.  

3 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

We need a back this off-season.  We don’t have a guy who is going to break a 50 yard run.  Moss is decent as a short yardage/time eating kind of back.  Singletary is a replacement level guy.  I hate spending a first rounder on a back - so maybe we need to look in round 2/3 again.  But we need someone with speed to break a few of these runs and ourrun a defense once in a while. 

Just to get to the hole before it closes would be nice. But that being said, our run blocking sucks... 

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The problem is we're not getting enough production from our RBs because none of them are very good.  Maybe this opens things up for Williams and he can open some eyes the rest of the way.  I don't care about Singletary's or Moss' feelings, they need to upgrade the RB position in the offseason.  

an upgrade at RB is not even close to being a priority in my opinion. You want the ball in the hands of your best player:  Allen. So what does Allen need to make him even better? A rock-solid O-line and an assortment of weapons at WR and TE. 

Moss, Singletary and Williams are more than serviceable for this offense

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

This injury makes me sad.  Please post his injury updates here.

on the bright side, if he’s out, we might get to see Antonio Williams instead of Yeldon?  But probably not.  

I joked Friday when they elevated Duke Williams, I said I was hoping for the other Williams, Antonio, but was more hoping they'd decide to go with three RB's plus T Jones, admittedly they never did that all season, go with three RB's.

Thinking some more, Williams looked real good last week, but was playing mostly when Miami wanted to just go home by then.  Would they want to risk him with the ball in a tight playoff game, with no real feel for how reliable he is WRT fumbling?

• Like (+1) 1