Just gonna say it: Daboll’s worst game since the first half of the season

Alphadawg7

The problem wasn't the play calling.. The problem was Indi kept us deep on our end of the field.. Field possession was horrid The D struggled to stop the run.. There is so much you can do at your own 10 yard line when you can't run yards. They only punted the ball what 2 times? Our defense and on one play special teams put us in bad possession 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i would like to know whether Josh checked to any of those runs or QB draws. 

I think Josh was smartly shown some vacated space behind the Colts DL, spaces that were closed quickly by Leonard. They dared Josh to change plays, IMO. 

Agree.

Strange play-calls today.

Ran heavy sets in the first half and tried to throw out of them.

That designed sweep run for Allen in Colts territory on 3rd - Down was a horrible call, lost yards.

That drive in the first half where we ran 3-straight and out was strange.

When we went 4-wide and were determined to throw we made yards, but got away from that numerous time in this game.

Others said it, but no McKenzie was a game plan mistake, not sure why he didn’t touch the ball.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

We are a passing team, and when he turned it loose we moved the ball with ease.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

boom

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll and Frazier both called odd games.

Daboll running the ball 3 plays in a row. Not using McKenzie with misdirections or jet sweeps to attack the edges. 

Frazier sending pressure that was obviously not getting there and left open receivers. 

Glad we won and I hope they clean it the ***** up.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Daboll and Frazier both called odd games.

Daboll running the ball 3 plays in a row. Not using McKenzie with misdirections or her sweeps to attack the edges. 

Frazier sending pressure that was obviously not getting there and left open receivers. 

Glad we won and I hope they clean it the ***** up.

And the Bills got away with Rivers never testing Norman when he was isolated one on one man coverage for an entire quarter. The Colts limited themselves. 

50 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

in the first half every time Josh took over it was inside the 10. That’s not Dabolls fault. 

They've had no problem at all letting Allen air it out from his own goal line and even did it in the game today. Field position is no excuse when you have a QB playing at the level Allen is playing at. And it wasn't even just when the Bills had bad field position - Daboll called the worst run plays at the most innopprtune times and literally ended at least three drives because of it. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The problem wasn't the play calling.. The problem was Indi kept us deep on our end of the field.. Field possession was horrid The D struggled to stop the run.. There is so much you can do at your own 10 yard line when you can't run yards. They only punted the ball what 2 times? Our defense and on one play special teams put us in bad possession 

That definitely hurt them first half and I do give Dabes a bit of a pass on that. You can't run 4 wides or 5 wides from your 3 yard line. 

But 2nd half..... there were some calls that were just head scratchers.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

That definitely hurt them first half and I do give Dabes a bit of a pass on that. You can't run 4 wides or 5 wides from your 3 yard line. 

But 2nd half..... there were some calls that were just head scratchers.

called QB run plays.. to many of them stick out to me.. I will give ya that much but not his worst game called

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Agree.

Strange play-calls today.

Ran heavy sets in the first half and tried to throw out of them.

That designed sweep run for Allen in Colts territory on 3rd - Down was a horrible call, lost yards.

That drive in the first half where we ran 3-straight and out was strange.

When we went 4-wide and were determined to throw we made yards, but got away from that numerous time in this game.

Others said it, but no McKenzie was a game plan mistake, not sure why he didn’t touch the ball.

McKenzie was hurt. He was on the injury report all week. I know he was officially active but I think it must have affected his usage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

We are a passing team, and when he turned it loose we moved the ball with ease.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

Not a single screen called against a team that blitzed all day long.  Agree this was an awful game for both our O and D coordinators.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Weatherman said:

Not a single screen called against a team that blitzed all day long.  Agree this was an awful game for both our O and D coordinators.  

And our ST coordinator. 

Didn't love any of the plans. Think Indy had better plans. But we had the bounces of the ball and we had Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The designed QB sweeps clearly not working.... why keep trying? Daboll sucked today. Allen bailed him out.

I wonder if some of those were checks made by Josh at the line.

Edited by Bangarang

Well now don’t let the door hit him on the way out after this year! :w00t:

in all seriousness, I totally agree with OP’s point, but also feel like Dabs has earned a bit of benefit of the doubt with how this year has gone. We’re not all perfect all the time, and today we still overcame a “bad” game in stretches to win. I’m sure there have been lessons learned from today, and Josh will hopefully tell him to knock off the QB runs too.

• Like (+1) 1