Congrats Tyler Bass

Got to hand it to Bass. Fantastic season. Seriously important kick today. Great draft pick by Beane, especially considering we knew this was a serious contender going into the season.

Depending on a rookie kicker who was good but not great in college was a big risk. Add in that the whole (great) year he really didn’t have a last second game on the line kick makes his  fG today all the more satisfying. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Got to hand it to Bass. Fantastic season. Seriously important kick today. Great draft pick by Beane, especially considering we knew this was a serious contender going into the season.

Depending on a rookie kicker who was good but not great in college was a big risk. Add in that the whole (great) year he really didn’t have a last second game on the line kick makes his  fG today all the more satisfying. 

You don’t think Hauschka would have made that one?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Freak-O said:

I realized today when they were about to kick the long fieldgoal that A. it was from quite a distance, and B. I expected him to make it. 

And also C. We might have kicked a fieldgoal had we been in the Colts' position with 4 seconds left. 😎

Agreed.

Credit to B. Beane on the Bass pick.  When so many teams get their kickers at garage sales and flee marts the Bills used a 6th round pick for Bass and raised some eyebrows. 

Super smart move by the Bills to pick him- extra extra credit because he is living up to expectations.   

The Bills appear to have their K and P set, and they, along with Ferguson, seem to have the snapping/holding issues down.  What a great draft (if you include Diggs as part of it).

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

The fact that he kicked a cold ball through cold air made that kick even more amazing.  Notice the kickoffs were not going as far in this game.

I don't know if that was because of the conditions or he was told to do it.

Edited by Doc

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Bass had another tackle on a kickoff return yesterday where he made the runner somersault. He’s had a couple of those this year where he’s been a football player and not just a kicker.

Yeah, on a short kickoff, as mentioned earlier.  I with they would just tell him to kick it deep.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, on a short kickoff, as mentioned earlier.  I with they would just tell him to kick it deep.

Seemed like after that near miss the rest of the kickoffs went to the end line. The short high kickoffs are designed; every kickoff would get to the back line if they wanted that.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1