Playoff Game Postgame Thread

13 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

So the #1 seeds play on Sunday? Are the Saturday divisional games usually 4:30 and 8:00 time slots? 

Where'd you hear that?  Last season the 1 seeds played on Saturday.  There's been no consistency over the years with that though.

All we know are the times on Saturday are 4:35pm and 8:15pm.

The times on Sunday are 3:05pm and 6:40pm.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Where'd you hear that?  The last two seasons the 1 seeds played on Saturday. 

All we know are the times on Saturday are 4:35pm and 8:15pm.

The times on Sunday are 3:05pm and 6:40pm.

I think the other thing we know is that the other AFC team we face will have had 1 less day to rest and prepare

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the other thing we know is that the other AFC team we face will have had 1 less day to rest and prepare

True and it would be a little cruel for the NFL to give us the first Saturday game if we play Pittsburgh as we'd almost get an extra day and a half to rest/prepare.

I edited my post in that there's been no consistency with the 1 seeds playing on Saturday or Sunday.  Obviously, they pick which games they try and pair what games they think will be most interesting in the most popular projected viewing slots.  I think whoever our opponent is will be more interesting than the Packers/Rams game but who knows.

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was re-watching some of the game and looking at The colts LT. He had hands to the defender’s face on numerous passings plays. Apparently, the refs aren’t calling that anymore either. 

Yup the refs swallowed their whistles yesterday.  I don't think their was s single holding call against either team.  They just let them play.  

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yup the refs swallowed their whistles yesterday.  I don't think their was s single holding call against either team.  They just let them play.  

You are right. I am sure there was no offensive holding. When have you ever seen a game where there hasn’t been

an offensive hold? 

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It's been pretty much same all season. This had been good for our OLine and Allen.

Notable tidbit from Indy Star— didn’t realize we did so poorly against TE’s:

Buffalo’s defense gave up 993 yards to tight ends this season, the second-most in the NFL, and Indianapolis got back into Saturday’s game by exploiting the Bills’ weakness. Jack Doyle exploded for seven catches, 70 yards and a touchdown; Mo Alie-Cox made four grabs for 32 yards; and Trey Burton picked up 34 yards on three grabs, piling up a total of 14 catches for 136 yards.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Buffalo’s defense gave up 993 yards to tight ends this season, the second-most in the NFL, and Indianapolis got back into Saturday’s game by exploiting the Bills’ weakness. Jack Doyle exploded for seven catches, 70 yards and a touchdown; Mo Alie-Cox made four grabs for 32 yards; and Trey Burton picked up 34 yards on three grabs, piling up a total of 14 catches for 136 yards.

This is the reason I do not want to play the Ravens.  As good as they are running the football, they thrive throwing to the TE.

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I knew that was true, but I thought we could attribute that to some combination of the Edmunds and Milano injuries. Guess not. 

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

So the #1 seeds play on Sunday? Are the Saturday divisional games usually 4:30 and 8:00 time slots? 

The #1 seeds do not necessarily play on the same day. It’s based upon how the NFL and the networks want it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I like this concept of making the reporter shout at the top of her lungs for Josh to hear her.

7 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Euphoric? Try relieved.

Hydes hail mary knockdown was like a box of valium with no overdose.

Relief can be the most exquisite emotion. I was right there with ya buddy.

Edited by NickelCity

really don't understand QBR rating.  How does River get a better QBR with completions % 16 point lower, less yard more attempts. ???     

Rivers.   27/46 58%. 2 TD's 1 rush -1 yard.   QBR 91.9.    RTG 93.5

Allen.     26/35. 74% 2 TD's 11 rush 54 another TD.  QBR 85.   RTG 121.6

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This has seemingly been the case forever

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yikes. But that confirms what we saw yesterday. It seemed like their TEs were running free on every play. It was not a good game for our Linebackers. .... I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but there are two other teams we could play that have outstanding TE play, Baltimore and KC. .... Regardless, somehow we need to fix it to make this aspect of our Defense at least respectable.

10 hours ago, wjag said:

A baker's dozen thoughts on the game:

1.  Josh Allen 5-6 in 20+ air yards.  That stripe to Diggs was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l

2.  Give Colts their due, they brought that clock to -1 on nearly every play.  Masterfully done.

3.  I won't lie, I gasped when that hail Rivers was thrown.  It seemed to me there was white behind blue in the endzone.

4.  I understand why Reich eschewed the field goal, I just don't think it was the right call in the game.

5.  The 96-yard drive afterwards changed the game and the momentum.  Gabe Davis with two incredible catches on that drive.

6.  The field position battle was brutal all through the first half.  

7.  The Colts TEs came to play.  They made a bunch of great snags, especially on third down.

8.  Letting the Colts drive twice in the fourth was nuts.  They made it seem so easy.

9.  Beasley was an absolute warrior out there today.  He made some very tough catches on one leg.

10. Allen's first TD pass, or rather shot put throw, was very fortunate to not have been called back for lineman downfield.  I will need to watch it again.

11.  Bass with a 54 yarder has erased any second guessing about him and his ability.  That would have been good from 60.

12.  The last two minutes of that game may have been the most stressed I have been in a long time.

13.  The monkey is off of Josh's back and is now squarely on Lamar's.  Go Titans.  Go Steelers.  

Bonus points for using "eschewed" in this forum....outstanding!

1 hour ago, gordong said:

really don't understand QBR rating.  How does River get a better QBR with completions % 16 point lower, less yard more attempts. ???     

Rivers.   27/46 58%. 2 TD's 1 rush -1 yard.   QBR 91.9.    RTG 93.5

Allen.     26/35. 74% 2 TD's 11 rush 54 another TD.  QBR 85.   RTG 121.6

Clearly this is what Winston Churchill was referring to when he said: "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ; but perhaps there is a key."