Playoff Game Postgame Thread

37 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If I were any more relaxed, I’d be in a coma. I’m just calling a spade a spade. There is NO excuse for an NFL receiver to let a pass go right through his hands. None. Least of all that the QB threw it too hard. There isn’t a more lame excuse for a receive to miss a ball. None.

Plenty of "NFL" receivers miss catches. The Bills went out and got some of the most sure-handed guys out there.

Some drops were bad, and some of the passes were a bit high and rockets.

Does not mean that Allen or our receivers are terrible. They also made some incredible plays too.

A few got away from them. It happens. Indy was able to dial up pretty good pressure in the pocket and Allen was rushed plenty. The man can throw a frozen rope.

Unlike Rivers who could have ordered take out, Allen did not have a ton of time back there on most plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Crazy.  I never paid attention to how good of a game Josh was having.  I was more focused on Rivers and our D not being able to get off the field and the decisions Frank was making.  I’m still getting over this!  Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Plenty of "NFL" receivers miss catches. The Bills went out and got some of the most sure-handed guys out there.

Does not mean that Allen or our receivers are terrible. They also made some incredible plays too.

A few got away from them. It happens. Indy was able to dial up pretty good pressure in the pocket and Allen was rushed plenty. The man can throw a frozen rope.

Unlike Rivers who could have ordered take out, Allen did not have a ton of time back there on most plays.

Hear ya. 

the catch Beasley had over the middle was a rocket that just stuck to his hands. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But what will Nick Wright focus on? The sack/near fumble.

Yeah that will be it. He called both the Colts and WTF for upsets. He’s going to be wrong on both counts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cgang said:

Crazy.  I never paid attention to how good of a game Josh was having.  I was more focused on Rivers and our D not being able to get off the field and the decisions Frank was making.  I’m still getting over this!  Lol

He was a bit wide-eyed early, but my son got to watch the game with me over his college break and he was floored by Allen's athleticism.

There was a point where he just willed the team down the field and over the goal line.

He needed to get that 1st playoff win monkey off his back.

They will be better because of this game... I really believe that.

• Like (+1) 2

Crazy game, my nerves are shattered. Understandably some raw emotion in this thread, honestly more negativity than I expected though. We've been spoiled by a lot of the recent blowout wins, but think it's normally a different story in the playoffs. I saw it as a perfect storm of three things:

1) The Colts were always going to be a tough match up for us (their offensive line is insanely talented and athletic even without Castonzo, Rivers gets the ball out quick and is rarely sacked, their run defense is elite, etc.) in all aspects except one. On paper, Josh and the passing offense should have given us a clear advantage against their pass defense on paper. I thought this would lead to more scoring, but I wasn't counting on Beasley and Diggs being dinged up and getting nothing from Brown and McKenzie. 

2) Frank Reich rolled back the clock and ran out Bill Parcells' strategy against our K-Gun offense in the Super Bowl and it was a brilliant approach. They ran the ball a ton and never snapped the ball until there was only a couple seconds (sometimes ZERO!?!?!) on the play clock to keep Josh on the bench and limit our chances to score.

3) We just got the best possible A+ performance from Indy, I'm convinced that game was very close to or at their ceiling as a team. Rivers was on fire and mistake-free which is a lethal combination. Their defense, which had dropped off a cliff against the pass, turned in its best game in several weeks and their repeated second-half struggles weren't an issue today. A number of their players that have been slumping responded with huge contributions. 

I was cautiously optimistic about a Bills win by 7-10 points, but not a blowout. Glad to see Josh play well and see us end the 'years without a playoff win' streak. Hopefully our WR corps will be closer to 100% for next week and we can go on a run. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Hear ya. 

the catch Beasley had over the middle was a rocket that just stuck to his hands. 

Yeah that will be it. He called both the Colts and WTF for upsets. He’s going to be wrong on both counts. 

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But what will Nick Wright focus on? The sack/near fumble.

Wasn't Wright supposed to get doused with ketchup and mustard if Allen won a playoff game?

I thought he made some kind of bet.

Just now, WideNine said:

Wasn't Wright supposed to get doused with ketchup and mustard if Allen won a playoff game?

I thought he made some kind of bet.

Only if Buffalo wins two. 

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

You’re putting words in my mouth by suggesting that I implied the Bills receivers weren’t good.

My ONLY point in the original post I responded to is that I don’t want to hear how Josh has to be better because he ALMOST had a turnover in a critical situation when he had three passes go thru his receivers’ hands in JUST as critical situations. 

Josh Allen won this game for us and his receivers all made GREAT plays when called upon at various junctures. Just don’t ding him for a turnover that wasn’t when he had three incompletions that should have been catches as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The other ref called it complete.  They had to review it no? Or at least they talked about it for a long time.

I don't think there was a review, the two refs got together and within a few seconds agreed incomplete,  Seems the rule with officials is when two refs disagree on a catch or not, the "no catch" vote wins which does tend to make sense. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No the angle didn't clearly show it as there was no depth perception to tell.  You needed a camera mounted above to tell for certain.   You're interpreting is a fan and seeing what you want to see.  Even the announcers stated/asked the same thing, "Was Poyer's hand on his back before the knee came up"  They too didn't think so but could argue if it wasn't over turned.

Do I think you're right, yes, think his knee was up first, but understand why it wasn't over ruled.

Oh just stop its clear as day.