Playoff Game Postgame Thread

31 minutes ago, Tcali said:

of course without JA we get crushed...But inspite of that fact he pull a colossal mistake with the 20 yard loss and almost fumble when we had a 1st down at the 33 and could have run the clock waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

criticizing JA doesnt mean he isnt the franchise here. The guy needs to keep improving if he wants to be a rodgers or Rothless or Brady or Brees

Nope, I’m not gonna make a potential turnover by Josh a reason for a potential loss when I saw three, count ‘em THREE passes pass through the hands of his receivers previously, all of which would have extended drives and given us superior field position. 

Speaking of field position, I wish Daboll wouldn’t continue to insist on neutering Allen inside our own 20. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

One thing to note: the refs did screw the colts at the end. After the Colts receiver got out of bounds with 19 seconds, they stopped the clock. They line up while the clock is stopped, and then five seconds before rivers snapped it, they started it! The bills called TO, and it was set to 14 seconds instead of 19 (which was the correct amount of time left). But still, it should never have come to that because FUMBLE.

That was actually correct. Since after replay the call stood of the tackle inbounds, the clock starts on the spot, although I believe there should have been a 10-second run off, but that was mitigated by the Bills timeout, but then the timeout was given back, so they were just making ***** up on the fly.

Edit: doh, I was on about the fumble/not fumble play 

Edited by Ralonzo

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

Bills have the softest defense in the playoffs.  And the worst running game.  

Not sure how you can say that when Daboll didn’t even try to run the ball, even in the 4th quarter w 5 minutes left. He’d rather have Allen dance in the pocket until he fumbles and loses 23 yards in the process. 

16 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Riveron with the Dean Blandino “bigger market” call there. Absolute joke to uphold that call. 

I said in the GDT - it's ridiculous in the NFL no matter how absolutely clear the replay is, it is still completely stressful what the final call will be because you have no idea what they will actually call .  It's just wrong.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

It wasn’t very enjoyable, was it?

That look Allen had post game....like a WW1 soldier who managed to charge across the open field, lose most of your guys in the process, rip through razor wire, but miraculously tumble into that next trench with crap in your drawers....

Hard to really celebrate right now - kind of drained.

I mean my brain knows we broke through the drought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Is he a FA or something?

Legend, thanks buddy! 

And just looked it up on Spotrac. 'Chris Harris signed a 2 year, $17,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $9,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,500,000. In 2020, Harris will earn a base salary of $2,000,000, a signing bonus of $7,500,000 and a incentive bonus of $750,000, while carrying a cap hit of $6,500,000 and a dead cap value of $9,500,000.'

Almost one of those 2 year deals that's actually a one year contract. The Chargers can cut him and save $7.5 million this season so it's possible he becomes available. He'll be 32 and sounds like he had a bit of a down year, but seems like he'd be interested in the Bills. Just a separate question of whether we would want him...

1 minute ago, Dukestreetking said:

In honor of the pre-game haiku tradition, but olde english-y style:

Yon refs, go blow me

Mandalorian arise!

Britches, a 'be wet

Fetch me my brown trousers!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think next week will be as stressful...losing the wild card game, after the season we had, would have been intolerable.

Yup losing to the Steelers or ravens is well within reasonable  expectations.

here on out I just hope fir a good performance without expecting a win

14 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So was the game stopped because of the timeout? I think it was.... 

imagine the controversy if we didn’t have a time out, colts ran the play, completed the pass as they did, then refs say “play didn’t count. Now the colts are up in arms. There was plenty of time after the fumble, ball was reset and a whole play ran.

I just question what if we didn’t have a timeout... cause that’s what stopped the play. Not the booth or the refs. After a play is ran, then what?

One of the announcers or the ref they have said that the replay crew waits until the snap looks imminent so they don’t give the offense extra time by stopping the clock.

The buzzer could have been going off while McDermott was calling the time out and the ref just didn’t blow the whistle yet. But the way the refs explained it the replay was buzzed before the timeout and that’s why we weren’t charged with one. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nope, I’m not gonna make a potential turnover by Josh a reason for a potential loss when I saw three, count ‘em THREE passes pass through the hands of his receivers previously, all of which would have extended drives and given us superior field position. 

Speaking of field position, I wish Daboll wouldn’t continue to insist on neutering Allen inside our own 20. 

those were uncharacteristic for Diggs and Brown .  Beasley was clutch all game