Playoff Game Postgame Thread

22 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I want to know if those QB runs were Josh or daboll calls...and I give credit where its due to Indy...but dang I wont live if tghey continue to play in this fashion

Even if Josh called some, Daboll should have been in his ear all game telling him otherwise. So I’m guessing it was mostly game plan as it never stopped.

That BS, where the running and passing game run through Josh, eventually yields hero ball, which is what we saw today. I don’t blame the kid for trying him damndest when the coaches put that pressure on him with their dumb game plan.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We played the Colts game. We let them set the pace. With the 1M pound gorilla (no playoff win in 25 years). 

probably one of the worst game plans I seen on Defense and Offense. 

a Blown call by Refs and Bills win by 3. 

rip those decades of scare tissue off and be ready for a looser team next week. 

GO FREAKING BILLS!!!!!

Excellent points 

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Our offense had a different feel to it today and it felt like Daboll got away from what has worked all year.

Too many QB draws. Where was McKenzie and all the usual pre-snap motion?

I hope we just go back to what we’ve been doing. I’m fully prepared to live and die with Josh’s arm. 

Absolutely great call on McKenzie.

He didnt touch he ball today that I remember.

And where was John Brown as well? He disappeared today. 

6 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

It'd be nice, I have always said a playoff caliber team gives you the latitude to draft a te in the first

Bills need a 2nd corner. Unlikely they’ll get torched that badly by the TE again but Pittman did a number on them and I think a 2nd corner helps there. Think that’s the obvious and easy call unless an EDGE slips that you had high on the board.

colts oline really handled the bills dline, though that’s likely the best oline in these playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The refs said the challenge was requested before the time out was called. So we still would have got the review if what the ref said was true 

I thought they reviewed all those key plays within the 2 min mark...have to double check that rule.

Guy stays under the hood for 10 minutes, and makes the wrong call.

Also missed at least 3 DOG penalties.

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

He played well, but I don’t understand the two passes out of bounds before the Hail Mary.  Gotta try to make a play there...

My guess is they were looking for quick outs along the side line to get in FG range.  They werent there so he threw away to conserve clock and try again.

6 minutes ago, finn said:

And what happened to going long on third and short? At least twice they ran it and got stuffed. That's not Bills football. Daboll seemed to take the day off, at least on those calls. 

Any playoff team ought to be able to get a first down on third and short by running the football.  I can't blame them for trying it, it's the poor success rate that was concerning.  We had some 2nd and one or two that I thought would have been great downs for throws, but we ran and got stuffed on a couple of those too.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I think we come out way looser next week. 

The monkey is off the back.

This - someone else mentioned in one of the pregame threads this game scared them the most - just get past it then it's on

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Absolutely great call on McKenzie.

He didnt touch he ball today that I remember.

And where was John Brown as well? He disappeared today. 

He dropped a couple of perfect passes.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Frank Reich is a great coach and gets his team ready to play.  It was just the fist fight I expected and I really thought the Colts were going to pull it out after the non-fumble call.

Their team is very solid and they'll win that division next year.

Gut-wrenching game... but our guys did it!!  I was 25 the last time we won a playoff game... this will feel good when my nerves settle down.

Yes, there is a reason his teammates were pushing for him to be hired (when Rex got the job instead), he's a damn good coach.  As the announcers stated, Indy is top 10 in all 3 phases of the game. 

The Bills got lucky today, and you need that sometimes.  The missed short FG and the Pittman pass just off his finger tips. Whew!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tcali said:

of course without JA we get crushed...But inspite of that fact he pull a colossal mistake with the 20 yard loss and almost fumble when we had a 1st down at the 33 and could have run the clock waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

criticizing JA doesnt mean he isnt the franchise here. The guy needs to keep improving if he wants to be a rodgers or Rothless or Brady or Brees

The guy was running a spread vertical offense up 3 with 3 minutes left. Because that was the only way for the Bills to win.  

that’s why you don’t put much blame on him for the fumble. 

Edited by appoo