Playoff Game Postgame Thread

Just now, bigduke6 said:

does this win really feel like a win?  im struggling to enjoy it after watching all those completions to the Indy TEs.     sorry dont wanna be a downer but it really upset me.

It is a win and it can be enjoyed, but unless we up our playing it's hard to believe we'll get nearly as far as we want.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bigduke6 said:

does this win really feel like a win?  im struggling to enjoy it after watching all those completions to the Indy TEs.     sorry dont wanna be a downer but it really upset me.

The tight ends could do whatever they want in the passing game cuz we just couldn't get to rivers with 4 and he was really quick diagnosing blitzes...Colts played pretty much the perfect game and still lost 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Same and they didn't even review it until mcd called timeout...absolutely pathetic.  It wasn't like there were too many bodies in the way to see what was going on...looked like poyer intentionally let him stand up to me and didn't touch him down.  An absolutely brilliant play stolen away from us 

And yet every single tip toe out of bounds catch by Davis was immediately reviewed. If anything the last 2 minutes should be eyed closer if you are going to pick and choose which ones to pay attention to.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't want to make excuses for them but it feels a bit like the first NE win this year. Bills played tight, almost like the were afraid to be themselves. That cliche the first win is hardest seems really true for this team.

McDermott and the team got that first playoff win out of the way; hopefully we'll see more of the team we were used to at the end of the regular season.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Indy was given more chances than they deserved. Multiple delay of game penalties not called, and of course, the fumble.

Also the facemask on Andre Roberts that would have nullified a holding penalty.

I think they will play looser after this now that that monkey is off their back. 

Edited by Bigvinny
  • Like (+1) 4

I watched this game and it had the makings of another MCM (well, short of actually having a great QB this time around).  I'm glad that it didn't happen, and the fact that this team has not dropped games like they used to all season -- makes me hopeful of this train keeping on rolling.

The D, though.  Woof.

Edited by Groin

Phew! 

Hats off to Philip Rivers who played a magnificent game. Just what I expected. The epitome of a cagey, crafty veteran.

We will only go as far as Josh can take us. Our defense is simply not championship caliber. Thank God, Josh is. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Josh.....cannot continue making globally huge spaceout mistakes in critical times in the playoffs..That will be a thing to work on next year.

why not this year for the rest of the playoffs.  We did win today right ?    We are hosting a game next weekend

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, bigduke6 said:

Not for nothing but a win is a win. Not going to be many blowouts now in the playoffs.

Surviving this game feels so much more a win to me than a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Indy got slept on for absolutely no reason lol we were just the sexy pick because we were blowing teams out 

Allen would have gotten most the blame had the Bills lost (by the media) and then be called a choker in the playoffs.  
So getting that first playoff win was huge. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

Well 1st playoff win for 25 years doesn't feel like a win to u...not sure what to say

Go cheer for someone else I guess....ill. e sure to soak this in, u go stress about TEs

• Thank you (+1) 2