2020 Award for Worst Evaluation by a Media Member is.....

BITE ME

On 1/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, BITE ME said:

While they are so many to chose from, the 2020 Award for Worst Evaluation by a member of the media goes to .....  Michael Lombardi

Congratulations Michael. The Award is in the mail.

If you put Lamar Jackson in there instead of Josh Allen, they’re probably gonna be the team competing for a Super Bowl.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

He just needed to reverse the names.

Allen view as an Athlete not a QB

Jackson viewed as a QB not an athlete

I think his crystal ball was backwards ;) 

The last QB I wanted in that draft was LJ.......Tie Rod Version 2.0 ;) 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, bigduke6 said:

ya Irvin  said that Josh "folded" in last years playoff game this morning.    Ive come to learn to change the channel whenever Irvin starts talking.

starting to wonder if these talking mouths actually watch the games.

as if the loss last year was totally on Josh.

They dont.  And I've come to believe a majority of the time a Sports Anchor is speaking, or a News Anchor in general for that matter, they are just running off at the mouth without a real understanding of what is coming out.    Yesterday I literally heard a News Anchor say "We are losing our kids" about something completely non-related.   Too much media.   Too many people talking.  Its just noise at this point. 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:42 AM, DQW87 said:

I think Nick Wright would be right up there with everything that has come out of his mouth this year on the Buffalo Bills. I do realize however most of it has been intentional to seek national attention on his Allen take.

Toss in his endless love for Mahomes he was horrid in the Super Bowl yet he still gave him a passing game for his performance. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:31 AM, Neo said:

Not a bad take in June ...

It was an awful take in June.  The reason Lamar Jackson is successful on the Ravens is that the entire offense is tailored to his skill set - huge physical run blockers, two great blocking and a great run blocking/ pass catching TE, great fullback, a scheme from Greg Roman that's proven to be effective for a true dual-threat QB.

Thinking that a team that isn't at the minimum a run-first team with great run blocking and a great TE could plug Lamar Jackson into their offense and become instantly better offensively is simply silly.  I don't say that to in any way diss on Jackson, but he simply wouldn't be a fit for what the Bills try to do on offense and that was apparent in June.

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Some of these losers should be held accountable for the BS they throw around!

If you are this far off, it is a fireable offense. If some of us were this far off at our jobs we'd be toast!

That's the Sports Media for you, zero accountability for bad takes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Was just reading an article today in the Athletic evaluating the 2018 draft.  Overall the Bills were ranked 4th behind Indy, Balt, and Cleveland.  Allen was given an "Approximate Value" score of 35 one of the higher grades, but Lamar Jackson was scored a 48.  If this article had come out back in July would have a hard time arguing the numbers, but now that much of a difference seems crazy.

The QB''s all drafted were scored as:

Jackson 48

Allen 35

Mayfield 31

Darnold 15

Rosen 2

M Rudolph 4 ( in round 2)

It appears there were only a total of 3 players scoring higher than Allen; Jackson at 48 and Q Nelson 42 and D Leonard 42 both with Indy.

Next was Allen at 35

The 5th highest score BTW was T Edmunds at 33 so maybe take this article at less than good?

S Barkley was scored a 23 where as the Giants could have grabbed a QB

https://theathletic.com/2385195/2021/02/15/2018-nfl-draft-winners-and-losers-colts-lead-way-saints-class-ranks-last/

On 1/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, BITE ME said:

While they are so many to chose from, the 2020 Award for Worst Evaluation by a member of the media goes to .....  Michael Lombardi

If you put Lamar Jackson in there instead of Josh Allen, they’re probably gonna be the team competing for a Super Bowl.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

Will he be man enough and say SORRY like PFFSteve did?

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Sure but Licht had already done a fantastic job of building up that roster before this season anyways.

TB was missing a decent QB to make the playoffs. They literally had a historically bad QB last year in Jameis and were 7-9. People do not realize how many time Jameis lost games all by himself that his teammates won their matchups.

• Like (+1) 1

Lombardi is a great choice since he is a former GM. I guess we know why he is a  former GM. 

I mean he got things wrong on multiple fronts too. He overvalued the Bills defense which took a big nose dive this year. Their top ranking last year was a bit of fools gold because of the terrible offenses the Bills faced. And of course he didn't see the massive improvement in Allen from year 1 to year 2. Even if Allen's year three jump would have been much smaller he would have still been in the running with this take.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was from last year. It’s weird but people act like Allen played like this his whole career. Going forward if someone makes a similar comment, it looks dumb. But things change every year in the NFL. Wentz was talked about as a top 5 qb and mvp candidate 2 years ago. 

It was dumb before the season started and its even more dumb now. Anyone with eyes could see the steady improvement. They could see the intangibles. They could see 29 total td and only 13 to's in year 2 while heading to the playoffs. If anyone couldnt see a good season coming then thats on them and what they apparently have trouble deciphering.... Saying the Bills qb needed to continue to improve and build on a solid year 2 would be one thing. Saying there was an obvious hole at QB was dumb. 

I get that you probably disagree, as you were one of the guys around here that couldnt seem to see the obvious signs and just kept hammering on an easy 2019 schedule and mountain west statistics from 2017 even though Josh had already put that stuff to bed.

.... all of this is not to say i expected his season to be quite as good as it was. i didnt..... but i thought he could creep into the top 10 discussion by the end of 2020 with continued progression and the addition of diggs.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 1/9/2021 at 9:12 AM, BITE ME said:

Maybe that could be why there aren't teams eating in line for him t be a GM or a scout any more & he's doing what ever it is he does now because it's pretty apparent he blew that call .

Hopefully Josh will just continue on the path he's on and can prove all those that doubted him coming out of college wrong but i'm sure when he does make them eat some crow they will jump on the Bills wagon some how and change their tune ...

On 2/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was from last year. It’s weird but people act like Allen played like this his whole career. Going forward if someone makes a similar comment, it looks dumb. But things change every year in the NFL. Wentz was talked about as a top 5 qb and mvp candidate 2 years ago. 

So, what you’re saying is

On 1/9/2021 at 12:42 PM, Just Joshin' said:

It is almost like he does drugs still.  Long term damage is real I guess.

just revisiting the thread as it got bumped. 

(The Bills ranked) 27th in the league in passing yardage and 22nd in overall yards per attempt.

Per ESPN Team stats 

Passing yards per game

2020 — 3rd in the NFL   😲 

2019 — 26th in the NFL

2019 — 31st in the NFL

from bottom 5 to top 5 !!!

has any other QB / team done that before?

• Like (+1) 1