2020 Award for Worst Evaluation by a Media Member is.....

BITE ME

While they are so many to chose from, the 2020 Award for Worst Evaluation by a member of the media goes to .....  Michael Lombardi

Congratulations Michael. The Award is in the mail.

If you put Lamar Jackson in there instead of Josh Allen, they’re probably gonna be the team competing for a Super Bowl.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• BITE ME changed the title to 2020 Award for Worst Evaluation by a Media Member is.....

ya Irvin  said that Josh "folded" in last years playoff game this morning.    Ive come to learn to change the channel whenever Irvin starts talking.

starting to wonder if these talking mouths actually watch the games.

as if the loss last year was totally on Josh.

Edited by bigduke6

I think someone had 2019 and 2020 mixed up

However, that being said you have a huge hole at quarterback and can he make up the difference?
The schedule is gonna get harder; it’s gonna be a lot tougher and they’re not gonna be taken lightly.

(The Bills ranked) 27th in the league in passing yardage and 22nd in overall yards per attempt.

If that yards per attempt doesn’t get up into the top 10 we will not be talking about Buffalo as a Super Bowl team next year.”

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Wow what a god awful take. May the lord take mercy on his soul 

Well had he said Patrick Mahomes it wouldn't have been so bad, but he chose a guy that was 0-2 in the playoffs who is not exactly a great passer.  

Meh. There were legit concerns about our boy Allen before the year started. They have all clearly been answered. Now, if he sticks to that June take here in January then yes, it may be the worst evaluation. If he recognized the data points have changed and changed his assessment then he is no different than a great percentage of the media.

• Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Meh. There were legit concerns about our boy Allen before the year started. They have all clearly been answered. Now, if he sticks to that June take here in January then yes, it may be the worst evaluation. If he recognized the data points have changed and changed his assessment then he is no different than a great percentage of the media.

4 weeks ago he was still whining about Josh Allen's accuracy. Once a cheating loser Patriot, always a cheating loser Patriot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Wow that take is terrible.  Lamar is on a team perfect for him.  A great defense that allows them to play the running offense they need to and the players and coaches perfect to make said run game work.  Lamar on this team would be lucky to make the playoffs at all.  Also, Lamar has yet to win a playoff game too.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

4 weeks ago he was still whining about Josh Allen's accuracy. Once a cheating loser Patriot, always a cheating loser Patriot.

Then he is a buffoon. The new Josh was evident by then and ol' Lombardi must be over committing to a bad assessment.  Got to know when to take the L and go on to a new battle.

7 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Well had he said Patrick Mahomes it wouldn't have been so bad, but he chose a guy that was 0-2 in the playoffs who is not exactly a great passer.  

He chose a QB on a run first team, that has the fewest passing attempts and yards of any starter, who attempts 50% of his passes off RPOs and play action, and runs an offense where most positive plays do not come from him in the pocket -  to insert into a pass first offense that relies primarily on the QB's abilities from the pocket...

Sounds logical to me...

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

ya Irvin  said that Josh "folded" in last years playoff game this morning.    Ive come to learn to change the channel whenever Irvin starts talking.

Ugh I just saw that too. Whenever they put the camera on the bills he always loves to take the "well if they dont screw it up like they always do" angle.

Edited by What a Tuel

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Not a bad take in June ...

Really?  He tells us Allen is not accurate and then says that if only we had Lamar Jackson we would be competing for a Super Bowl.  When he wrote that Lamar Jackson was 0-2 in the playoffs with a career completion percentage of 51.5% in the playoffs. 

I think Nick Wright would be right up there with everything that has come out of his mouth this year on the Buffalo Bills. I do realize however most of it has been intentional to seek national attention on his Allen take.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

I think Nick Wright would be right up there with everything that has come out of his mouth this year on the Buffalo Bills. I do realize however most of it has been intentional to seek national attention on his Allen take.

I agree, but Nick Wright is not a former NFL executive who covers football exclusively.  I have no problem with the criticism of Allen's accuracy heading into the year, but using Lamar Jackson as an example of who the Bills needed to take them to the Super Bowl?  Lamar Jackson is a really good player, but after watching how inaccurate and awful he was in both of his playoff starts, you have to be insane to say the Bills would be so good if only they had Lamar.

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

It's a dumb take, but to be fair I'm pretty sure they go around in their production meetings and decide who's going to give what take. I don't think they make them say anything, but they probably encourage all points of view to get discussed.

I mean that's why I listen to the Dan Le Batard show instead, because they parody these overly planned non-genuine radio/tv gas bag shows, but that's what you're getting on those shows.

42 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Really?  He tells us Allen is not accurate and then says that if only we had Lamar Jackson we would be competing for a Super Bowl.  When he wrote that Lamar Jackson was 0-2 in the playoffs with a career completion percentage of 51.5% in the playoffs. 

Had the thread topic been “Media Member evaluation that was debatable at the time and later proved to be erroneous”, I’d agree with you.    The criticism of the take when he wrote it, as you say, should be “it was unoriginal and shared by 83% of media members.”

Hindsight criticism has limited value because it depends upon, well, hindsight.

Edited by Neo

8 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

It's a dumb take, but to be fair I'm pretty sure they go around in their production meetings and decide who's going to give what take. I don't think they make them say anything, but they probably encourage all points of view to get discussed.

I mean that's why I listen to the Dan Le Batard show instead, because they parody these overly planned non-genuine radio/tv gas bag shows, but that's what you're getting on those shows.

I have to admit I loved when Bills fan and ESPN news voice Christine Lisi  put Le Batard in his place when he questioned Josh Allen and the Bills.

“I usually stick with the script, but with that moment, I couldn’t resist,” Lisi said, laughing. “It was rag-on-Dan day. I love Dan, so it doesn’t really matter what everybody thinks of Josh Allen, but as long as the Bills keep winning, that’s all that matters. And if people don’t want to give credit to the Bills, oh well!”

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/espn-s-christine-lisi-is-a-proud-voice-of-bills-nation/article_b923a73c-1fb5-11eb-9744-870e233914bb.html

• Like (+1) 1