Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

20 minutes ago, eball said:

It's not that Josh doesn't want to be paid fairly, but the market for QBs is already established.  He will sign a team-friendly deal that is still market value.

i think 40-47mm per year, 5-10 years, the team friendly bit will be how it is structured so that he gets cash up front, but it smashes the cap in the future, when it will surely be larger.

Beane will pick up the 5th year option as soon as it can be done and Josh will sign it.

Josh will sign a long term contract before the start of next season (probably before camp).

The "mean" terms will be $42M (+/- $2M) per on a 6 year (+/- 1 Year) contract extension starting in the 2023 season.

I will LAMP this after it all happens!

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Imho, Josh also wants to get it done this offseason, to leave no doubt as to what he wants to do career wise in Buffalo, and a sign to all those fans who stepped up in memory of his family--he's basically said as much already by stating on record that he never wants to leave.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30298150/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-never-wants-leave-fans-honor-late-grandmother

Incentives.  Agree to a good salary .. Add incentives to sweeten the pot.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Mahomes cap number in 2027 is 59 mil. No thanks. If the cap is around 220,000 mil they are *****.

That will get renegotiated down.  I'm more talking giving him a huge roster bonus as basically an option bonus, so that if he gets a career-ending injury he won't have a huge dead cap amount the following year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Prediction:  Josh is going to piss off his agent (and agents in general) by agreeing to a deal that is “barely” market value because he wants to help the team.

We are incredibly fortunate to have drafted this young man.  It’s unprecedented.  He’s a unicorn.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I don't understand how so many fans can be confident in him after the way he played in the playoffs. 

Did he really play that terrible...

Amazing against the colts.

Did what he needed to do against a really tough ravens defence in a crazy wind game.

And yes probably a subpar performance against the chiefs.

I don’t know how you can say he played bad overall though

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I don't understand how so many fans can be confident in him after the way he played in the playoffs.

Good point.  Going 77/120 (64.2%) for 817 yards, 5 TDs and 1 INT, with another 145 yards and 1 TD rushing, is just terrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Not completely sold on him yet. 

In what way ?  The guy was 80% of our offense, which set all sorts of records.  He won two playoff games and lost to the defending Super Bowl Champs.   Improved all aspects of his game including making decisions.   How many QBs are better than him ?

• Like (+1) 1