Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

Ian Rapoport on NFL Network just reported the Bills are going to reach out to Allens agent about a Huge contract extension...

I love it get the deal done.  Allen is the franchise quarterback we have all been waiting for! Go Bills 

Edited by FastFreddy22
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• SlimShady'sSpaceForce changed the title to Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before planning on signing him to a huge deal.

I would not be too thrilled if we lose today and then give him a boat load of money, when he still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

I'm not sure I believe Ian on this one 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Crazy talk....the Bills will show him the door!!!  What dose Josh think he is?  Good?  Improved????  Meh!

He is hoping that BOTH sides walk away happy.....crazy $$ for Josh but not so crazy it kills the cap.  Methinks this will get done intelligently.....

Go BILLS!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before signing him to a huge deal.

I would not be too thrilled if we lose today and then give him a boat load of money, when he still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

I was actually just going to ask who will be the first to tell us it is premature because he hasn't won a playoff game. 

Congratulations!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't love the timing of this... I would think and hope they would want to see what he does in the playoffs before signing him to a huge deal.

They can extend Josh on his current contract for 2 years on the cheap and pay him when they get the cap space in 2022. 

they can also put in Opt Outs for performance 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Process said:

They aren’t signing him to the deal before the game...

edit - and further, the outcome of this game or other playoff games will not impact whether they want to sign him long term. It’s his 2nd ever playoff game and he’s 24. He will have a lot more. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

They can extend Josh on his current contract for 2 years on the cheap and pay him when they get the cap space in 2022. 

they can also put in Opt Outs for performance 

Did you watch the video? Ian is saying he is going to be one of the highest, if not the highest, paid QB in the NFL...

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

can’t they do both?  
extend at the current $ then break the bank?

Yes just saying it wasn’t 100% obvious they would just extend long term this spring/summer. They could pick up the option and do it next year. Though his price will never be lower than it is now. 

• Like (+1) 1