Ian Rapoport — the Bills are expected to approach Josh‘s representation for a Massive contract extension this spring or summer

12 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

This game showed Josh can’t demand Mahomes money 50M/year. The only bright side of this loss. 
But if next season he performs better (and we hope he will) his price will go up. They should lock him now with Watson like 40M/year for many years . 

Way to much $$$. Sign him to a long term deal with a high Signing bonus and Guarantee. Say 10 years, 275M, with 190M Guaranteed, and a 50M signing bonus.   He wouldn't turn that down. What if he isn't as good next year or get hurt? Look what happened to Dak. This deal works for everyone. 40m Per year? Why wouldn't the Bills exersize the 5year option and then franchise tag him twice if he want $40M a year?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

This game showed Josh can’t demand Mahomes money 50M/year. The only bright side of this loss. 
But if next season he performs better (and we hope he will) his price will go up. They should lock him now with Watson like 40M/year for many years . 

I agree. Lock him up now at 10/$400M. If he improves even more next season which is very possible we're looking at $45M/ year. 

1 hour ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Way to much $$$. Sign him to a long term deal with a high Signing bonus and Guarantee. Say 10 years, 275M, with 190M Guaranteed, and a 50M signing bonus.   He wouldn't turn that down. What if he isn't as good next year or get hurt? Look what happened to Dak. This deal works for everyone. 40m Per year? Why wouldn't the Bills exersize the 5year option and then franchise tag him twice if he want $40M a year?

You're not even close to what he'll get.

• Agree 1

The reason KC and Mahomes made this work was it was a rare 10 year deal.  Those almost never work and agents know the market will go up.  In 5-6 years it’s projected that Mahomes will be the 13th highest paid QB.  It worked for him as he wanted KC to have the $ to retain Kelce and others which is what they did, and he has piece of mind for life.  Most QB’s and their agents want no more than a 5 yr. deal so they can go for their third contract before retirement.  

This was a risk for KC with a lot locked up in Mahomes against injury, and a risk fir Mahomes as he could’ve tried to get more up front and negotiate for the next contract.

Allen might go for what Mahomes did and the Bills would go for it.  What’s more likely is a fair market contract for four to five years.  That actually hurts the team more if Allen were to be healthy.  We’ll see.

16 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

What this game showed was he can't be the entire offense, something even KC doesn't ask of Mahomes. It also showed an offensive line getting blown up over and over again. Their defense had a playoff record 30 pressures Sunday night. Josh accounted for 88.57% of the team's yards during the playoffs(868/980), 56.42% of all the rushing yards during the playoffs(145/257) and all 5 offensive TDs. If anything this game, the playoffs as a whole and this season might have shown that he can pretty much ask for whatever he wants. He's pretty much the whole offense.

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/24/2021 at 10:29 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not saying we move on from Josh. I’m simply saying how can Josh expect to win a SB when he is commanding 40+ million a year with the roster we currently have with players looking to get paid as well. When he can’t even beat KC with the roster we have now. 

If I was josh I'd say "why are you paying the most in the nfl for our D line that isn't close to elite, but I'm a top 5 qb that should be at a discount?" Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Allen on a team friendly deal, but that's not the NFL, josh is getting paid.

• Agree 1

On 1/24/2021 at 10:06 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

I agree. If there is any QB out there that would be willing to take a “home team discount” it is Allen. If Allen would have beaten Mahomes today and won the SB, I would have no problems giving him Mahomes kind of money, but he proved today he needs more help which will require more money for better talent elsewhere. 

It’s a difficult position to be in. We can’t pay Allen, Mahomes esque money. We just can’t. Allen proved he couldn’t beat KC with the current roster we have. So he has to put on his big boy pants and accept he isn’t worth top money. 

But its not about if your worth mahomes money at this point, mahomes performance isn't the Gauge on amount of money to pay other QBs, its where your team would be without that QB, it's franchise qb money. Josh knows and the bills know you don't find a top 5 qb in the draft or FA every year, and we all know what the bills would have looked like without him this season. You have to pay him, there's not much choice. The NFL is a QB league, if you don't pay a franchise QB franchise money, someone else will in an absolute heartbeat.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, Artem Lipatov said:

The statistical jump that Josh took in 2020 was astounding.

Look at the Records broken by him and the team on offense. 

According to Spotrac, Josh Allen has a market value of around $40 million per year on a four-year contract extension. Allen's reputation has grown in the most recent NFL regular season.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

might just be more noise 

https://sports.yahoo.com/brandon-beane-despite-restricted-salary-134231854.html

“It can be done. We may have to be creative, but it could be done,” Beane said, via Chris Brown of the Bills official website.

Allen is entering the last year of his rookie deal, though the Bills will certainly pick up his fifth-year option.

Brandon Beane: Despite restricted salary cap, Josh Allen extension can be done originally appeared on Pro Football Talk

If I am josh, I just wait. This is the worst year to sign a big deal. I know teams can get creative with how they structure, but it still probably will be less than what he gets after next offseason. 

the only reason he does it now is worry about a catastrophic injury or worry about a steep decline in his play; don’t think the first is too Worrisome and no chance josh is worried about the second— he is going to bet on himself. 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If I am josh, I just wait. This is the worst year to sign a big deal. I know teams can get creative with how they structure, but it still probably will be less than what he gets after next offseason. 

the only reason he does it now is worry about a catastrophic injury or worry about a steep decline in his play; don’t think the first is too Worrisome and no chance josh is worried about the second— he is going to bet on himself. 

No way.

Injuries happen. Other things can happen such as he doesn't have as good of a year next season. 

Too much to gamble.

If he is offered anywhere from 35-40 million a year, over four or five years, he would be fool not to take it.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That's how you think if you're only out for yourself.  And that's not Josh.  His family is not in need, and he wants to establish a legacy while winning Super Bowls in Buffalo.  I'm going to put the odds at 75% or greater that the deal gets done before next training camp.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

That's how you think if you're only out for yourself.  And that's not Josh.  His family is not in need, and he wants to establish a legacy while winning Super Bowls in Buffalo.  I'm going to put the odds at 75% or greater that the deal gets done before next training camp.

i don’t view it as a selfish move. I think every great player wants to be paid market rate. The market this year will be depressed. Why not wait until next year when things stabilize and the cap is in a better spot? At least, I think that is a reasonable way of looking at it from his perspective.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:19 AM, BuffaloBill said:

In other breaking news, sometimes it snows in Buffalo. 

What do people think, that they will let him walk?

Colin Kaepernick

RG III

Carson Wentz

Lamar Jackson (?)

Ridin' high in April, shot down in May, that's life.

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i don’t view it as a selfish move. I think every great player wants to be paid market rate. The market this year will be depressed. Why not wait until next year when things stabilize and the cap is in a better spot? At least, I think that is a reasonable way of looking at it from his perspective.

It's not that Josh doesn't want to be paid fairly, but the market for QBs is already established.  He will sign a team-friendly deal that is still market value.

• Like (+1) 4

Imho, Josh also wants to get it done this offseason, to leave no doubt as to what he wants to do career wise in Buffalo, and a sign to all those fans who stepped up in memory of his family--he's basically said as much already by stating on record that he never wants to leave.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30298150/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-never-wants-leave-fans-honor-late-grandmother

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2021 at 11:55 PM, Franchiseneedsme said:

because the cap hit for a franchise tag would be too high. You sure he wouldn't turn that down?