Donald Trump permanently banned on Twitter

14 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t like this at all.  I dislike trump, but tech companies making these moves is very scary

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Fascism. 

Corporate Fascism fully supporting one Political Party setting a precedent it surely won't follow for wrong think.  

Spare us the it's a private company b.s.   

You are not a true "liberal" if you're good with this.  

You're a fascist.  

So...here you are supporting a fascist website that bans people....please open up your IQs and tell us the difference

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Fascism. 

Corporate Fascism fully supporting one Political Party setting a precedent it surely won't follow for wrong think.  

Spare us the it's a private company b.s.   

You are not a true "liberal" if you're good with this.  

You're a fascist.  

In two different threads you have proved you don't what fascism is. Maybe it's more. I've only seen two.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

Stop with your bull####, how many pipe bombs were disarmed in BLM? How many people died that were not direct effect of Proud Boys terrorism?

Sucks that you are just a ham sandwich with no real reason to be angry other than your presidents attempt to control the media with his propaganda has failed. People realized it wasn't fake media... It was a fake Trump.

how many people died that were not a direct effect of proud boys "terrorism"?

the most notable 

david dorn

the forgotten 8 year old little girl 

secoriea turner

the young black teen in the chop Horace Lorenzo Anderson are the most notable but their are others.

can the police that were ambushed be included?

can the spikes in murder in areas that defunded the police be included? are they not victims as a direct result of the protests?

can i include peaceful protestors that were killed by someone that can't be labeled a white supremist trump supporter like 24 year old summer taylor simply because the driver was black?

should i continue? 

ok 

jessica doty whitaker 24 year old mother.

this isnt a scorecard and "mostly peaceful" protest had the same pain for the families as "the assault on our democracy". murder is murder. riots are riots. hate is hate. there is no side to these things.

im not brainwashed as you stated. i pay attention to both sides very well. that statment tells me you don't and most likely you will avoid a reply

Edited by Buffarukus

5 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Again, never addressing the issue just labeling, “brainwashed”. You embody the problem with this country. 

I understand private companies, they can do as they choose. However, they are also gate keeping which means they are publishers and should be treated as such.

What do you do when the machine is now silencing the competition which they are trying to do? You can’t say they are a private company and then say go to another place and government is over reaching to kill that place too. 

There was never an expectation of free speech in this country that you could say whatever you wanted to say when you utilize public forms of communication.  The FCC has regulated the airwaves for many years.  Newspaper editors have ALWAYS screened 'letters to the editor' of their papers because they would then be 'liable' for what was printed there.  Currently, section 230 places no liability on large media platforms and they are left to police themselves.  Twitter is, I'm sure, a bit scared that they could be entangled with a very large investigation by the FBI into the origins and perpetrators of the coup attempt on our country that happened on January 6th.  If you equate their actions with other forms of traditional media (newspapers, TV, magazines etc...) their actions are a necessary part of their responsibility.  

Make no mistake, the FBI is conducting a wide ranging investigation into this very serious matter.  Conflating the instigator of this national tragedy, Donald Trump, with all conservative political thought is misleading and disingenuous.  They have not 'silenced' conservative thought.  Rather, they have silenced the instigator of a national tragedy.  If this happens again it will only be worse.  If Twitter had not taken steps to do this then future spilled blood would surely be on their hands.  Beyond monetary implications for Twitter, I'm sure their lawyers are telling them that the FBI could come at them for being complicit in an insurrection of the US government and that people could go to jail.  

Donald Trump can have a news conference at any point and literally say anything he wants to say to the entire world.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

In two different threads you have proved you don't what fascism is. Maybe it's more. I've only seen two.

Ok let's talk reality in the US and the state of freedoms.

If a private business, (bakery), has been given the rights by the courts that they can refuse service to the public if the  customer us gay, then Twitter can stop service to Trump.  

Seems simple to me.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LDD said:

There was never an expectation of free speech in this country that you could say whatever you wanted to say when you utilize public forms of communication.  The FCC has regulated the airwaves for many years.  Newspaper editors have ALWAYS screened 'letters to the editor' of their papers because they would then be 'liable' for what was printed there.  Currently, section 230 places no liability on large media platforms and they are left to police themselves.  Twitter is, I'm sure, a bit scared that they could be entangled with a very large investigation by the FBI into the origins and perpetrators of the coup attempt on our country that happened on January 6th.  If you equate their actions with other forms of traditional media (newspapers, TV, magazines etc...) their actions are a necessary part of their responsibility.  

Make no mistake, the FBI is conducting a wide ranging investigation into this very serious matter.  Conflating the instigator of this national tragedy, Donald Trump, with all conservative political thought is misleading and disingenuous.  They have not 'silenced' conservative thought.  Rather, they have silenced the instigator of a national tragedy.  If this happens again it will only be worse.  If Twitter had not taken steps to do this then future spilled blood would surely be on their hands.  Beyond monetary implications for Twitter, I'm sure their lawyers are telling them that the FBI could come at them for being complicit in an insurrection of the US government and that people could go to jail.  

Donald Trump can have a news conference at any point and literally say anything he wants to say to the entire world.  

i think your missing the point of silencing the (competition). you want to enforce tos for inciting violence...it should happen. the problem that keeps getting missed is it should be done evenly and it simply is not. antifa organizers openly called for riots with times and places under thin veiled soup party...bring soup cans to throw and a umbrella. andy noe could easily track where the next riot would take place because it was in plain view! we have many elected officials calling for protests to continue..."get in thier faces" ect ect as small buisness burn and people were murdered as pointed out above in my last post. still there, no tos issues with these posts.

its not about free to say anything you want no matter the cost. its the uneven distribution of "tos" based purely on political ideology even when the result is violence. 

29 minutes ago, LDD said:

Until the networks won't televise it. 

Newspapers won't print it 

And anyone associated with him and his positions (borders, pro life, lower taxes, not starting wars we can't get out of) gets arbitrary banned like in any free society.   

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

And anyone associated with him and his positions (borders, pro life, lower taxes, not starting wars we can't get out of) gets arbitrary banned like in any free society.   

Hey man you are posting on a fascist site just like you said... Why are you doing that? 

1. Trump can use the official POTUS account for official government messaging. That's the only twitter account his predecessor used. It's not like the ability of the President to communicate with the people has been cut off. The primary vehicle for a former candidate for President's demagoguery has been eliminated. That's not the same thing.

2. He can move to Parler. He can set up his Trumpster or whatever. He says he's worth $6 billion. I think he can create that for .001% of his (claimed) net worth.

3. He can move to billsfans.com, where some rabid conspiracy theorists have cleverly hidden a QAnon site behind a fake football fan site.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I fully expect that to happen once he becomes a private citizen.  If the networks don't deem him 'newsworthy' then he won't be.  They have never deemed me 'newsworthy' and my rights aren't being infringed.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i think your missing the point of silencing the (competition). you want to enforce tos for inciting violence...it should happen. the problem that keeps getting missed is it should be done evenly and it simply is not. antifa organizers openly called for riots with times and places under thin veiled soup party...bring soup cans to throw and a umbrella. andy noe could easily track where the next riot would take place because it was in plain view! we have many elected officials calling for protests to continue..."get in thier faces" ect ect as small buisness burn and people were murdered as pointed out above in my last post. still there, no tos issues with these posts.

its not about free to say anything you want no matter the cost. its the uneven distribution of "tos" based purely on political ideology even when the result is violence. 

And that inequality may be happening.  I don't know.  If section 230 is repealed these platforms will have no recourse but to police ALL instances of the incitement of violence for which they would be liable.  

Just now, LDD said:

And that inequality may be happening.  I don't know.  If section 230 is repealed these platforms will have no recourse but to police ALL instances of the incitement of violence for which they would be liable.  

Indeed.

Hard to argue Twitter is a publisher as well. They are a social media site. 

I don’t agree with what Trump said or did the other day and at the same time, and I don’t really care that he’s been kicked off Twitter.  I’m not on Twitter and I don’t follow his every utterance. It keeps my life more pleasant. 

But make no mistake that there’s a clear, glaring, gross double standard here.

I guess if he just limited himself to #resist and #notmypresident he’d be all good.

I guess if he just kept it to harming police and taking over federal courthouses he’d be all good.

I guess if he just limited himself to supporting the burning and looting  of businesses in NYC he’d be all good.

There’s a line between exercising your rights and abusing the exercise of your rights.  Twitter seems to believe that they are capable judges of that line. 

28 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ok let's talk reality in the US and the state of freedoms.

If a private business, (bakery), has been given the rights by the courts that they can refuse service to the public if the  customer us gay, then Twitter can stop service to Trump.  

Seems simple to me.

Simple people can't understand simple concepts.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don’t agree with what Trump said or did the other day and at the same time, and I don’t really care that he’s been kicked off Twitter.  I’m not on Twitter and I don’t follow his every utterance. It keeps my life more pleasant. 

I guess if he just limited himself to #resist and #notmypresident he’d be all good.

I guess if he just kept it to harming police and taking over federal courthouses he’d be all good.

I guess if he just limited himself to supporting the burning and looting  of businesses in NYC he’d be all good.

There’s a line between exercising your rights and abusing the exercise of your rights.  Twitter seems to believe that they are capable judges of that line. 

He had the most powerful Twitter handle and used it to invite violence and terrorism... Used to to spread lies of an election to brainwash these people into thinking the things they were doing were for the good of the country. 

He used it in a way to instead just protest something he decided to use it as a weapon.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

The President tells murderers that he loves them and you're concerned about Twitter.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The President tells murderers that he loves them and you're concerned about Twitter.

Yes.  

And which murderer did he specifically say he loved? 

So you're calling the tens of thousands of people there not to storm the Capitol murderers?  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  

And which murderer did he specifically say he loved? 

So you're calling the tens of thousands of people there not to storm the Capitol murderers?  

Don't act stupid.

He told the asswipe criminals that stormed the Capitol and caused multiple deaths that he loved them. It's on video. Maybe you need to watch it. Presumably you have seen it, but are not fluent in English.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

I don’t use Twitter but I’m not stupid enough not to see the reach of it. It is an ubiquitous means of communication.  Don’t downplay its affect on our current culture. And the Twitter ban of Trump wasn’t the end of it.  Apple and Google de-listed competing platforms and Twitter kicked off innumerable other accounts.  That’s a one-sided purge.  This country is polarized enough and Twitter just made it more so.  You’ve got no problem with that? Differing opinions don’t deserve an audience?  What’s good about that? What’d democratic about that? There are legitimate bipartisan debates about the reach of Twitter and Facebook and whether they should be regulated or not based upon their editorial practices.  

I dont know if any Democrat politicians have come out with a statement about how completely uncomfortable this is, but any with balls should do so.  This is the most bipartisan issue I can think of.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Don't act stupid.

He told the asswipe criminals that stormed the Capitol and caused multiple deaths that he loved them. It's on video. Maybe you need to watch it. Presumably you have seen it, but are not fluent in English.

No one was dead when he said that and if anyone was it was the women shot by police that conservatives are not destroying Downtown DC over.