Duke Williams elevated from the Practice Squad for tomorrow's game

Big Turk

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hear you but they can also go 5 Wide using Roberts or even Knox.

Daboll has a lot of tricks up his sleeve he will break out for the playoffs.  Duke's insurance call-up in my mind is more about

a guy getting sick or hurt in early warmups.

It's great guessing about stuff like this because everyone but maybe Beasley is healthy.

we don’t need Beasley to beat these guys.  Diggs/Brown/Davis is still almost an embarrassment of riches, especially with Allen throwing them the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I wonder if they sit Andre Roberts and let McKenzie take special teams.  Duke is a big target in the red zone, where we have struggled this season.

I was wondering about that last week when we saw so much of McKenzie.  If Duke is active I bet there are going to be some special packages for him.  Was he ever a QB? lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s about time. He’s the best WR on the team 

Finally.
 Bills have been saving him for the SB run. Obviously.

But sincerely 

Go Bills !

I do not care who specifically helps us win this game .

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Aren't you allowed extra roster spots for the playoffs?

Only the Patriots Pre Newton

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Duke will be starting at QB

Then switching to Tight End  ....

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yea this is correct.  But Brown was out so we had the room and need.  

If Kumerow was still here and activated for tomorrow it would probably be a jovial 10 page thread.   

Bottom line.  You can't really run on the Colts.  Buckner is just a menace.  Leonard is awesome.  We don't run the ball that well as is tho better lately.  If you're the Colts you want us running the ball.    

We're going to throw it 45 times.  In the event Brown or Diggs gets banged up, might be good to have more then just the rookie Davis vs that D to have to rely on.

But I still think this is just extra precaution in the event something happens pre game.   

this will do  :) Big ^ is on his game here .

All the above 

Trust the

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Embrace the process.

No seriously

I was just about to type "trust the process" - if they elevated Duke, Duke needed to be elevated!  Meaning - I trust he is the right elevation, and they have a purpose in mind for elevating him.  McDermott and Beane not elevating him out of "Duke Love".

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Insurance 

beasley and Diggs will both start

a few five wide plays in the game plan

we will throw 40+ passes

i think Duke will see about 10 snaps 

Duke won't dress, bank on it.

Diggs, Brown, Beas, Davis, Isiah, and Roberts.

then Gilliam is back, to go with Rambo and Lee.  Kroft won't dress.

And btw, please show me or inform when the Bills ran any 5 WR sets this entire season....yeah def not a few plays all year, let alone 1 game

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Insurance 

beasley and Diggs will both start

a few five wide plays in the game plan

we will throw 40+ passes

i think Duke will see about 10 snaps 

I get the idea, but if Diggs and Beasley both start - Duke is inactive - I have to believe.  You have Brown, McKittrick, Davis, and Roberts after Diggs and Beasley.  I do not see them dressing 7 WRs.

Duke is just in case Beasley can’t go.  Then they can still dress 6 guys.

This is what happened earlier in the sea un he was called up.  He was inactive then also I believe.

If Gilliam was not back then maybe you go with just Knox and Smith and use Duke as a TE style, but I just don’t really see that with the health of the roster.

Edited by Rochesterfan

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Sigh...

It could be that Diggs and Beasley are both planning on playing, but because they have an injury, they brought up Duke just in case the injuries get aggravated during the game.

I don’t think it necessarily means though that they can’t play.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe it’s a paycheck thing(in Duke’s situation).......he’s obviously a very hard worker, just a tough and talented lineup to crack. Could be as simple as a playoff paycheck for all your hard work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1