Duke Williams elevated from the Practice Squad for tomorrow's game

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Dress 48.  

PEOPLE HEAR ME OUT!

The entire Main Roster is HEALTHY with the exception of MAYBE Beasley out.

They called up a WR (Duke) who MIGHT DRESS and another OL who won't dress.

They both are 'Insurance" like others have said.

OK you Einstein's, who is 'Inactive" tomorrow? 

49  Fromm

50  Devey

51  Murphy

52  A, Smith

53  Yeldon (or they play and sit "The Duke"

54  Kroft (or they play and sit "The Duke"

55  Beasley (see 53 & 54 above)

I say "The Duke" sits and Yeldon, Kroft or of course Beasley play.

Duke sits, both he and Devey are insurance.

Beas will be active

• Like (+1) 1

I don't get the "Duke Williams is TERRIBLE" talk.  He's not. Look at last year.  He blocked. He hustled. He earned his spot on the roster. He was decent and made some clutch catches during the season.  Just not THE clutch catch in the playoffs. 

That being said, we are STACKED at WR and I don't expect or want him to take the field.  But sheesh, give the dude a break.  

• Like (+1) 7

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Insurance 

beasley and Diggs will both start

a few five wide plays in the game plan

we will throw 40+ passes

i think Duke will see about 10 snaps 

If those 2 dress Duke won't.  They won't dress 7 WR.  They would dress Kroft (3 TEs) before that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If those 2 dress Duke won't.  They won't dress 7 WR.  They would dress Kroft (3 TEs) before that.

They may. It depends on the status of Diggs and Beasley. I think it's 90% they are both active. It's the playoffs. But that doesn't mean, especially in Beasley's case and a knee injury, that he will be able to grind the entire game and be his reliable self. It's quite possible no one will know that until midway through the game. That's why first Duke was activated for insurance.

But it also just happens that the Colts are most susceptible to mid range passes. And a little short on CBS. That is where Duke can help the team even if the other two are playing. Sure we have five guys in Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and McKenzie but I expect to see a decent amount of 5 wide. I wouldn't bet on him being active but I wouldn't be surprised either. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They may. It depends on the status of Diggs and Beasley. I think it's 90% they are both active. It's the playoffs. But that doesn't mean, especially in Beasley's case and a knee injury, that he will be able to grind the entire game and be his reliable self. It's quite possible no one will know that until midway through the game. That's why first Duke was activated for insurance.

But it also just happens that the Colts are most susceptible to mid range passes. And a little short on CBS. That is where Duke can help the team even if the other two are playing. Sure we have five guys in Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and McKenzie but I expect to see a decent amount of 5 wide. I wouldn't bet on him being active but I wouldn't be surprised either. 

Down there best man corner I agree, they spread them out.  And let Allen cook.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I hear you but they can also go 5 Wide using Roberts or even Knox.

Daboll has a lot of tricks up his sleeve he will break out for the playoffs.  Duke's insurance call-up in my mind is more about

a guy getting sick or hurt in early warmups.

It's great guessing about stuff like this because everyone but maybe Beasley is healthy.

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Duke active because he can fill in at multiple positions if guys can't go

Big enough body to run some tight end and wide receiver or full back even

Follow the money, connect the dots - all roads lead to Duke in Letchworth...  :beer: