Allen, Beasley, White, Roberts - 2nd team All Pro

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had that same question. Vacant?

IIRC, if there is a unanimous First Team selection at a position (ie. Kelce), there is no Second Team All Pro

So based on the way voting works, this means someone voted for Cole Beasley as one of their top 3 WRs in the league this year. That's pretty wild. The only thing I can think is maybe they tried to treat it like a real team and therefore gave a vote to Beasley as exclusively a slot guy.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Awesome achievement for all those guys.

Beasley just shouldn't be there though. He had a great season for himself, but this is just a weird quirk with the way the voting works where receiving 1 outlier vote from someone was enough to tie. There were definitely more deserving WRs this year though.

Beasley absolutely deserves it as recognition for being the top slot WR in the league this year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dhg said:

IIRC, if there is a unanimous First Team selection at a position (ie. Kelce), there is no Second Team All Pro

that’s exactly correct. Since the voters only vote for a single TE, there is no 2nd team TE this year because no one came in 2nd in the voting.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Beasley absolutely deserves it as recognition for being the top slot WR in the league this year.

Beasley is a good player but you’re fooling yourself if you think he deserves to be an All Pro.

Edited by Bangarang

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Beasley making it is actually shocking to me.

He only had 1 vote but 1 was enough to get on the 2nd team.  Poyer had 3 but several other guys had more.  A lot of Bills had 1-3 votes and were not 2nd team All-Pros.  I'm guessing the one person who voted for Beasely wanted a true slot receiver on their roster.  

Just now, auburnbillsbacker said:

He only had 1 vote but 1 was enough to get on the 2nd team.  Poyer had 3 but several other guys had more.  A lot of Bills had 1-3 votes and were not 2nd team All-Pros.  I'm guessing the one person who voted for Beasely wanted a true slot receiver on their roster.  

You can thank Peter King for that vote. His reasoning behind it was if he was a QB and had to go against a defense, he’d want Beasley in the slot.

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

So based on the way voting works, this means someone voted for Cole Beasley as one of their top 3 WRs in the league this year. That's pretty wild. The only thing I can think is maybe they tried to treat it like a real team and therefore gave a vote to Beasley as exclusively a slot guy.

Peter King said he voted for Beasley because he was the best slot WR

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Metcalf only 1 vote after the start to the season he had? Dude really fell off a cliff in the second half I guess.

He still finished 6th in yards and 8th in TDs but you can only vote for 3 guys and Adams and Diggs were locks for 2 of those spots and really, Tyreek Hill should have been a lock for the 3rd as well. At any rate, DK was awesome this year but still not one of the top 3 WRs in the league this year.

Odd change this year to the roster.

Last year the AP all pro team had a flex position on both the 1st and 2nd teams. And only two WR spots on both the 1st and 2nd teams.

The 2020 team they got rid of the flex spot and named three WR's for both the 1st and 2nd team (five for the 2nd team because three receivers tied with 1 vote each for the third spot on the second team).

And the 2019 team the Flex player named for both the first and second team was also the RB named for that same team (McCaffery and Henry). Glad they changed it this year as having the same player seems kind of dumb.

34 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Imagine had we kept Wyatt Teller! Always liked him but when we traded him there wasn't a place for him on the line.  Great for Wyatt!

He had and still has trouble in pass protection, not good for a pass-first offense. Might be better than Boettger in this respect, though, and he certainly is better as a run blocker.