Washington Post gives a shoutout to the Bills Mafia

notwoz

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

It sucks it has come to this.....I was going to a place where they were practicing social distancing and masks were worn and it was cool.  Lately it is the wild west now in FL.  Just a bummer.....I now watch at home and make my own wings....I'm getting pretty proficient at it so there is a silver lining I guess!

GO BILLS!!!!!

It sure is man... It's crazy here.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

heres a taste 

It had been 27 years since Ken Johnson watched a Buffalo Bills game at his Rochester, N.Y., home before this season, when the coronavirus pandemic closed Bills Stadium to fans and Lot 2, Abbott Road, Hammer’s Lot and all the other Orchard Park landmarks fell strikingly quiet on fall Sundays. He favors complete focus on Bills games, and so Johnson retreated to the third-floor attic, alone, while his wife and kids watched downstairs. He placed a television on a dresser, eye-height, and paced around the room.

The City of Good Neighbors

In 2010, Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson dropped a game-winning touchdown pass and mourned afterward by asking God, in a tweet, why He had let him down. A day later, ESPN reporter Adam Schefter retweeted Johnson’s plea. Del Reid, like many of his online Bills fan brethren, took offense at Schefter for what they perceived as piling on and took up for Johnson. The teasing led Schefter to block Reid and others. Jokingly leaning into the online villainy, Reid coined a moniker: They were the #BillsMafia.

Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I've lived in the DC area 36 years now, and I can honestly say, that's the most accurate portrayal of Bills Mafia written by someone outside WNY.   Nice job.

Yeah, really good. I appreciate a well written article that seems to "get it" by an out of towner. Nice read. 

Not bad.

One inaccuracy........Hammer's lot was empty until the Disney style parking and 9am lot opening debacle in the main lots forced most of us to private lots about 10 years ago.   I'm not even sure Kenny was in Lot 1 in 1992........I think he might have joined us over there when the Field house was put up.     Putting up that practice facility really filled up Lot 1 and created something crazy.

Key point at the end........it has drawn so many of us even closer.

Before the season I was long resigned to no fans in 2020.....but I would have told you that I'd rather be able to go to the games and tailgate than a Super Bowl win without it.  But not being able to go to home games has actually made us gather and tailgate in smaller groups for EVERY game.    We've been very careful to stay healthy and made it thru 16 games with none of us getting the crud and we've eaten like kings and had an awesome season that will only improve our tailgates next year or whenever we can return.  I hated to see the regular season end.   Say it all the time but the journey is the reward and this journey has been fun.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not bad.

One inaccuracy........Hammer's lot was empty until the Disney style parking and 9am lot opening debacle in the main lots forced most of us to private lots about 10 years ago.   I'm not even sure Kenny was in Lot 1 in 1992........I think he might have joined us over there when the Field house was put up.     Putting up that practice facility really filled up Lot 1 and created something crazy.

Key point at the end........it has drawn so many of us even closer.

Before the season I was long resigned to no fans in 2020.....but I would have told you that I'd rather be able to go to the games and tailgate than a Super Bowl win without it.  But not being able to go to home games has actually made us gather and tailgate in smaller groups for EVERY game.    We've been very careful to stay healthy and made it thru 16 games with none of us getting the crud and we've eaten like kings and had an awesome season that will only improve our tailgates next year or whenever we can return.  I hated to see the regular season end.   Say it all the time but the journey is the reward and this journey has been fun.  

Jagerbombs on me whenever TPTB deem it “safe” to tailgate again. I’ll be the guy in the red Tyrod color rush jersey in the Hammer Lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What is this "open paper" thing you speak of? ;)

I will forever miss a thick and hefty Sunday paper. It was a family ritual to divvy out the various sections according to preference, then to share once you were finished with yours. I know this is, and in the name of progress should, be gone forever. It was a simple pleasure.

• Thank you (+1) 1