PFF's top 100 free agents

On 1/16/2021 at 12:35 PM, Steve Evans said:

I was hoping to see more attention to signing DL? Need to get better on the defensive front. Does Star come back?

Yes. I suspect to help manage the cap that his return will equal a cut for someone else

On 1/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, Doc said:

It will cost a lot to keep DW.  And he's not an OG.

Williams took a prove it deal, he's proven it and now will go and get paid elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:19 AM, Mountain Man said:

Yes. I suspect to help manage the cap that his return will equal a cut for someone else

Williams took a prove it deal, he's proven it and now will go and get paid elsewhere.

I think he'll stay with McDermott and Beane, his best years as a pro were with Beane being involved in Carolina.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:51 PM, Monty98 said:

I think he'll stay with McDermott and Beane, his best years as a pro were with Beane being involved in Carolina.

It's likely his last chance at a big pay day. Someone would offer huge money as a decent OT 

Edited by Mountain Man

On 1/7/2021 at 5:35 PM, Tortured Soul said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

Milano at 37, Darryl Williams at 40. No Feliciano.

What's more interesting is that, in addition to re-signing Milano for 4/45 and Williams for 3/31.5, they also have the Bills signing Richard Sherman (No. 19) for 2/28, Chris Carson (No. 57) for 3/27, and Trey Hendrickson (No. 59) for 4/45.

Where is all this money coming from!?

I don't see those latter signings, but I hope Feliciano is high on our list.

The part I found most interesting is actually here:

17. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

After one of the most volatile careers in recent history, Fitzpatrick has played the best football of his career since 2018 as he’s posted three of his four best PFF grades. His aggressiveness allows playmakers to create chunk plays down the field, but it also allows the defense to make just as many plays on the ball. Still, that style works well with the right supporting cast, and Fitzpatrick has actually done a fine job of maximizing his group of playmakers and subpar offensive line in Miami.

Contract Analysis: The Fitzmagic rolls on for another season, as the journeyman QB seems to age like a rich Bordeaux. Miami made it clear this past offseason that retaining Fitzpatrick was a priority, even with clear plans to draft Tua Tagovailoa. The 38-year-old had an $8 million base salary for 2020 with no other compensation left on his deal, and teams were reportedly sending trade offers. Miami’s decision to keep one of the great “bridge” quarterbacks around has been a win-win for both parties, and there will be several suitors for Fitzpatrick’s services again in 2021.

Prediction: Patriots sign Ryan Fitzpatrick for one-year, $10 million ($10 million APY): $10M total guaranteed/fully guaranteed at signing.

1.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the league.  I heard it right here back in 2013, when Nix was moving on.  Now he's #17 on PFF's list of free agents.  SMH.  SMDH.

2. At age 38.  Same age as Ben Roethlisberger, who looked as though you could stick a fork in him this season

3. And damn, he does seem to be getting better!  I can remember in 2010 writing a piece about Fitzpatrick's throws and how if he could just....and just....he could raise his completion % from 58% to 62% or 63%.  And next year he did ......but those INTs.  Since then he's had 3 seasons with a passer rating >95, including this year.  SMH again

Ryan Fitzpatrick, who woulda thunk? 

Hope he's wearing blue and red and cheering for our Bills today.

• 2 months later...

I don't think this deserves its own thread just to bash PFF, but still find it hilarious... so I found the most recent thread where PFF is mentioned and leave it here.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-draft

Bills are rated 5th in some kind of their offseason rankings. But there is a funny quote:

"It’ll be interesting to monitor how much Allen regresses in 2021, but this team is again looking dangerous and should have no issues repeating as AFC East champions." :)

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't think this deserves its own thread just to bash PFF, but still find it hilarious... so I found the most recent thread where PFF is mentioned and leave it here.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-draft

Bills are rated 5th in some kind of their offseason rankings. But there is a funny quote:

"It’ll be interesting to monitor how much Allen regresses in 2021, but this team is again looking dangerous and should have no issues repeating as AFC East champions." :)

Well the second part means maybe he has 67% completion, that would be by definition a regression. (Allen is still so good) "this team is again looking dangerous and should have no issues repeating as AFC East champions" seems to show they think he will still be a top 5 QB.

After rereading this thread on April 24th, I’m sure as hell not taking financial advice from the vast majority of you guys..., 😂

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

After rereading this thread on April 24th, I’m sure as hell not taking financial advice from the vast majority of you guys..., 😂

Hey, I told you Hendrickson would cost $15M/year.

• Haha (+1) 1