PFF's top 100 free agents

1 hour ago, below said:

Lots of possibilities this offseason.

On one hand we have almost no cap room.

On the other hand we have the potential to clear a lot of space with Hughes (8m) Morse (5m) Brown (8m), Jefferson (6m)  Addison (5m), Butler (7m), Matekevich (3m). That's potentially $40 million.

A few weeks ago I figured there was no way we'd let Brown go but it's becoming obvious Davis HAS to play full time.

Of course we won't release all of them but definitely will lose some of them. 

My guess:

release: Jefferson, Butler, Brown, Matakevich. Possibly extend ONE of Jefferson/Butler for extra cap room. Maybe get a 5th or 6th rounder for Brown in a trade.

re-sign D.Williams, Feliciano and one of McKenzie/Roberts. Milano gone for a comp pick and pretty much all the other UFAs gone unless VERY cheap.

We'd take a hit next year but collect comp picks and have more money for the future. Very dependent on a good draft in 2021 to replace our losses.

Or we could go the Saints route: push money into the future and go all-out next year.

Im sorry dude, but this is a bit wild. Morse is doing fine, Matekevich has been what he was supposed to be. Seems like alot to jettison.

I agree about Hughes, Addison, and Butler....and gulp Brown. I might not want so much turnover on the DL. 

On 1/13/2021 at 10:04 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not sure I'm liking what I see of Trey Hendrickson 13.5 sacks this year, but 9 of them came in the first two weeks of the season.   What happened after that?  Are there any better options?  If not then I'd keep Addison

Huh?

3 hours ago, below said:

No chance on David. Milano's replacement is already on the roster: AJ Klein.

We COULD take a swing on a pass rusher if we released Hughes and Addison. No clue if Barrett fits our D.

More likely we just keep the status quo though and hope that Oliver and Epenesa step up on the DL. 

Klein will be Milano's replacement? uh no,...  and our defensive line has been playing putrid .. we watching the same football?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, below said:

Lots of possibilities this offseason.

On one hand we have almost no cap room.

On the other hand we have the potential to clear a lot of space with Hughes (8m) Morse (5m) Brown (8m), Jefferson (6m)  Addison (5m), Butler (7m), Matekevich (3m). That's potentially $40 million.

A few weeks ago I figured there was no way we'd let Brown go but it's becoming obvious Davis HAS to play full time.

Of course we won't release all of them but definitely will lose some of them. 

My guess:

release: Jefferson, Butler, Brown, Matakevich. Possibly extend ONE of Jefferson/Butler for extra cap room. Maybe get a 5th or 6th rounder for Brown in a trade.

re-sign D.Williams, Feliciano and one of McKenzie/Roberts. Milano gone for a comp pick and pretty much all the other UFAs gone unless VERY cheap.

We'd take a hit next year but collect comp picks and have more money for the future. Very dependent on a good draft in 2021 to replace our losses.

Or we could go the Saints route: push money into the future and go all-out next year.

If you release a player, you can't get comp picks for them.

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

14 Million for Richard Sherman would be unforgiveable. The dude is done.

Agreed that's too much money.

My prediction is something similar to the norman deal in the 6 million range and he follows Saleh to the jets.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:19 AM, MrSarcasm said:

What does cutting morse save next year? I could see Feliciano going to C permanently and then plugging Ford where Feliciano was.

I think Mongo is a starting caliber G in the NFL, who has added value as a backup C. Basically, his current role on the Bills. Moving him to C weakens two positions. The Bills need to get better, not worse. 

Either restructure Morse or let him play out his current deal. Do NOT intentionally weaken the o-line. Dumping Morse, with his dead cap figure, won't help to sign Williams when you also have to capably fill the hole at C or RG that cut creates.

Hendrickson is about the most perfect fit for our defense that you could find this off season. Big defensive end who is coming into his own, and needs a chance to start. He’s a bit of a one year wonder, so there is risk there, but he’s a small school guy who put it all together. I would also take a flyer on a guy like Solomon Thomas. He is still very young and needs a change of scenery. At worst he is a good run defender who can play end and tackle. 

Daryl Williams is Absolutely the number 1 priority and needs to get done above all else. Does he get something like that Jack Conklin 3 years 42 million? Or perhaps a bit more?

After Williams it is Milano. But I think they will be careful with his cost. I think he should stay where he is a great fit, and my gut tells me it works out. I think he is a big difference maker and has a nose for the ball. At the same time, off ball linebackers with his skillset are not typically hard to come by. Question is, do they make the same impact? I like Nick Bolton in the draft. Obviously Lavonte David would be a dream, but guys like Nate Gerry, Duke Riley, Alex Anzalone, Kamu Grugier-Hill could all be replacements who have upside. I want Milano back though and am interested to see where his market goes. 

I like Feliciano. I think he brings attitude and aggression to games and I think he is a pretty average guard. Do

I want him to stay? Yes. But our starting guard next year are Boettger and Cody Ford, so I’m not convinced he’s back. I think it comes down to numbers and if he is guaranteed a starting spot elsewhere. 

At corner I take a shot at a young high upside guy like Kevin King and sprinkle magic McDermott DB dust on him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Feliciano. I think he brings attitude and aggression to games and I think he is a pretty average guard. Do

I want him to stay? Yes. But our starting guard next year are Boettger and Cody Ford, so I’m not convinced he’s back. I think it comes down to numbers and if he is guaranteed a starting spot elsewhere.  

It'd be crazy to get rid of Feliciano. He is a solid NFL starter at 3 positions, and wouldn't be crazy money. 2 inexperienced guards in Boettger and Ford is a recipe for disaster especially if we lose Williams to a big money RT contract 

13 hours ago, below said:

My guess:

release:  Matakevich. 

They have invested in Special Teams for a reason, it was terrible. Now it's good. They aren't suddenly going to then get rid of one of the core players. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Trent Williams! Not happening, but I'd love it. Move Williams inside. I don't think it would take crazy money to keep DW, but TW would cost a bundle.

It will cost a lot to keep DW.  And he's not an OG.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Hendrickson is about the most perfect fit for our defense that you could find this off season. Big defensive end who is coming into his own, and needs a chance to start. He’s a bit of a one year wonder, so there is risk there, but he’s a small school guy who put it all together. I would also take a flyer on a guy like Solomon Thomas. He is still very young and needs a change of scenery. At worst he is a good run defender who can play end and tackle. 

Daryl Williams is Absolutely the number 1 priority and needs to get done above all else. Does he get something like that Jack Conklin 3 years 42 million? Or perhaps a bit more?

After Williams it is Milano. But I think they will be careful with his cost. I think he should stay where he is a great fit, and my gut tells me it works out. I think he is a big difference maker and has a nose for the ball. At the same time, off ball linebackers with his skillset are not typically hard to come by. Question is, do they make the same impact? I like Nick Bolton in the draft. Obviously Lavonte David would be a dream, but guys like Nate Gerry, Duke Riley, Alex Anzalone, Kamu Grugier-Hill could all be replacements who have upside. I want Milano back though and am interested to see where his market goes. 

At corner I take a shot at a young high upside guy like Kevin King and sprinkle magic McDermott DB dust on him. 

Hendrickson has been a beast this year. He'd be a great upgrade at DE. We could say bye to Murphy and Addison.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

No thanks on Hendrickson.  Huge red flag that he busts out in a contract year.  He'll likely be looking for $15M/year at least.  Let someone else take the chance.

Normally I’d agree but as a small school, he took a while to develop. He’s also part of a rotation in New Orleans, which is something we do here. Obviously it depends on price, but I think it is a fair investment. 

Hopefully, Epenesa develops and we don’t have to worry about the position. 

23 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bolton isn't bad, but if you want decent value, Chaz Surratt out of UNC is my pick for LB. Ex QB who switched to defense last year with the young QB who came in, while he may not be a perfect LB coming in, he understands passing concepts and can be a strong over LB ala Milano. I do believe they had similar size coming out as well.

• Like (+1) 1