PFF's top 100 free agents

3 hours ago, Process said:

I'd like the bills to address TE in free agency but it's a pretty crappy class. 

Any good 1st-2nd round TEs in the draft other than Pitts?

Yes, Brevin Jordan out of Miami. Although he's more of a flexed out TE than inline, he can still block and chip DE to help the tackle, I'm not sure how he'd stack up against OLB in a 3-4 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOhH4sqGOM (Miami Vs Louisville)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ1dIzcFjwQ (Miami vs UAB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72UNdAuoCkA&t=90s (Miami vs FSU)

I'd add Jordan late 2nd, early 3rd had some issues staying healthy but when he was playing for Miami he was an absolute stud. Really good after the catch, had pretty good hands, couple drops here and there but not constant drop issues. Mismatch vs LB in coverage, clearly was D'eriq King's favourite target when he was on the field, move TE that can really cause headaches.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/brevin-jordan-nfl-draft-player-profile-miami-tight-end/ (Brevin's draft profile, note my quick notes vs their write up is similar)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for sharing OP.  For me, that’s an off season read.  I don’t care about anything other than the playoffs.  Once they are done, I’m sure their will be another free agent (or 30) listing later.

For me p, I spend zero time on free agency, the draft, trades, until after the season.  We have months and months to discuss it.  Why invest time now.  We are the AFCE champs.  Something to enjoy.

And, oh btw, only the third time we have ever gone 13-3 since we went to 16 games.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:57 AM, Monty98 said:

I don't think there's any chance of Jonnu Smith getting out of Tenn.

Big chance? No. But he’s gotta be a top TE candidate...if a dude was ever gonna cash in, now’s his chance. And with the Titans getting bounced from the playoffs, he’ll have the opportunity to weigh $ vs. championship potential in TEN vs. championship potential in another city. He’s got options, in other words. 

On 1/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, purple haze said:

I don’t see the Rams letting Troy Hill walk.  They like him.

I doubt we get ALL these guys. But I seen them as the tier of guys we like to go after. No superstars on this list, but some guys who could make above average contributions and potentially play at a level above their current production in the right sydtem. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, djp14150 said:

Not analyzing who we should try and sign but what I think the team tries to sign....

1 depth vet CB

2 OL

3. TE

4. OLB

because of cap these aren’t going to be high salaried players at their position.

so e of the names on there...I don’t see them getting that money they say.

1. Could be here already assuming EJ Gaines returns next year. 

On 1/9/2021 at 5:19 AM, MrSarcasm said:

What does cutting morse save next year? I could see Feliciano going to C permanently and then plugging Ford where Feliciano was.

Morse count $5.5 million if cut next year. Too rich for my blood and I'm not a Ford fan. Mongo to me is most important UFA this off-season. 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:35 PM, Tortured Soul said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

Milano at 37, Darryl Williams at 40. No Feliciano.

What's more interesting is that, in addition to re-signing Milano for 4/45 and Williams for 3/31.5, they also have the Bills signing Richard Sherman (No. 19) for 2/28, Chris Carson (No. 57) for 3/27, and Trey Hendrickson (No. 59) for 4/45.

Where is all this money coming from!?

I don't really care about Sherman or Trey Hendrickson but Chris Carson is interesting considering our need for a RB. I don't think he would be very expensive either

On 1/7/2021 at 6:35 PM, Tortured Soul said:

What's more interesting is that, in addition to re-signing Milano for 4/45 and Williams for 3/31.5, they also have the Bills signing Richard Sherman (No. 19) for 2/28, Chris Carson (No. 57) for 3/27, and Trey Hendrickson (No. 59) for 4/45.

Drill another well!

I had thought about Sherman awhile back, think he'd be a good depth signing.   Without knowing the cash for 2021 have no idea how they can or can't afford them.

To free up money, cut Morse save $5 mil, Brown $8 mil, Butler $8 mil, Addison $8 mil, Restructure/extend Smith, Matakevich, Hyde and maybe a couple others could free up close to $35 mil

Not sure I'm liking what I see of Trey Hendrickson 13.5 sacks this year, but 9 of them came in the first two weeks of the season.   What happened after that?  Are there any better options?  If not then I'd keep Addison

On 1/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, HappyDays said:

Agreed I think he would be an excellent pickup and likely affordable. I believe we could cut Norman with no cap obligations.

Norman is a free agent, nothing to cut.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, FastFreddy22 said:

Definitely need to keep williams and feliciano...offense is everything for the bills now...points points points 

Think between Morse, Feliciano and Williams, you keep two of the three and it's either Feliciano and Williams or Feliciano and Morse.  They still will be short one spot on the line, use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him

On 1/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Chris Carson got injured reading this article.  No thanks

Stay young and cheap at RB.

Sherman is too slow now.  Agree they need to get rid of Norman but they can add a younger zone DB in FA or the late rounds of the draft. Dane has shown enough that he deserves a roster spot next year.

Tag either Williams or Milano, try to sign the other, bring back Feliciano, and tender an offer to Levi

Let Murphy, Kroft, Butler, and Addison go

If they lose either Williams or Milano, they had better make sure they are net negative in free agent signings.  I suspect either of those guys would get them a 4th round or higher comp pick.

Completely agree. Dane deserves to replace Norman. Williams & Feliciano should be priorities over Milano. 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:03 PM, njbuff said:

Depending upon the success (or god forbid, failure) of these playoffs.........

the Bills can find a way to keep the critical FA's they wanna keep.

You can always finagle around the cap.

Finagling probably eaten up by Josh Allen. Bills will not have much room to play with. 

On 1/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Finagling probably eaten up by Josh Allen. Bills will not have much room to play with. 

Depends on how much is bonus money/base salary and how they structure it. Ideally we find a way to maybe not make it fully guaranteed. Maybe Allen turns to us and says let's make a deal and help the team win on a bridge deal.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:42 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Sherman, Richard first comes to mind. Yes he's older but the man still makes plays.. he would be our #2 guy. perfect zone fit. and if he has slowed up to much then I am thinking fresh team fresh position at safety would be perfect for him.. Hes been called out cause he watches the field to much.. I think he would be a natural switch.

Next player

Shaquil, Barrett next comes to mind because Hughes may be gone. This would be the edge rusher that would more then fit Hughes shoes

Next player

Lovente, David If Milano goes... and that may be the choice they have to make cause Edmunds not realistically going anywhere... Then this is a great fit good cover guy.

thoughts?

No chance on David. Milano's replacement is already on the roster: AJ Klein.

We COULD take a swing on a pass rusher if we released Hughes and Addison. No clue if Barrett fits our D.

More likely we just keep the status quo though and hope that Oliver and Epenesa step up on the DL. 

Lots of possibilities this offseason.

On one hand we have almost no cap room.

On the other hand we have the potential to clear a lot of space with Hughes (8m) Morse (5m) Brown (8m), Jefferson (6m)  Addison (5m), Butler (7m), Matekevich (3m). That's potentially $40 million.

A few weeks ago I figured there was no way we'd let Brown go but it's becoming obvious Davis HAS to play full time.

Of course we won't release all of them but definitely will lose some of them. 

My guess:

release: Jefferson, Butler, Brown, Matakevich. Possibly extend ONE of Jefferson/Butler for extra cap room. Maybe get a 5th or 6th rounder for Brown in a trade.

re-sign D.Williams, Feliciano and one of McKenzie/Roberts. Milano gone for a comp pick and pretty much all the other UFAs gone unless VERY cheap.

We'd take a hit next year but collect comp picks and have more money for the future. Very dependent on a good draft in 2021 to replace our losses.

Or we could go the Saints route: push money into the future and go all-out next year.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:32 PM, Bakin said:

I think we did ok this year with Moss and Motor. 
we didn’t run much...together they were the equivalent of a 1200yd season from one back. 

Disagree about motor. He's been explored , given a great chance, and is just not a feature back. We need a RB who can pop a bit more. Id look to the draft early to explore other options.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:35 PM, Tortured Soul said:

14 Million for Richard Sherman would be unforgiveable. The dude is done.