PFF's top 100 free agents

4 minutes ago, Bakin said:

No way I’m paying Carson $9M a year...

Rather pay Aaron Jones $2MM/yr more. At least Jones can take over a game splitting carries and play WR if needed. Plus, he has to be accounted for because he’s a threat to take it to the house whenever the balls in his hands. 🤷‍♂️

Truth is... Can’t see us spending big money on a back with Singletary and Moss on the roster. It’d be nice to have a top RB, but not a necessity. Particularly if they came at the same price as a top offensive lineman. I’d take Darryl Williams over Jones, Carson, etc for the same price range. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Rather pay Aaron Jones $2MM/yr more. At least Jones can take over a game splitting carries and play WR if needed. Plus, he has to be accounted for because he’s a threat to take it to the house whenever the balls in his hands. 🤷‍♂️

Truth is... Can’t see us spending big money on a back with Singletary and Moss on the roster. It’d be nice to have a top RB, but not a necessity. Particularly if they came at the same price as a top offensive lineman. I’d take Darryl Williams over Jones, Carson, etc for the same price range. 

I think we did ok this year with Moss and Motor. 
we didn’t run much...together they were the equivalent of a 1200yd season from one back. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sherman, Richard first comes to mind. Yes he's older but the man still makes plays.. he would be our #2 guy. perfect zone fit. and if he has slowed up to much then I am thinking fresh team fresh position at safety would be perfect for him.. Hes been called out cause he watches the field to much.. I think he would be a natural switch.

Next player

Shaquil, Barrett next comes to mind because Hughes may be gone. This would be the edge rusher that would more then fit Hughes shoes

Next player

Lovente, David If Milano goes... and that may be the choice they have to make cause Edmunds not realistically going anywhere... Then this is a great fit good cover guy.

thoughts?

3 hours ago, Tortured Soul said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

Milano at 37, Darryl Williams at 40. No Feliciano.

What's more interesting is that, in addition to re-signing Milano for 4/45 and Williams for 3/31.5, they also have the Bills signing Richard Sherman (No. 19) for 2/28, Chris Carson (No. 57) for 3/27, and Trey Hendrickson (No. 59) for 4/45.

Where is all this money coming from!?

The stimulus 😉

Not analyzing who we should try and sign but what I think the team tries to sign....

1 depth vet CB

2 OL

3. TE

4. OLB

because of cap these aren’t going to be high salaried players at their position.

so e of the names on there...I don’t see them getting that money they say.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, WickedGame said:

Of that group, the players I see us most likely to sign (aside from any of our own we resign):

T Matt Feiler

C Austin Reiter 

Edge Trey Hendrickson

LB Jayon Brown

CB Troy Hill

TE Jonnu Smith

I don’t see the Rams letting Troy Hill walk.  They like him.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Sherman, Richard first comes to mind. Yes he's older but the man still makes plays.. he would be our #2 guy. perfect zone fit. and if he has slowed up to much then I am thinking fresh team fresh position at safety would be perfect for him.. Hes been called out cause he watches the field to much.. I think he would be a natural switch.

Next player

Shaquil, Barrett next comes to mind because Hughes may be gone. This would be the edge rusher that would more then fit Hughes shoes

Next player

Lovente, David If Milano goes... and that may be the choice they have to make cause Edmunds not realistically going anywhere... Then this is a great fit good cover guy.

thoughts?

I hope they don't overpay Edmunds. He's just a whisker above average, but he'll want to be paid like a probowler and he's not worth it.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, appoo said:

Sherman would be an excellent fit in McDermott's zone system

My best buddy is a Niners fan. He says Sherman is washed and there has been some discussion to move him to safety. 

I'd look elsewhere. 

On 1/7/2021 at 9:42 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Next player

Next player

thoughts?

I've heard of them. 

Get'r dun Beane! 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:24 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Chris Carson got injured reading this article.  No thanks

Stay young and cheap at RB.

Sherman is too slow now.  Agree they need to get rid of Norman but they can add a younger zone DB in FA or the late rounds of the draft. Dane has shown enough that he deserves a roster spot next year.

Tag either Williams or Milano, try to sign the other, bring back Feliciano, and tender an offer to Levi

Let Murphy, Kroft, Butler, and Addison go

If they lose either Williams or Milano, they had better make sure they are net negative in free agent signings.  I suspect either of those guys would get them a 4th round or higher comp pick.

I am minding my own business reading forum posts and you roll out “Chris Carson got injured reading this article.  No thanks”. I laughed out loud.. well done!!

On 1/7/2021 at 8:52 PM, WickedGame said:

Of that group, the players I see us most likely to sign (aside from any of our own we resign):

T Matt Feiler

C Austin Reiter 

Edge Trey Hendrickson

LB Jayon Brown

CB Troy Hill

TE Jonnu Smith

I don't think there's any chance of Jonnu Smith getting out of Tenn.