Recommendation: La Nova or Bocce pizza for nationwide delivery?

Buftex

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I am thinking of having 10 lbs of Sahlen's Hot Dogs delivered. I remember that I really like them, but can't remember if I had all beef, or pork and beef.

Any recommendations?

I can get beef Sahlen’s dogs at Publix grocery store near me. I don’t know what Ted’s serves, but these are pretty darn good and when my family visits they consider it a treat. A one pound package is 7 hot dogs. 

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I am thinking of having 10 lbs of Sahlen's Hot Dogs delivered. I remember that I really like them, but can't remember if I had all beef, or pork and beef.

Any recommendations?

If it isn't the natural casing dog skip it...  their "smokehouse" version, even in the south now, .... sucks. The collagen casing they use is horrible and they are Way saltier than the real deal. Bottom line: avoid the ***** "smokehouse" version. I actually like the Hofmanns natural casing dogs better... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Any recommendations?

I mean sahlens is sahlens but the most popular is pork , like what ted's sells

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

I can get beef Sahlen’s dogs at Publix grocery store near me. I don’t know what Ted’s serves, but these are pretty darn good and when my family visits they consider it a treat. A one pound package is 7 hot dogs. 

Ted serves both but their standard hot dog is pork. You need to ask for the beef

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ted serves both but their standard hot dog is pork. You need to ask for the beef

Good to know. Choosing between a Ball Park style hot dog vs any kind of Sahlens (or Hofmann’s, regardless of casing, beef or pork), is like choosing between a box of cheap wine or anything the sommelier has to offer. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Good to know. Choosing between a Ball Park style hot dog vs any kind of Sahlens (or Hofmann’s, regardless of casing, beef or pork), is like choosing between a box of cheap wine or anything the sommelier has to offer. 

Just once I would like to see a sommelier wheel in on a forklift, carrying a 1000 litre tote of 'house red'.  "Your wine, sir..."

On 1/8/2021 at 3:58 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

Any recommendations?

It might be cheaper to drive to Buffalo and pick them up.  My son got me a 3 lb. pack of Sahlens for Father's Day a few years ago.  Since it came to my house in my name, (didn't know what it was), I happened to see the invoice.  

Over $80 for shipping!!  That was for the 3lb package. I love Sahlens, but that's a little steep.. a lot steep.

If you do go back, if you drive, take an Omaha Steaks type cooler.  Freeze the dogs before you leave, add frozen ice packs (doesn't need to be dry ice), make sure the cooler is closed and leave it closed. 

We've driven back over 2 days, (to Kansas), in the middle of the summer and left them in the trunk.  WHen we got home, everything was still frozen.

If you find a place that ships cheaper, post it here...but shipping costs have always been a killer.

Eh, I still have about 10 lbs in my freezer, Im set for a while.

• Sad 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:56 PM, Nextmanup said:

You can't find good pizza in your local area in Texas?  

It's pizza.  There's probably some WNY ex-pat in your area.

I got lucky a little over a year ago.  I was in a convenience store and had a Bills hoodie on.  A guy approached me who was a delivery guy for a local pizzeria. He said his bosses were from Buffalo.  I had to check it out and sure enough, they make it the way its supposed to be made.  Two brothers, their grandparents had a pizzeria near the Pierce Arrow factory at one time. 

They are comparable to Boccie Club.

It'll be pepperoni and mushroom with Labatts for the Ravens game.  (Yeah, I found a liquor store that carries Blue, despite being 1000 miles away from Buffalo.

On 1/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

Any recommendations?

Get the normal ones, not the all-beef. The regular ones are by far, the best hotdogs on the planet.

Fight me.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:26 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just once I would like to see a sommelier wheel in on a forklift, carrying a 1000 litre tote of 'house red'.  "Your wine, sir..."

Some of us need a little more, so don't be so judgy..........

26 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Some of us need a little more, so don't be so judgy..........

It's not the quantity I'm questioning, it's the quality.

Then again, I've always been partial to Andrés 'Baby Duck'. 🥴

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

8 hours ago, CookieG said:

It might be cheaper to drive to Buffalo and pick them up.  My son got me a 3 lb. pack of Sahlens for Father's Day a few years ago.  Since it came to my house in my name, (didn't know what it was), I happened to see the invoice.  

Over $80 for shipping!!  That was for the 3lb package. I love Sahlens, but that's a little steep.. a lot steep.

If you do go back, if you drive, take an Omaha Steaks type cooler.  Freeze the dogs before you leave, add frozen ice packs (doesn't need to be dry ice), make sure the cooler is closed and leave it closed. 

We've driven back over 2 days, (to Kansas), in the middle of the summer and left them in the trunk.  WHen we got home, everything was still frozen.

If you find a place that ships cheaper, post it here...but shipping costs have always been a killer.

Eh, I still have about 10 lbs in my freezer, Im set for a while.

I was looking at the 10 lb pack for $70 ish, and free shipping IIRC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.