Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

On 1/8/2021 at 5:11 AM, IslandBillsFan said:

Getting the naming rights to an older stadium doesn't have the value as the newer stadiums.  In Buffalo, most people will always call it Ralph Wilson or Rich stadium.  Miami's stadium is another good example.  Most people call it Joe Robbie.  In fact Miami's stadium has went through so many naming deals it is practically a joke.  

Brand new stadiums that start out with their sponsor are easier to remember.  For example, Mercedes Benz in Atlanta.

True. But if I remember correctly the New Era deal would have carried over to a new stadium

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Hypothetically, if everything fell the bills way and KC loses and the Bills keep winning so the AFC Championship  game was played in Buffalo.

Imagine the bills with a good lead and the new name announced on the scoreboards at the 2 minute warning. Would have to be done with the cooperation of the TV network so it is on live TV. Perhaps the Sponsors would have to buy 30 sec of commercial time. Think that would make an immediate impact?

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, nkreed said:

I'm going to guess it'll be Rich Stadium again. Maybe one of their brands like Carvel Stadium (a terrible name IMO).

The other possibility seems like M&T finally taking the naming rights to their HOMETOWN stadium. Not this Baltimore randomness. But that lasts until 2027.

I did not know Carvel Ice Cream was a brand of Rich Foods. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

"It's a great stadium.  The best NFL stadium.  And the best fans.  But they made a mistake.  They got rid of the fried bologna sandwich.  Can you believe it?  Terrible mistake.  They should bring it back.  Wouldn't that be great?  Terry, Kim, will you do it?  Bring the fried bologna sandwich back?"  

I think it on the menu at the restaurant they own called the Healthy Scratch. 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/9/2021 at 9:54 AM, George C said:

It’s not going to be regional. It will be a National/international brand. 

I'm really starting to think it's going to be Pepsi. They seem to be sponsoring all of the Bills social media posts, and their logo was all over the stadium during the playoff game. 

I mean, their logo is on the Bills postgame victory speech:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/postgame-victory-speech-bills-defeat-colts

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I really starting to think it's going to be Pepsi. They seem to be sponsoring all of the Bills social media posts, and their logo was all over the stadium during the playoff game. 

I mean, their logo is on the Bills postgame victory speech:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/postgame-victory-speech-bills-defeat-colts

Huh, interesting thought. The colors would match! That'd be okay with me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/9/2021 at 7:15 AM, wppete said:

Someone start a gofundme raise money and call the stadium Bills Mafia Stadium. 

no thanks. 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:19 AM, Just Jack said:

"It's a great stadium.  The best NFL stadium.  And the best fans.  But they made a mistake.  They got rid of the fried bologna sandwich.  Can you believe it?  Terrible mistake.  They should bring it back.  Wouldn't that be great?  Terry, Kim, will you do it?  Bring the fried bologna sandwich back?"  

yes and nestlees quick for a combo beverage.  

On 1/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, Just Jack said:

Are you channeling Seinfeld's version of Steinbrenner?  🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Coca Cola is much superior to Pepsi.  Oh well.

Pepsi Co is based out of upstate NY and has twice the revenue of the Coca Cola company. They own 26 separate billion dollar per year brands, including Quaker. Which, given OP's history, would also be cool. Quaker Field? A heard of Bison's rumble by on the Jumbotron... Welcome to The Quake. 

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Pepsi Co is based out of upstate NY and has twice the revenue of the Coca Cola company. They own 26 separate billion dollar per year brands, including Quaker. Which, given OP's history, would also be cool. Quaker Field? A heard of Bison's rumble by on the Jumbotron... Welcome to The Quake. 

Coke = NO. 6 world's most valuable brands; $190B market cap

Pepsi = No. 29 valuable brands, $159B market cap

According to Forbes 2019; these numbers probably not totally accurate now.