Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

You guys are hilarious. Nothing is upstate relative to Buffalo. Everything is downstate. But when people outside of Buffalo talk about "upstate NY" they are talking about anything upstate of NY city. Anything north of NYC is upstate. 

Not form a Buffalo perspective. But that is exactly what Upstate NY is from the perspective of NY city and non- NYers.

No one from the city or Westchester considers Westchester as "Upstate NY".....

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Really?  I think the cutoff is closer to Kingston.  I consider Poughkeepsie "downstate."

I would consider anything south of White Plains (which is in southern Westchester County) as NYC.

My breakdown of NY State is:

Upstate

Central

Western

Downstate

NYC

As a Bronxite who has also lived in Yonkers and Carmel Ny, I would agree that anything above westchester would be upstate, not map wise but just in terms of what we say or refer to it when we leave the city. It’s def downstate in terms of a map, but upstate in regards to speech. We have a house in Pine plains Ny, and when we head up there, we tell everyone we’re heading upstate for the weekend. 

4 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

As a Bronxite who has also lived in Yonkers and Carmel Ny, I would agree that anything above westchester would be upstate, not map wise but just in terms of what we say or refer to it when we leave the city. It’s def downstate in terms of a map, but upstate in regards to speech. We have a house in Pine plains Ny, and when we head up there, we tell everyone we’re heading upstate for the weekend. 

Hmmph, I would have thought it was Bronxan. 

I think everyone in the city considers upstate everything north of region 8 Hudson Valley

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I used to work with a guy that grew up on Long Island.  He said growing up, anything north of the Tappen Zee was considered Canada.  

And personally, I prefer the regions as defined by New York. 

DE77FDEA-81D6-48A8-9201-670CC42D2326.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

If Pepsi buys the naming rights. You can be sure only Pepsi products would be sold at the concession stands.

Agreed and understood.  Few things more annoying than the hand wringing over the 'pouring rights' issues in school districts back in the 90s.

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I used to work with a guy that grew up on Long Island.  He said growing up, anything north of the Tappen Zee was considered Canada.  

And personally, I prefer the regions as defined by New York. 

DE77FDEA-81D6-48A8-9201-670CC42D2326.png

Coronavirus taught me (and everyone I know) that Warren, Washington and Saratoga Counties are the "Capital District."  That is purely asinine.  For my entire life, those three counties have been the North Country.

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m in Orange County and grew up in Ulster. In my mind I have always just fig 10 min past the city basically upstate I personally stretch it to west Chester. Kingston no question. I’m just a “city or Upstate” guy. I guess there’s no real answer 

My wife's from Kingston. I was at Stewart (Newburgh)for 4 years with the ANG. 

2 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

My wife's from Kingston. I was at Stewart (Newburgh)for 4 years with the ANG. 

Nice. My brother works at Stewart. I’m like 20 min from there. Nice area, there’s not much around though. Not a ton of Bills fans around. There are a few. It’s like a 6.5 hour ride each way to the stadium.  That’s a tough trip when you got to drive back home and work the next morning.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed and understood.  Few things more annoying than the hand wringing over the 'pouring rights' issues in school districts back in the 90s.

Still have it at my college.  When I was a student we were strictly a pepsi campus.  They changed to coca-cola probably 7-8 years ago but still allow something like 5% of pepsi product on campus so I basically had to find a random vending machine somewhere on campus in order to buy a Mt. Dew if I didn't bring one that day.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Nice. My brother works at Stewart. I’m like 20 min from there. Nice area, there’s not much around though. Not a ton of Bills fans around. There are a few. It’s like a 6.5 hour ride each way to the stadium.  That’s a tough trip when you got to drive back home and work the next morning.

We loved the area. We moved back to WNY after Desert Storm. 

The ride to and from Newburgh had its moments after a long shift working on the C-5 😉

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Coronavirus taught me (and everyone I know) that Warren, Washington and Saratoga Counties are the "Capital District."  That is purely asinine.  For my entire life, those three counties have been the North Country.

I’m not 100% sold on that map, particularly that Mohawk Valley section that sticks into the ADK.  But it’s better than just labeling everything north of the Tappen Zee as Upstate. 

Just now, Just Jack said:

I’m not 100% sold on that map, particularly that Mohawk Valley section that sticks into the ADK.  But it’s better than just labeling everything north of the Tappen Zee as Upstate. 

LOL, yeah.  The north of Tappan Zee logic is far from logical.

18 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Hmmph, I would have thought it was Bronxan. 

I think everyone in the city considers upstate everything north of region 8 Hudson Valley

I don’t think I’ve ever used either, that was probably the first time, and I have no idea what region 8 is.