Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

Getting the naming rights to an older stadium doesn't have the value as the newer stadiums.  In Buffalo, most people will always call it Ralph Wilson or Rich stadium.  Miami's stadium is another good example.  Most people call it Joe Robbie.  In fact Miami's stadium has went through so many naming deals it is practically a joke.  

Brand new stadiums that start out with their sponser are easier to remember.  For example, Mercedes Benz in Atlanta.

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Getting the naming rights to an older stadium doesn't have the value as the newer stadiums.  In Buffalo, most people will always call it Ralph Wilson or Rich stadium.  Miami's stadium is another good example.  Most people call it Joe Robbie.  In fact Miami's stadium has went through so many naming deals it is practically a joke.  

Brand new stadiums that start out with their sponser are easier to remember.  For example, Mercedes Benz in Atlanta.

I had never realized how true this is, I still call it Joe Robbie, Denver Mile High, and called San Diego Jack Murphy until the end.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I had never realized how true this is, I still call it Joe Robbie, Denver Mile High, and called San Diego Jack Murphy until the end.

Ha!  Candlestick, Kingdome, The Murph, Sombrero...I think he's right.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

M&T Bank Stadium?

I dunno, probably something out of the blue nobody expected lol

M&T Stadium is already in Baltimore. Key Bank Stadium is rumored to be the new name.  They already have the naming rights for the Sabres arena Key Bank Center. I wonder if they found a new sponsor for Key Bank Center at a relatively cheap price and Key Bank wanted to be associated with the Bills and were willing to pay a much higher price. Makes sense.  The Bills stadium is probably going to be on national TV a ton over the next decade.

Edited by BITE ME

2 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

M&T Stadium is already in Baltimore. Key Bank Stadium is rumored to be the new name.  They already have the naming rights for the Sabres arena Key Bank Center. I wonder if they found a new sponsor for Key Bank Center at a relatively cheap price and Key Bank wanted to be associated with the Bills and were willing to pay a much higher price. Makes sense.  The Bills stadium is probably going to be on national TV a ton over the next decade.

Lol didn't even know that. But hey, at least I was close going with a bank 😁

Then again, aren't there several sponsors that have naming rights to stadiums for multiple venues? Probably not ones in the same sport if I had to guess, but off the top of my head I remember a couple American Airlines stadiums.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Mercedes has naming rights to the Falcons and Saints stadiums.  That's not an impediment to them also putting their name on the Bills stadium.  But Key Bank makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Mercedes has naming rights to the Falcons and Saints stadiums.  That's not an impediment to them also putting their name on the Bills stadium.  But Key Bank makes sense.

The Super Dome gets a new name this year. It won't be Mercedes.  Believe the NFL allowed it because Mercedes wanted to be on the new stadium in Atlanta and agreed to let the New Orleans naming rights contract expire.  The Super Dome is currently looking for a new sponsor.

• Like (+1) 1