Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Pepsi Co is based out of upstate NY and has twice the revenue of the Coca Cola company. They own 26 separate billion dollar per year brands, including Quaker. Which, given OP's history, would also be cool. Quaker Field? A heard of Bison's rumble by on the Jumbotron... Welcome to The Quake. 

I was just talking about the colas.

• Like (+1) 1

PepsiCo Stadium? Pepsi ended their stadium naming rights for the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche recently so they currently don’t have any large naming rights. As pointed out their colors also match the Bill’s colors.

Good for the franchise if this were true.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Pepsi Co is based out of upstate NY and has twice the revenue of the Coca Cola company. They own 26 separate billion dollar per year brands, including Quaker. Which, given OP's history, would also be cool. Quaker Field? A heard of Bison's rumble by on the Jumbotron... Welcome to The Quake. 

Maybe Pepsi is the bidder but Harrison isn't upstate NY........it's closer to the Bronx than Orchard Park is to Buffalo.......and 380 miles from Buffalo..........BALTIMORE is closer to Buffalo.:lol:

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Maybe Pepsi is the bidder but Harrison isn't upstate NY........it's closer to the Bronx than Orchard Park is to Buffalo.......and 380 miles from Buffalo..........BALTIMORE is closer to Buffalo.:lol:

Westchester is absolutely upstate NY. And while no one from Buffalo considers Buffalo to be "upstate NY" (it's WNY) and actually refers to upstate NY as "downstate," pretty much everyone else in the world considers any part of NY outside of the city that is not on Long Island to be "upstate."

My point isn't distance, but rather regional identification. Westchester Co is certainly upstate NY, and most of the world thinks Buffalo is in upstate NY, (except people from Buffalo). 

Edited by Motorin'

Motorin, you must be from downstate,  because not “everyone” identifies upstate and downstate.  That is unique to people who live in Westchester, Rockland, and the islands.  I went to school with 65% of people from that area, ad married a girl from Lindenhurst.

I've lived in FL for half of my life, and no one even knows except New Yorkers what upstate and downstate.  I always consider3d my friends from Westchester and Rockland as downstaters as the accent, personality type, and commonalities from that regional area.  Western NYers have much more in common with Rottenchester, Syracuse, and Allegheny.  They even have more commonalities with people from Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Homestly, it doesn’t matter to me as this was a silly semantic argument with all of my fraternity brothers back in college.  If you’re point is Pepsi is closer to the NY metro area, no argument from me.  Then again a lot of companies aren’t necessarily from the geographic area of the respective stadium.

Any if these major conglomerates can easily afford it, and if they have consultants that know football, they would know the Bills are going to be a hot ticket for awhile, and will draw more primetime games, thus making it more attractive of a stadium to pay the fee.

The sad thing for these companies as it seems more about bravado, then an ROI.  I’ve read now several articles these companies don’t see a return, so a few have pulled back on their investments.

Hey as long as it’s not the tushy bowl, I don’t really care.  If it lines the Pegulas pockets, it offsets some of these other losses in a difficult year for everyone.  Here’s to 2021 being a much brighter year for all of us.

6 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Westchester is absolutely upstate NY. And while no one from Buffalo considers Buffalo to be "upstate NY" (it's WNY) and actually refers to upstate NY as "downstate," pretty much everyone else in the world considers any part of NY outside of the city that is not on Long Island to be "upstate."

My point isn't distance, but rather regional identification. Westchester Co is certainly upstate NY, and most of the world thinks Buffalo is in upstate NY, (except people from Buffalo). 

Harrison is part of metropolitan NYC.   It's regional to Buffalo in the same very broad sense that the equidistant Manhattan is regional to Buffalo but that isn't how you were trying to spin it as a reason.    

I hope Pepsi is the sponsor though.    And yeah I see signs all over in store windows with Pepsi using the "Billieve" slogan.       

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I've always thought upstate was the Albany/Schenectady/Poughkeepsie area

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I've always thought upstate was the Albany/Schenectady/Poughkeepsie area

Westchester is absolutely not upstate NY.  It is downstate.  Very downstate.

Upstate NY technically refers to the region surrounding NYC where many people fleeing the hustle and bustle relocated to while still maintaining their jobs in the city. Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, possibly as far up as Orange are considered "Upstate". Beyond that you have other regions - Captial Region, Catskills, Adirondacks, Southern Tier, Western NY etc etc. 

• Agree 2

I love the fact that we are disputing what is considered upstate and downstate. I live in Florida and when I tell people I am from NY originally I make sure they know I do not mean anywhere near the city. In my mind Westchester is down state but does it really matter?

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I love the fact that we are disputing what is considered upstate and downstate. I live in Florida and when I tell people I am from NY originally I make sure they know I do not mean anywhere near the city. In my mind Westchester is down state but does it really matter?

As a native WNYer, I have always hated the term "upstate NY" as it is a term coined by New York City people, and no one else in the state.

And their idea of what that means is ANY part of NY state that is not in the immediate NYC metropolitan area.

I have never known anyone from WNY who says he/she is from "upstate NY".

New York City people consider places like Chester, Woodbury, West Point, and other spots way down in the SE corner of NYS to be "upstate".

Screw "Upstate NY" and screw "Bills Mafia"--another term coined by people having nothing to do with WNY!

• Awesome! (+1) 1