Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

Got to imagine the name will at least leak today or tomorrow before the game for max publicity

Kind of off topic - the bills and Tim Horton's usually have a special where you get a free coffee if the bills score 2 touchdowns - the savings from not having fans this season for Tim hortons alone might have been enough to purchase naming rights

16 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Got to imagine the name will at least leak today or tomorrow before the game for max publicity

Kind of off topic - the bills and Tim Horton's usually have a special where you get a free coffee if the bills score 2 touchdowns - the savings from not having fans this season for Tim hortons alone might have been enough to purchase naming rights

"The Donut."

• Like (+1) 1

One of you gurus tell me, when I checked months ago, I thought the NFL was not allowing beer or tobacco companies couldn’t do naming rights.  I’m probably wrong. I know they loosened restrictions, but didn’t think they went that far.  I know other sports don’t seem to care.

if so, they were talking this morning on wgr on Labatts as a player.  I’m fine with it but more of a question if anyone really has a definitive answer.  Not that anyone is asking me, but would love a BLUE Stadium.

9 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Getting the naming rights to an older stadium doesn't have the value as the newer stadiums.  In Buffalo, most people will always call it Ralph Wilson or Rich stadium.  Miami's stadium is another good example.  Most people call it Joe Robbie.  In fact Miami's stadium has went through so many naming deals it is practically a joke.  

Brand new stadiums that start out with their sponser are easier to remember.  For example, Mercedes Benz in Atlanta.

I think it has more to do with the broadcast. It says the name of the stadium all over and the announcers a always mention "New Era Field" or whatever several times. And if youre getting national games like the Bills likely will it becomes worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

One of you gurus tell me, when I checked months ago, I thought the NFL was not allowing beer or tobacco companies couldn’t do naming rights.  I’m probably wrong. I know they loosened restrictions, but didn’t think they went that far.  I know other sports don’t seem to care.

if so, they were talking this morning on wgr on Labatts as a player.  I’m fine with it but more of a question if anyone really has a definitive answer.  Not that anyone is asking me, but would love a BLUE Stadium.

Labatt already said yesterday it’s not them. 

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Just curious, for what reason would they do this? 

I was joking about it, but as for a reason, I think it doesn't really matter who the naming rights go to as long as the bills are getting paid. But thinking about it further maybe they want to honor him and maybe Ralph Wilson's estate is happy that the bills are winning But again when I originally said it I was joking.

Edited by WizdomCalling
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WizdomCalling said:

I was joking about it, but as for a reason, i think it doesn't really matter eho the naming rights go to as long as the bills are getting paid. But thinking about it further maybe they want to honor him and maybe Ralph Wilson's estate is happy that the bills are winning But again what I originally said it it was just a joke.

I get it.  At the same time naming a stadium is all about advertising which doesn't make sense for them to do.  The family seemed to want out as soon as Ralph passed.

• Like (+1) 1