Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Technically, but it’s all from the same pool of money... all budgets within Highmak come from that pool. By the way, who owns Highmark BCBS, does anyone know? They are a PA based corporation per a quick google search.

Highmark is a Pittsburgh based health insurer, they also have offices in WV, Central PA (Camp Hill near Harrisburg), DE, and NY.  They also acquired a large health system in 2013, Allegheny Health Network.  So a large integrated delivery system that competes with National Payers, but in the Pitt region its Highmark/AHN vs UPMC (another large integrated system, who is more known for their excellent hospitals/doctors).

Could definitely do worse.  Great marketing for Highmark, who would be competing with Independent Health and Excellus in the WNY market.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Logic said:

As soulless corporate stadium names go, Highmark is actually WAY better than many.

It’s really not bad at all.

People will always find ways to complain about pretty much anything, I guess.

Highmark is better than Lowmark, which could be a new name for where the Sabres play.

• Haha (+1) 3

19 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Someone paid millions of dollars to put their name on a stadium that most will continue to refer to as "the Ralph." Ok.

It’s is and always will be Rich Stadium 🏟 

I suspect It became the “Ralph” because the team was so mismanaged, and it’s image was so poorly thought of that no corporate sponsors could be convinced to associate their name with the Bills in those days , so the yes men talked Ralph into put his name on the stadium for lack of a better option. Sad, yet very likely true...

I never adopted "the Ralph", was and always will be Rich Stadium to me.   I'm not that inflexible though.  When HSBC put their name on the Aud, I called it Hot Sauce, Blue Cheese.

• Like (+1) 1