Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

34 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Amazin how a not for profit entity like BCBS can end up,with naming rights ???

A nonprofit entity doesn’t mean they have no money or don’t make money. It just means they don’t have a profit to declare at the end of the fiscal year. Many nonprofits get to this point by paying out hefty bonuses or dumping any earnings into the growing the company. Nevertheless, nonprofits usually have money for advertising purposes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

The #billsmafia on twitter is not happy. 

They are more unhappy with the selection of BCBS as a sponsor because insurance is so freaking expensive.  Only in 2021, is an insurance company a controversial choice (among fans) to name a stadium after.  

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Wow.  What a crappy name

Ha. What’s crappier? Highmark, who are actively investing in a new area and like to market themselves a little bit. Or NEW ERA, who, between shutting down the Derby plant and canning a ton of people from the Delaware headquarters in the last couple of years (with no plans to bring most of them back) deserve to be kicked out of town.

the irony of the profile name is awesome.

4 hours ago, Boxcar said:

At least prez tried

no he didn’t. It was a marketing stunt, like everything Portnoy does.

Edited by JoPoy88

19 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

tommy wiseau mark GIF by The Room

Even though I am a Mark, I truly wanted “Circle the Wagons Stadium” or “Time to Pay The Bills Stadium”... Let’s hope they live up to the new name and set a high mark for achievement anyway... 

3 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

A nonprofit entity doesn’t mean they have no money or don’t make money. It just means they don’t have a profit to declare at the end of the fiscal year. Many nonprofits get to this point by paying out hefty bonuses or dumping any earnings into the growing the company. Nevertheless, nonprofits usually have money for advertising purposes. 

Doug, you’re correct except one exception so many people make.  The designation nonprofit, and not for profit are different.  Much more strict guidelines on nonprofit.  I’m sure many appreciate you’re explanation as I was going to write the same.

As far as the name, people will just naturally shorten it over time to Blue Cross Stadium, Blue Shield Stadium, or something.

A little bummed we’re not the TOILET BOWL, flushing other teams down the drain.  🤪👹

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Ha. What’s crappier? Highmark, who are actively investing in a new area and like to market themselves a little bit. Or NEW ERA, who, between shutting down the Derby plant and canning a ton of people from the Delaware headquarters in the last couple of years (with no plans to bring most of them back) deserve to be kicked out of town.

the irony of the profile name is awesome.

no he didn’t. It was a marketing stunt, like everything Portnoy does.

when it comes to silly things like stadium name sponsorships, I could care less about the co investing in the naming rights.  The almighty dollar bill got them the name.  I don’t get emotionally tied to the company that paid dollar bills.  I just don’t want the name to sound stupid.....like ours does now.

My username has nothing to do with the hat co.