Bills Stadium naming rights, a deal is close **IT'S OFFICIAL: Highmark Blue cross Blushield Stadium

Process

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Something has to be done with/about the stadium at some point in the relatively near future, so I think the timing is based on that. 

What makes me mad is you get these articles that mention how the naming rights are just about to decided and we never get any follow up. While I understand there might be legalities with leaking information. It would be nice to at least have an article mentioning a handful of companies in the running. Just to keep us informed. I hate it, journalism is dead anymore. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well. I've said a long time ago that the Pegulas should build a a mega stadium that is the home of the Bills and the Sabres. In 10 years the Sabres facility is considered ancient. A new stadium will take 3 years to complete. 

It makes sense for the Pegulas to consider it. 

I also believe a naming rights deal will also come with news of a new stadium. 

Do any other football teams share their stadium with Hockey teams?  Serious question because I have no clue.   But the overlap of the season (up to four months) and the amount of games the Sabres would play a week seems like it would be a nightmare to have them share a place.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do any other football teams share their stadium with Hockey teams?  Serious question because I have no clue.   But the overlap of the season (up to four months) and the amount of games the Sabres would play a week seems like it would be a nightmare to have them share a place.

Yeah, that's crazy talk. Infeasible. The sitelines would be terrible too for hockey. No other teams do this either. 

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't believe it would be an issue. What would be the difference with a City like Pittsburgh or Detroit that has Hockey and Football stadiums downtown?

5 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah, that's crazy talk. Infeasible. The sitelines would be terrible too for hockey. No other teams do this either. 

You would have separate arenas combined. 

A 60,000 seat football stadium and a 18,000 seat hockey arena. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't believe it would be an issue. What would be the difference with a City like Pittsburgh or Detroit that has Hockey and Football stadiums downtown?

He means actually use the same stadium- I think- but the concept would not work at all.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He means actually use the same stadium- I think- but the concept would not work at all.

I don't mean share a playing surface. I mean share a location. Build both stadiums in the same location. 1 large Buffalo sports complex. 

Well its just my dream. But it makes sense to me. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't mean share a playing surface. I mean share a location. Build both stadiums in the same location. 1 large Buffalo sports complex. 

Yeah this is an idea that could work. I'm not saying it should, but it's not as far-fetched as some are thinking. In fact it's been done, albeit on a smaller scale that would be needed, in Ottawa. I don't even know what it's called now but it used to be the Civic Center. And basically the grandstand on the one side of the football field serves as the roof of the hockey arena. Or something like that. I was there once about 35 years ago but the memory does fade.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You mean like when the Devils used to play at the Brendan Byrne which was in the Meadowlands Complex with the Jets and Giants. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Something has to be done with/about the stadium at some point in the relatively near future, so I think the timing is based on that. 

It's been a while since anything has been said about a Bills stadium refurb/replacement and a KBC refurb.  I believe both studies were done at the same time, and I think they were completed last year at some point, but like I said...all has been very quiet on this front...almost too quiet.

1 minute ago, BTB said:

Not sure, but whomever it is, "the deal is close".

Which is fine, but I don’t understand why we can’t get approximated information about it. Why can’t they narrow it down to a list of companies that we are potentially choosing from. Surely that would circumvent the legalities of the situation. 

1 minute ago, BTB said:

It's been a while since anything has been said about a Bills stadium refurb/replacement and a KBC refurb.  I believe both studies were done at the same time, and I think they were completed last year at some point, but like I said...all has been very quiet on this front...almost too quiet.

The team is trending up, its the perfect time to introduce a stadium plan

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Make the ice surface mobile so it can be moved to the football stadium so they can get 80K for Leafs games.   Gotta' tap that maple syrup.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Philly is basically the same way... Wells Fargo Center, the Linc, and Citizens Bank Park are all on the same block