Some executives view Allen as preferable to Mahomes long term

Big Turk

I think Allen is able to put the team on his back a little more than Mahomes. Maybe that's because Mahomes has never really needed to do that because he has had a ton of talent around him. Allen came into the league with basically no talent around him and had to fight to win games.

That being said, Mahomes' ability to get out of tight spots and make ridiculous throws is pretty incredible.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love Josh Allen.  I love Tre' day.  But sorry, this is not at this point sure. 

Mahomes has proven he is clutch and can win and make great throws under pressure and win big games in the playoffs and championship.  He has been a great player for 3 years now.

Allen has improved by leaps and bounds, but he does still need to show he can come up clutch, win big games, and be consistent year after year.

Just a bit premature.

It 100 percent is.

The media is mostly made up of sheep who follow narrative scripts. A semi-permanent one is that Mahomes is a deity who can do no wrong. much like Brady these past 17 years. No criticism, implied or overt, of the Holy One is allowed. How many times have we heard a commentator say, "Of course, Mahomes is still the best, but..." It's like they feel they need to genuflect at the alter before continuing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They feel Allen is in the same class now, has more room to grow and is bigger and stronger which will allow him to take more hits and be less likely to get injured...

Stunning...could anyone have imagined this happening before the season started??

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/some-in-league-circles-would-take-allen-over-mahomes?dfpvars[app]=true&app=true

Would these be the same anonymous executives who thought Allen was highly questionable as a 1st round prospect, or different anonymous executives?

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Process said:

You can't say for sure when Allen hasn't even won a playoff game...

I can't tell if you are making fun of the hasn't won a playoff game narrative or not. If you are then well played if not then go read Dion Dawkins letter to the mafia part II.

"It was like: Okay, I can jump over hella guys. Check. I can run through hella guys. Check. I can stiff-arm dudes and they’ll just fall on their asses. Check. I can throw the ball from basically any arm angle, at any body angle, to any spot on the field. Wow, really?? Okay. Check. I can get us out of trouble with my legs, whenever that’s needed, just let me know. Damn. Cool. Okay. Check.

It was like all these skill-sets he was checking off, and then filing away. And it was a scary sight. But at the same time — it was still just this collection of skills, you know what I’m saying?? Like, I don’t think Josh had figured out yet how to leverage those skills into an actual identity as a football player. 

And then this season, I mean….. that’s what you’re seeing: You’re seeing it all snap into place. You’re seeing Josh enter the Matrix and suddenly he’s dodging them bullets."

Josh is starting to do it all, mentally and physically. We have a superstar and the world is starting to catch on.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love Josh Allen.  I love Tre' day.  But sorry, this is not at this point sure. 

Mahomes has proven he is clutch and can win and make great throws under pressure and win big games in the playoffs and championship.  He has been a great player for 3 years now.

Allen has improved by leaps and bounds, but he does still need to show he can come up clutch, win big games, and be consistent year after year.

Just a bit premature.

Agreed.  I want to believe what I see now is the  baseline, and what happens this week and next is the next level.  With Rodgers and Mahomes being on a bye this week, it seems like it has been Josh Allen 24-7 in media coverage.  The convo will definitely be interesting when the new seedings are out next week.  The only two games I care about this weekend are Buffalo vs Indy and Cleveland vs Pittsburgh.  I want the Jackson Mahomes matchup.  Because I believe Mahomes will cancel out Jackson.  I want to get to a belief structure that Allen will cancel out Jackson.  I'm not there yet.  Mahomes has earned that respect, Allen can earn it too with big wins over Jackson or Mahomes.

Edited by wjag

What really surprises me the most about this whole thing is that Rodgers is 37.  That's only 2 years less than Brees but seems like he was around much less.  Guess it was due to those year sitting behind Fauve. 

In 2035 I may post the same thing about Love who prediction:  also doesn't play first three seasons before finally getting a chance

Performance in the playoffs/Superbowl is how the NFL greats are going to be remembered.

I love all the positive energy surrounding Bills QB, Josh Allen.

Lets take care of the business 1st before we start comparing him with anyone...

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Success said:

Serious question:  if you could...would you trade Allen for Mahomes?

Not picking on you or this question specifically, it's just that I never get these impossible to make it happen "What if" questions.

I wouldn't simply not from Day 1 because Josh was our guy. And now, even less so!

Edit: and unless Josh gets 500M too, then even less so, again. Not out of envy ha ha, but because of the salary cap!

Edited by Jerome007

Setting aside my personal feelings as a Bills fan....

Patrick Mahomes has been playing at this level for 3 full seasons now.  He has one MVP under his belt, and will get serious consideration this year.  He has also proven himself in the playoffs, leading the Chiefs to a Super Bowl in only his second season.

Josh Allen has been playing at an elite level for 1 season, and has never won a playoff game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'd say Allen has absolutely been in the same class as Rogers and Mahomes this year.  I don't need playoff wins to know right now that Allen is a special talent. They will come, but it doesn't diminish the level he has played at, or my belief that he is going to be one of the top QBs in the NFL for quite awhile.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Serious question:  if you could...would you trade Allen for Mahomes?

I wouldn't.  Not like it isn't close - but I think Allen will have a better career, and be better overall.

I think Allen is better suited for the long haul than Mahomes. Josh Allen is becoming one of the best QBs with presnap reads which i think will prolong his career. Thats why Brady and Manning played at such a high level at such a high age. Eventually Allens/Mahomes athleticism and arm talent will decrease. And the most underrated part of Josh Allens game is his knowledge and ability to read a defense and switch to the correct play and proper blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1