Some executives view Allen as preferable to Mahomes long term

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love Josh Allen.  I love Tre' day.  But sorry, this is not at this point sure. 

Mahomes has proven he is clutch and can win and make great throws under pressure and win big games in the playoffs and championship.  He has been a great player for 3 years now.

Allen has improved by leaps and bounds, but he does still need to show he can come up clutch, win big games, and be consistent year after year.

Just a bit premature.

Allen has been demonstrating a clutch gene since his rookie year. Your other two points are more than fair. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I hope Allen doesn’t end up in annoying State Farm commercials. 
Hope he gets better endorsement deals than Mahomes. Head and shoulders is kinda annoying 

You know they are coming, and if he wins the SB, he will knock Ratface off the air.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Allen has been demonstrating a clutch gene since his rookie year. Your other two points are more than fair. 

Agreed nobody can say Allen hasn't been clutch since the first year. the only thing left for Allen to prove starts on Saturday. the last 5 weeks he is playing as good / better then anyone

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Success said:

Serious question:  if you could...would you trade Allen for Mahomes?

I wouldn't.  Not like it isn't close - but I think Allen will have a better career, and be better overall.

I wouldn't trade Allen for Mahomes no. He's a better fit all in all. 

.. but I also don't think he's better or will be better than Mahomes. But I think Mahomes is so good that being behind him can still make an elite QB. 

If Allen is the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best QB in the league then I'm happy. I think that would be good enough. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I think Allen is able to put the team on his back a little more than Mahomes. Maybe that's because Mahomes has never really needed to do that because he has had a ton of talent around him. Allen came into the league with basically no talent around him and had to fight to win games.

That being said, Mahomes' ability to get out of tight spots and make ridiculous throws is pretty incredible.

Mahomes dragged his teams to victories last year in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

One thing is true, teams are going to be lining up to make a trade with the Bills and the Bills should oblige them.  Consider just how win/win our trading has been:

* First the famous Mahomes trade.  KC sure liked it and it got us Tre White and cleared the way for Josh Allen.

* Then the Diggs trade with the Vikings.  We got the NFL leader in receptions & yards and they got a stud rookie WR in Jefferson.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Mahomes dragged his teams to victories last year in the playoffs.

With the help of his all pro teammates and one of the greatest offensive coaches ever, but ya know...

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

With the help of his all pro teammates and one of the greatest offensive coaches ever, but ya know...

Oh so they can’t have a bad half and Mahomes can’t lead a come back because the team is so good? 

Strange take. Allen can’t put the team on his back anymore because Diggs/Beasley/Brown and the OL are too good.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh so they can’t have a bad half and Mahomes can’t lead a come back because the team is so good? 

Strange take. Allen can’t put the team on his back anymore because Diggs/Beasley/Brown and the OL are too good.

Mahomes and Allen don't need to put their teams on their back. In fact, if anyone put the team on their back this year at times, it was Stefon Diggs.

But whatever. You are always arguing with people for no reason. I don't accept your opinion and you don't have to accept mine.

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

Mahomes and Allen don't need to put their teams on their back. In fact, if anyone put the team on their back this year at times, it was Stefon Diggs.

But whatever. You are always arguing with people for no reason. I don't accept your opinion and you don't have to accept mine.

The Diggs trade has made a massive difference to the offense. Slam dunk home run trade

1 hour ago, MJS said:

"I think Allen is able to put the team on his back a little more than Mahomes."

"Mahomes and Allen don't need to put their teams on their back."

Hm.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They feel Allen is in the same class now, has more room to grow and is bigger and stronger which will allow him to take more hits and be less likely to get injured...

Stunning...could anyone have imagined this happening before the season started??

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/some-in-league-circles-would-take-allen-over-mahomes?dfpvars[app]=true&app=true

I'd love to check back in with the people who gave McDermott flack for trading away the Mahomes pick. Now it's Mahomes vs Allen AND Tre White. Who made out better?

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love Josh Allen.  I love Tre' day.  But sorry, this is not at this point sure. 

Mahomes has proven he is clutch and can win and make great throws under pressure and win big games in the playoffs and championship.  He has been a great player for 3 years now.

Allen has improved by leaps and bounds, but he does still need to show he can come up clutch, win big games, and be consistent year after year.

Just a bit premature.

It’s fair to want to see consistency and a larger sample size.  If Josh can do this, then the Bills are going to be a good team for years to come!