Some executives view Allen as preferable to Mahomes long term

Big Turk

They feel Allen is in the same class now, has more room to grow and is bigger and stronger which will allow him to take more hits and be less likely to get injured...

Stunning...could anyone have imagined this happening before the season started??

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/some-in-league-circles-would-take-allen-over-mahomes?dfpvars[app]=true&app=true

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s definitely THAT good.  Now all he has to do is win a SB.  It’s the only thing that matters. 

Watching these two QB’s vie for Super Bowl titles over the next decade is going to be a fun ride!!

• Like (+1) 10

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s definitely THAT good.  Now all he has to do is win a SB.  It’s the only thing that matters. 

It’s really this ^^^^ simple and this hard. About all you can add is longevity to the above. Allen is a generational talent for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Someone already said it, but having Allen and White is definitely better than having Mahomes. 

Look at it this way, even if you say Allen is a top 5 NFL QB, and not the best, you have a top 5 QB AND a top 2-3 CB vs a top 1-2 QB without the CB.

There isn't enough dropoff (if there is any) between the 2 QBs but the Bills got one of the top DBs in the league as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Serious question:  if you could...would you trade Allen for Mahomes?

I wouldn't.  Not like it isn't close - but I think Allen will have a better career, and be better overall.

No.

Allen is simply a perfect fit for WNY and Bills Mafia.

After Bills fans donating to Oshei Hospital and J Allen's acknowledgement of it, I ding Allen borderline untradable from the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

If the Bills win the superbowl I would imagine that close to half of the NFL's executives would feel the same way.  

What Josh has been doing over the past month is some of the best QB play that I have ever seen from a Bill QB.  This uber confidence from the fans is not just because of the 13-3 record, let's call a spade a spade.  It's because of Josh Allen.  What he has done is nothing short of phenomenal and he gives this organization and fans tremendous confidence not only for this post season but for the next 10-20 years.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Serious question:  if you could...would you trade Allen for Mahomes?

I wouldn't.  Not like it isn't close - but I think Allen will have a better career, and be better overall.

I'll get back to you in 12 years or so with an answer...na, I'll answer now...HELL NO!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Allen is bigger, more athletic, and now just as accurate as Mahomes. 

I haven't seen Mahomes do anything that Allen can't. 

The big difference right now is consistency. Though Josh has been extremely consistent and impressive the second half of this season. Mahomes obviously has also proven he can show up big in the playoffs, which Allen still needs to do. 

Mahomes likely will never have a better supporting cast then he has right now, he has a completely stacked offense around him. Meanwhile the Bills have absolutely nothing at TE or RB, and I think Beane knows that and is going to make big moves this off-season to address it. So Josh will only get better, which is hard to believe watching him recently. 

I wouldn't trade him for Mahomes, that's for sure. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Process said:

Allen is bigger, more athletic, and now just as accurate as Mahomes. 

I haven't seen Mahomes do anything that Allen can't. 

The big difference right now is consistency. Though Josh has been extremely consistent and impressive the second half of this season. 

Mahomes likely will never have a better supporting the he has right now, he has a completely stacked offense around him. Meanwhile the Bills have nothing at TE or RB right now, and I think Beane knows that and is going to make big moves this off-season to address it. So Josh will only get better, which is hard to believe watching him recently. 

I wouldn't trade him for Mahomes, that's for sure. 

Mahomes is flashy... proven he can take over a playoff and SB game.  I would not trade Allen either. All that being said this is a prove it or move it League. I want to see Allen Destroy a playoff game and take us to a SB and WIN.

Earlier this season this would be a stupid ask.. now.. idk... I think we are scary good and can pull it off this year.

It's Mahomes' improvisation and quick thinking ability that set him apart in my opinion. It is getting harder to say he has better accuracy than JA, but at the moment I would give him a slight edge there because he has been doing it longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Someone already said it, but having Allen and White is definitely better than having Mahomes. 

Look at it this way, even if you say Allen is a top 5 NFL QB, and not the best, you have a top 5 QB AND a top 2-3 CB vs a top 1-2 QB without the CB.

There isn't enough dropoff (if there is any) between the 2 QBs but the Bills got one of the top DBs in the league as well. 

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I just want to see a few more playoff games with both.  Mahomes has a SB, 5 playoff starts, 4-1 in the playoff games (close enough to 2 SBs possibly and maybe 6-0 if not for a phantom off sides penalty), 13 tds an 2 ints, and he is likely to add to that this year.  Allen so far is 0-1 with no passing TDS.   Once again, maybe the regular season shows Allen has caught up to Mahomes...but I have trouble declaring it myself until I see some of it in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

One thing is for sure....

Allen and White>>>>>Mahomes

I love Josh Allen.  I love Tre' day.  But sorry, this is not at this point sure. 

Mahomes has proven he is clutch and can win and make great throws under pressure and win big games in the playoffs and championship.  He has been a great player for 3 years now.

Allen has improved by leaps and bounds, but he does still need to show he can come up clutch, win big games, and be consistent year after year.

Just a bit premature.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They feel Allen is in the same class now, has more room to grow and is bigger and stronger which will allow him to take more hits and be less likely to get injured...

Stunning...could anyone have imagined this happening before the season started??

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/some-in-league-circles-would-take-allen-over-mahomes?dfpvars[app]=true&app=true

So we did pick the right QB. We could’ve had both and traded one for six 1st rd picks.