Will Deshaun Watson get traded? Could he land in AFCE?

Alphadawg7

Will Watson get traded?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Odds Watson is traded this season

• 100%
    • 50%
    • 20%
    • 0%
  2. 2. If he does get traded where will he go?

• Jets
    • Jags
    • Miami
    • Other

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

If you are a new GM and you trade away a young, franchise QB like Watson and it doesn't work out immediately your tenure is going to be short and very miserable.

Yeah, I have a really hard time envisioning Caserio's first move of his career being to trade his team's biggest star, who is also very young, to essentially get their own pick back. The optics of it will pretty much ruin him before he even gets going.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I have a really hard time envisioning Caserio's first move of his career being to trade his team's biggest star, who is also very young, to essentially get their own pick back. The optics of it will pretty much ruin him before he even gets going.

it'd be like a trade almost as bad as the trade that Costner pulls off in Draft Day 

Edited by Bermuda Triangle
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It’ll be Bill O’Brien all over again 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No respect from Greeny for the Bills I guess 

It would be a tougher battle, but Greeny is going too far. His GetUp show is funny

I didn't read whole thread since I thought this was scifi - was it already explained how this would work from dead cap perspective?

I am still lazy to try to understand details but I've alwyas thought players with contract like Watson's are literally untradable. That is what they say about Wentz. So ho it is even possible to think about trading Watson? Wouldn't it leave like 100M dead cap to Texans?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Am I nuts to think Watson is vastly overrated?

Yes. He has been without question a top 5 Quarterback this year.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I didn't read whole thread since I thought this was scifi - was it already explained how this would work from dead cap perspective?

I am still lazy to try to understand details but I've alwyas thought players with contract like Watson's are literally untradable. That is what they say about Wentz. So ho it is even possible to think about trading Watson? Wouldn't it leave like 100M dead cap to Texans?

Nope. Only about $20m. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If the first move you make as a GM is trading a young franchise QB to a team in the same conference - the owner should fire him on the spot and hire the next guy because there is no way he succeeds if thats his thought process 

On top of that Tua????? Lol

Got any better ideas?  They have no cap room, no draft picks and a depleted roster. They won 4 games with Watson.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Am I nuts to think Watson is vastly overrated?

Yes

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

@FireChansSoooo your hot takes of saying I’m crazy for suggesting this could happen don’t seem to be aging well as more buzz builds on the potential of a Watson and Houston divorce. 🤣😂🤣

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926207-mort-deshaun-watson-would-consider-dolphins-trade-tua-tagovailoa-to-texans

They will trade Deshaun Watson after the Cowboy goes 10-6 with Andy lol.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

They will trade Deshaun Watson after the Cowboy goes 10-6 with Andy lol.

2020 Cowboys Record in games they started and finished:

With Dak Prescott 1-3 

With Andy Dalton 4-4

So there’s that too sport 😎