Will Deshaun Watson get traded? Could he land in AFCE?

Alphadawg7

Will Watson get traded?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Odds Watson is traded this season

• 100%
    • 50%
    • 20%
    • 0%
  2. 2. If he does get traded where will he go?

• Jets
    • Jags
    • Miami
    • Other

16 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Shaking my ***** head at the Texan's stupidity.  Throwing away a franchise QB?  Are you ***** serious? 

The good news is that it is one less likely pledge daboll will want to go if they keep this stuff up. 

17 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Shaking my ***** head at the Texan's stupidity.  Throwing away a franchise QB?  Are you ***** serious? 

I mean, I’m sure they don’t want to trade him, but you’re 100% right on the stupid part. A series of actions by the team leadership led to this.

• Like (+1) 1

Zero chance Daboll takes that job now.  

I think they're going to hire Marvin Lewis but we'll see.  

I think Daboll either goes to the Chargers or he stays. 

The Jets maybe but I think they hire Bienemy.

Jags: Meyer 

Lions: Salah

Falcons: Keep Morris 

Texans: Lewis 

Chargers: Arthur Smith 

Texans fans are cursing out their ownership right now. They have to value his input he is the franchise. The fact that they did not even request to interview the person Mahomes suggested and praised to DW is sick. Honesty means a lot in this league 

Shades of Whaley

He's under contract for 6 years and these relationships are usually fixable, so there's pretty much no way they trade him. We saw the same stuff with Rodgers going into the season the past 2 years when they hired LaFleur (and nobody knew who he was).

Houston has been after the same exec for GM for a few years now so nobody including Watson should be surprised. I think what they have in mind is hiring a head coach on the defensive side of the ball because that's where Houston's deficiency is.

18 minutes ago, 947 said:

A trade for Watson would likely cost 3 first round picks. Would anybody really pay that? He's not Bo Callahan...

someone would most certainly pay that for Watson.

1 hour ago, y2zipper said:

He's under contract for 6 years and these relationships are usually fixable, so there's pretty much no way they trade him. We saw the same stuff with Rodgers going into the season the past 2 years when they hired LaFleur (and nobody knew who he was).

Houston has been after the same exec for GM for a few years now so nobody including Watson should be surprised. I think what they have in mind is hiring a head coach on the defensive side of the ball because that's where Houston's deficiency is.

defense is definitely a problem but they have more than enough problems on the offensive side of the ball too. No running game to speak of. Watson was sacked 49(!) times this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

defense is definitely a problem but they have more than enough problems on the offensive side of the ball too. No running game to speak of. Watson was sacked 49(!) times this season. 

The only thing that isn't a problem is Deshaun Watson. There are 5 or 6 other good players on the team but there isn't a single unit I'd class as well functioning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like the OP so I’ll be kind.  Rumors are just rumors.  Most do not come to fruition.

There’s no way the Texans would allow any type of trade to one of the best QB’s in the NFL, regardless if he wanted it or not.  The ownership knows the allure of one of the best coaching prospects relies on having that QB in place.  This isn’t a safety like Jamal Adams (that was a dumb move as well by the Jets).  

I like the one poster and was spot on it’s possible to see a Stafford type trade.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I like the OP so I’ll be kind.  Rumors are just rumors.  Most do not come to fruition.

There’s no way the Texans would allow any type of trade to one of the best QB’s in the NFL, regardless if he wanted it or not.  The ownership knows the allure of one of the best coaching prospects relies on having that QB in place.  This isn’t a safety like Jamal Adams (that was a dumb move as well by the Jets).  

I like the one poster and was spot on it’s possible to see a Stafford type trade.

Uh, the OP states that Watson wants a trade, not that he’ll definitely get one. So you can “be kind” but the bases for these rumors that @Alphadawg7 cited are way better sourced than you jack.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

As an owner, why would you ever take input from your players (employees) on the GM selection process.    Thats just silly.   In the end , football is a business and owners select who they feel will serve their interests the best.    

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

As an owner, why would you ever take input from your players (employees) on the GM selection process.    Thats just silly.   In the end , football is a business and owners select who they feel will serve their interests the best.    

I just read similar article on NFL.com and came here to say almost exact same thing. Isn't it weird that player is unhappy that he wasn't part of the process of selecting GM? I get that Watson is an important player but why on earth should he have any word in GM hiring? Doesn't make any sense to me.

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I just read similar article on NFL.com and came here to say almost exact same thing. Isn't it weird that player is unhappy that he wasn't part of the process of selecting GM? I get that Watson is an important player but why on earth should he have any word in GM hiring? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Yea I agree. Giving your franchise QB input on a coaching hire I get. They have to be able to co-exist or else you have trouble. But the GM? How often does the franchise QB actually HAVE to deal with the GM? It is not like you are gonna let Watson review your draft board...... although given he is the only good thing about the organisation at the moment maybe they should! Haha. He couldn't do worse than Billy O.

19 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Yes odd, but they promised him and reneged.  Dumb to offer and then not follow through.  But as I said, interviewing Bienemy is what they need to do to start to mend fences.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, spartacus said:

Watson pissed about the GM and the coach

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/report-deshaun-watson-advocated-for-eric-bieniemy-as-head-coach/

And now we know why Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is telling teammates he may ask for a trade.

A flood of reports has emerged on Thursday night, as reported have chased the story teed up earlier today by our item raising the question of whether Watson wants out. It’s now clear that he does.

Albert Breer of SI.com supplies another reason for Watson’s consternation. Per Breer, Watson advocated for the Texans to hire Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy. The Texans, however, became the only team with a vacancy to not even interview Bieniemy.

Breer explains that Mahomes “put in a strong word” for Bieniemy, which prompted Watson to push for Bieniemy. The Texans, who had said they’d consult with Watson, ignored Watson’s suggestion. And that undoubtedly has contributed to the consternation and frustration that Watson is currently feeling.

Why would the Texans give KC more draft ammo when they are the #1 target in the AFC right now.  Sucks for Bieniemy but I understand.