Will Deshaun Watson get traded? Could he land in AFCE?

Alphadawg7

Will Watson get traded?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Odds Watson is traded this season

• 100%
    • 50%
    • 20%
    • 0%
  2. 2. If he does get traded where will he go?

• Jets
    • Jags
    • Miami
    • Other

Just now, FireChans said:

The Jets just won 2 games. They just fired their head coach. Their new GM kinda sucks. They have a bad OL and a super bare cupboard. 

Watson told the Texans he wants Fuller back. You think he wants to go play with those “weapons” (I use the term extremely loosely) in NY? 

Like come on.

Yea no way at all he accepts a trade to the Jets. I mean there is no way the Texans trade him. But there is double no chance he accepts a trade to the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

The Jets just won 2 games. They just fired their head coach. Their new GM kinda sucks. They have a bad OL and a super bare cupboard. 

Watson told the Texans he wants Fuller back. You think he wants to go play with those “weapons” (I use the term extremely loosely) in NY? 

Like come on. Coaches barely want to go to NY, let alone great QB’s trying to compete.

Watson demanding a trade doesnt mean Watson is demanding a trade to Jets LMAO.  You do realize Watson can demand a trade and not automatically mean he is going to Jets.  But Jets would be a definite team that could have the ammo to pull it off and likely have interest.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Watson demanding a trade doesnt mean Watson is demanding a trade to Jets LMAO.  You do realize Watson can demand a trade and not automatically mean he is going to Jets.  But Jets would be a definite team that could have the ammo to pull it off and likely have interest.  

Watson won’t want to be traded if the team is the Jets. They can’t pull it off because he won’t go.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, this isnt as crazy for the Texans as many here making it out to be.  Texans have nothing to rebuild with except Watson.  They dont have the draft picks thanks to OBrien, they dont have talent on their roster, thanks to O'Brien.  

I personally would do everything I could to keep Watson, however, its also not crazy.  If Houston can get BOTH Jets first round picks, including the #2 overall, and also get back Darnold who still has upside and could benefit from a change of scenery, well thats not a crazy plan.  They could still draft a QB at #2 as well if they want.  

And honestly, they may be able to get to also get next years first round pick the Jets own from Seattle too making it a 3 first round pick haul potentially if Jets really wanted to make it happen.  Dolphins can put a similar package together using the 4th overall pick and throwing in Tua as well.  

This isnt as crazy as some are making it out to be for the Texans.  

The Texans are missing 1 first rounder and 1 second rounder next year. They have all of their picks in 2022. 

How does a Bills fan of the past 20 years think it’s a good idea to trade a franchise QB and top 3 young QB for picks in order to build a team? Honestly.

Can’t post a link via my phone, but there’s a ton of buzz on twitter right now (started with a Rappaport tweet) that he’s pissed they didn’t consult him about GM hiring after they said they would.... 

This is the off-season narrative that 2021 deserves!! Put it in my veins!!

We all sat on the edge of our seats for Kirk F-ing Cousins! Imagine what this would do!

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Watson won’t want to be traded if the team is the Jets. They can’t pull it off because he won’t go.

The Texans are missing 1 first rounder and 1 second rounder next year. They have all of their picks in 2022. 

How does a Bills fan of the past 20 years think it’s a good idea to trade a franchise QB and top 3 young QB for picks in order to build a team? Honestly.

You dont read well do you dude.  You do this all the time.  I literally said I personally would not trade Watson.  Seriously, you need to learn freaking read posts before you respond, you are one of the worst offenders as you attack posters for saying things they didnt say all the time.  

We are discussing the scenarios if Watson was to demand a trade. Thats it.  Show me ONE time I said the Texans should trade him.  Verbatim said I would not trade him unless I had no choice.  All I have stated is that if this was to happen to the Texans this year, at least there are several teams that could afford his contract, need a QB, and send back a bounty of picks.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You dont read well do you dude.  You do this all the time.  I literally said I personally would not trade Watson.  Seriously, you need to learn freaking read posts before you respond, you are one of the worst offenders as you attack posters for saying things they didnt say all the time.  

We are discussing the scenarios if Watson was to demand a trade. Thats it.  Show me ONE time I said the Texans should trade him.  Verbatim said I would not trade him unless I had no choice.  All I have stated is that if this was to happen to the Texans this year, at least there are several teams that could afford his contract, need a QB, and send back a bounty of picks.  

The Texans won’t trade him. Because it would be silly to trade him. You saying it “isn’t crazy for the Texans,” is wrong. It is crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Texans won’t trade him. Because it would be silly to trade him. You saying it “isn’t crazy for the Texans,” is wrong. It is crazy.

Again you are twisting my words.  I am saying its not a crazy idea this could happen, and again, its also not crazy if Watson is going to force his way out for them to trade him for a bounty.  

You just like to argue and force arguments dude

Why are the Patriots not an option? Too painful?

Knowing Belichick he will get Watson for a 2nd round pick and get back a 4th rounder. 

Edit: another thought - Houston traded 2 1st round picks for a freaking tackle. By that rate Watson should go for what? 5 1st rounders?

Edited by What a Tuel

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again you are twisting my words.  I am saying its not a crazy idea this could happen, and again, its also not crazy if Watson is going to force his way out for them to trade him for a bounty.  

You just like to argue and force arguments dude

I’m not twisting your words. It is a crazy idea. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, this isnt as crazy for the Texans as many here making it out to be.  Texans have nothing to rebuild with except Watson.  They dont have the draft picks thanks to OBrien, they dont have talent on their roster, thanks to O'Brien.  

I personally would do everything I could to keep Watson, however, its also not crazy.  If Houston can get BOTH Jets first round picks, including the #2 overall, and also get back Darnold who still has upside and could benefit from a change of scenery, well thats not a crazy plan.  They could still draft a QB at #2 as well if they want.  

And honestly, they may be able to get to also get next years first round pick the Jets own from Seattle too making it a 3 first round pick haul potentially if Jets really wanted to make it happen.  Dolphins can put a similar package together using the 4th overall pick and throwing in Tua as well.  

This isnt as crazy as some are making it out to be for the Texans.  

Not crazy at all.  I also think the Phins would make sense, for the reasons you stated.  What I’m not sure of is the salary cap implications for Texans if they trade Watson.  Does trading him give them much relief?  If they can get back three 1s and get a bunch of cap relief, it’s risk worth taking, I think.  

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Can’t post a link via my phone, but there’s a ton of buzz on twitter right now (started with a Rappaport tweet) that he’s pissed they didn’t consult him about GM hiring after they said they would.... 

This is the off-season narrative that 2021 deserves!! Put it in my veins!!

We all sat on the edge of our seats for Kirk F-ing Cousins! Imagine what this would do!

Watson pissed about the GM and the coach

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/report-deshaun-watson-advocated-for-eric-bieniemy-as-head-coach/

And now we know why Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is telling teammates he may ask for a trade.

A flood of reports has emerged on Thursday night, as reported have chased the story teed up earlier today by our item raising the question of whether Watson wants out. It’s now clear that he does.

Albert Breer of SI.com supplies another reason for Watson’s consternation. Per Breer, Watson advocated for the Texans to hire Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy. The Texans, however, became the only team with a vacancy to not even interview Bieniemy.

Breer explains that Mahomes “put in a strong word” for Bieniemy, which prompted Watson to push for Bieniemy. The Texans, who had said they’d consult with Watson, ignored Watson’s suggestion. And that undoubtedly has contributed to the consternation and frustration that Watson is currently feeling.

If I had to take a guess as to where he could go I could see the patriots if he wanted out, though no way should the texans do it. 

Patriots will obviously upgrade the qb position, I could see Watson or even darnold to the patriots if the jets move on. 

Edited by london_bills

9 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It's insane to think the Texans would trade him. In what world do you trade your young, all-pro QB in his prime?

There's no price for that. All because he was slightly upset with the GM hire? Get out of here.

It’s stupid to say from my end, but if he’s fed up enough with Houston, he can sit out until Houston gives in and trades him. The last thing you want is an unhappy player playing for your team. Watson knows the garbage dump that is Houston and wants out. This is starting to remind me of Barry Sanders vs Detroit and wanting a trade to Miami

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It's insane to think the Texans would trade him. In what world do you trade your young, all-pro QB in his prime?

There's no price for that. All because he was slightly upset with the GM hire? Get out of here.

well if you look above it wasn’t just about the GM search, it was the coaching interviews as well.

Look do I think it’s a good idea to consult with players on front office/coaching hires? In most cases probably not. Watson’s case is a bit different because he’s a sure fire franchise QB with a big contract. In any case however, the team (allegedly) made assurances to him that he’d be consulted on these things, and then Cal and Easterby turn around and hire another Patriots flunky without even running it by Watson. He has a legit gripe. Ownership there is incompetent, and this Easterby fraud has poisoned the well even further. 

Don’t think the Texans are going to budge, but I hope Watson gets his way. Texans are a tire fire.