Darius Leonard holds a grudge against the Bills

8 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/6573537002.                The guy is a great football player, no doubt and is clearly better than Edmunds but hindsight is always 20/20. He could be a big factor in the game Saturday. He’s a playmaker. 

Edmunds is a full THREE years younger (less two months) than Leonard is.

Edmunds is already a Pro Bowler leading this defense.

I'm happy with what we got.

He's got more room to get much better.

10 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

That was retroactive when he became a Dolphin

(something I still try not to remember)

I was curious (and genuinely unaware) if he was disgruntled over not being taken in the first round. 😁
NFL team:  "Welcome to the organization!"

Draftee: "This is the second round!  You're all idiots!"

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Hell he's got nothing on our fan base when it comes to holding grudges. 

"You didn't draft me, I'm sad"

giphy.gif

Multiple awards! 🏆🍺👍🤣

42 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I was curious (and genuinely unaware) if he was disgruntled over not being taken in the first round. 😁
NFL team:  "Welcome to the organization!"

Draftee: "This is the second round!  You're all idiots!"

He was! But the beautiful thing about it was the Bills had no 1st round pick that year so he was their first pick. It was the perfect team. 

(I believe the #1 went to LA or Indy in the Bennett trade) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/6573537002.                The guy is a great football player, no doubt and is clearly better than Edmunds but hindsight is always 20/20. He could be a big factor in the game Saturday. He’s a playmaker. 

I don't think Leonard is "clearly better" than Edmunds. Edmunds is 22 years old and still growing into that large frame, while also showing some terrific promise as he incrementally improves. Folks were down on Edmunds earlier in the year but fail to fully account for his injury and how significant it was for his ability to play. Leonard is 25 years old and the Colts play a different type of Defense. Now, does Leonard put up more stats? No way to disagree, but does that make him "clearly better"? Not in my opinion.

If in 3 years Edmunds hasn't shown to play at or above Leonard's level of play within the Defense McD / Frazier run, then I'll concede the point. But right now, Edmunds looks like he's rounding into form and his age can't be ignored when comparing the two players. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, Jpsredemption said:

I think its dumb weak bulletin board material.. It makes zero sense im sure its not going to make him that much better this game... what will make him better is its a damn playoff game and everyone should be max hyped for that reason alone

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not even going to say that he is better then Edmunds.......I dont think that is true

Agreed, still a long way to go. I like what we have in Edmunds. This is something I hope Edmunds reads and goes out and puts on his own show.

The OP seems a tad over invested in this. Either a Leonard lover or Edmunds hater?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

On 1/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, BillsCuse said:

Pretty petty on his part to be honest.  A team liked another player over you - get over it.

I'm sure Josh feels the same way. But, he has the class to keep it to himself instead of airing out his petty grudge for all the world to see.

Let it fuel you Darius but not consume you.

To be fair Diggs has the same grudge towards all WRs drafted before him as well.

Edited by billsbackto81