Darius Leonard holds a grudge against the Bills

3 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/6573537002.                The guy is a great football player, no doubt and is clearly better than Edmunds but hindsight is always 20/20. He could be a big factor in the game Saturday. He’s a playmaker. 

Hahahaha LBers holding a grudge .. that is reserved for QBs when it comes to drafting.

This guy is just a copycat... He will have plenty of time to think about that grudge when the Bills send his ass home.

Edited by TBBills

24 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I mean, except one thing is verrrrry different. 

Leonard is a stud. Rosen is trash. 

There is that... 😁

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Wouldn’t say Edmunds is trash, but so far in his career he hasn’t proven to be an impact player, someone who must be accounted for. And I’m not sure he’ll ever develop those instincts and playmaking ability, but he is young.

I'll admit to being a big Edmunds doubter.

When I re-watch games, I just watch him on D and I swear to god it's the most frustrating thing. I KNOW that I don't understand the assignments. I've watched a few film sessions and had it explained to me that he was actually doing the right thing. But it seems he almost plays 1/2 hearted. No intensity, and usually only entering a play once it's already been made. As you said, No Impact.

That said, he was on GMFB and in that interview, he talked about his family training in the offseason.  What he described made it seem that football season is almost a break from his Mom's training routine.  They are a family of athletes that push each other HARD!

I've started to see him during games now, instead of having to look for him on the replay. It seems like he's on an upward trajectory and without a doubt, he will get better.  How much better is a legit question, but with a family structure with that much focus, I'm willing to wait a bit more and see.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Coming out of South Carolina State, it’s hard to say.... yeah he’s gonna be legit, especially if you have a freak of nature in Edmunds. Granted Leonard has played great. But Edmunds coming from a big 5 school, being young with ceiling who knows how high, size weight speed..... it’s hard to consider a guy from SC State being the guy....

2 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Thurman Thomas famously held such a 'grudge' against every team early in his career. He was chosen in the 2nd round.

Including the Bills? 🤔

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s welcome to sign here in FA if he wants to be in Buffalo and become the best version of himself. 

🎵 He only wants to be with you? 🎶

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Say When... said:

2 out of 3 monumental douchebags so maybe you’re proving the point vs an arguement?

BTW - not sure I’ve ever seen Josh specifically mention his draft position, who was taken before him vs just “i am doubted and I’m going to use it as motivation and prove them wrong”

It depends in what context we are talking, are we talking about whether they are likeable in or whether they are good players?

yeah they are both guys with massive egos brady and rogers but they've won consistently. I don't like them much but doing what they do has worked for them. Having a chip on their shoulder has made all of them better I would argue. 

I saw it somewhere where Allen said something like 6 teams rejected me and it drives me on.

No argument that Allen is a more likeable guy than the other two, he doesn't lose his temper with teammates on the sideline and doesnt think he is the best player on the team. He still has a moxy and swagg though

3 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/6573537002.                The guy is a great football player, no doubt and is clearly better than Edmunds but hindsight is always 20/20. He could be a big factor in the game Saturday. He’s a playmaker. 

That's pretty lame -- it's not as though we drafted a bust of a player in his place or he had any ties to Buffalo. The team liked Edmunds more and he ended up in a good situation in Indianapolis, be grateful.

30 minutes ago, london_bills said:

It depends in what context we are talking, are we talking about whether they are likeable in or whether they are good players?

yeah they are both guys with massive egos brady and rogers but they've won consistently. I don't like them much but doing what they do has worked for them. Having a chip on their shoulder has made all of them better I would argue. 

I saw it somewhere where Allen said something like 6 teams rejected me and it drives me on.

No argument that Allen is a more likeable guy than the other two, he doesn't lose his temper with teammates on the sideline and doesnt think he is the best player on the team. He still has a moxy and swagg though

Performance and behavior are two different things in my mind but if you’re coming from a “they are good so they can say whatever they want” then you’re right in your assessment.

I’m in the “act like you've been there before or let your product on the field speak for itself” camp; and certianly believe neither Brady nor Rogers need any further motivation beyond just trying to be the best so saying “y’all passed me up and I’m going to make you eat it” just tarnishes the medals for me.  You dont have to go out of your way to be likeable but just being a good and decent person is appreciated more, and genuine humility isn’t a weakness, especially if you have talent oozing from your pores and you REALLY are that good.

and if Josh did say about his draft position that then i put him in that same category, I’d back him on the doubters, Nick, Skip, etc. but teams draft individuals for reasons other than “you could be good”.

sportsmanship is in danger of becoming extinct, hopefully it regains form at some point; but then maybe we need villains like BB and Brady to balance the “nice guys”; it certianly entertains my time and maybe that’s the point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

I am not sure I understand his problem with The Bills.  Every team in the NFL passed on him at least once, including his current team.  Perhaps he just is not very bright.  

I think he needed something for the PR department, and this was the best they could think up.

• Haha (+1) 1