Darius Leonard holds a grudge against the Bills

58 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/6573537002.                The guy is a great football player, no doubt and is clearly better than Edmunds but hindsight is always 20/20. He could be a big factor in the game Saturday. He’s a playmaker. 

Thurman Thomas famously held such a 'grudge' against every team early in his career. He was chosen in the 2nd round.

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wasn’t Luck still playing when josh was drafted or no? Thought he retired in 2019

Isn't that an interesting question?

Andrew Luck had just missed all of 2017 with a shoulder injury/offseason surgery, to much controversy (he wasn't placed on injured reserve until Nov 2 despite missing all of training camp and preseason and not playing a down).    He'd gone to Europe to seek experimental treatment.  It was very much at question whether he could come back or what he would be.

He DID come back in 2018, and played well, but that was far from a foregone conclusion at the time and of course, his comeback only lasted a year.

• Like (+1) 1

Wouldn’t say Edmunds is trash, but so far in his career he hasn’t proven to be an impact player, someone who must be accounted for. And I’m not sure he’ll ever develop those instincts and playmaking ability, but he is young.

8 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Tom Brady, Josh Allen and Rogers have said the same about teams passing on them and being pissed 

If I'm not mistaken, they are all 3 much more general about it, that they play with a chip on their shoulder.  I haven't heard Allen ever speak publically about being passed up and drafted at #7.  He's more vocal about getting no offers out of HS and only 2 out of JUCO - if you've heard different be obliged for when/where.

Making it personal against the players at that position who were drafted ahead of you just seems extra (to me).

• Like (+1) 1

It was a bit ignorant of me as I presumed he was being general.

Just read the article, nothing stands out as wrong to me though really, I presume he was asked the question of Edmunds rather than bringing up his name himself.

The qbs I've mentioned, particularly Rogers and Brady, I'm sure have a clear idea of every qb taken before them and want to show they are better than every one of them. They just internalise it more. 

It doesn't strike me as that personal the article, just my opinion. I think there will always be an element of that in a sport, of feeling 'disrespected and motivated'. 

46 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

But but but Edmunds made the pro bowl  again 

And so was Leonard. Any thing voted on by fans means nothing in my opinion.  

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Two consecutive pro bowls by age 22. There are kids who will be drafted this year older than that. Played through an injury for 6 weeks. Trash.

Anything voted on by fans means nothing in my opinion.

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

Tom Brady, Josh Allen and Rogers have said the same about teams passing on them and being pissed 

2 out of 3 monumental douchebags so maybe you’re proving the point vs an arguement?

BTW - not sure I’ve ever seen Josh specifically mention his draft position, who was taken before him vs just “i am doubted and I’m going to use it as motivation and prove them wrong”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The linebacker version Josh Rosen... “those team that didn’t pick me will be sorry”,  whatever dude...

Go Bills!!!

I mean, except one thing is verrrrry different. 

Leonard is a stud. Rosen is trash. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, noacls said:

And so was Leonard. Any thing voted on by fans means nothing in my opinion.  

Anything voted on by fans means nothing in my opinion.

It is only 1/3 fan vote. Jordan Poyer won the overall fan vote at his position and was not selected to the pro Bowl by coaches and players. 

Edited by YoloinOhio