Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Month

YoloinOhio

Even in Thurman's MVP season he didn't win Offensive Player of the Week as many times as JA17.

They both won Player of the Month twice though.

Oh, by the way, that QB we all wished we got in 2012 (instead of super receiver TJ Graham)...Russell Wilson?

He just got his first and only NFC Offensive Player of the Month this past September.

Edited by timekills17

Watching the "Star is Born" trajectory of Allen this past season has been a great joy as a Bills fan AND as a football fan in general.

He still had so many doubters at the start of the season, and there was (imo) inordinate focus on the lateral heard 'round the world from the Houston game.

Then he had that hot start, gaining some notice - followed by poor showings against KC and TN, which led to a lot of "see...told ya. There it is - that's why his ceiling will always be low."

Since then, it's just been magnificent to watch. It is very close to Mahomes' breakout season, where the whole league is paying attention now and all but the most dedicated detractors have come around.

Allen is only 24.  It's pretty exciting.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 1

It's funny that this is all so new that we get excited every time something like this happens.  Actually, I'm already getting used to it - I saw the title of the thread, and I thought "oh, cool, another award."   I'm already coming to expect things like this.  

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Considering that the regular season only runs 4 months, that is super impressive.

He should get it for January too :devil:

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Baker has more commercials

Perfect reason not to vote for him.  We were looking to change insurance this year and was called by salesman for Baker's company. I told him to call me back when they replaced their spokesman and got better commercials.

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

AFC OPW what five times and OPM twice?

How's he not the MVP again?

You are not allowed to be MVP when you get penalty for roughing up defense players.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Whkfc said:

oh man good point now were screwed for at least a few years till we can draft another qb.

We’re doubly screwed because we’re not bad enough to draft high enough to get a good quarterback. Josh really F’d us by beating the Dolphins at the end of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1