Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Month

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

more importantly, how does he handle this success? Does he stay hungry and humble? My instinct says, "Of course!", but like this year - he has to prove it.

Oh, enough with the "prove it" crap -- there is literally NOTHING that suggests Josh Allen wants anything other than to win and keep winning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wants to win in the playoffs. What happened last year has been burning inside of him for 12 months. You can tell when he is interviewed. It is all he wants. I’m sure he’s proud of the awards but they do not drive him. 

100% agree. And I'm not saying you were insinuating this, but it's remarkable how often someone will jump on something and dismiss the context. All I said was, "he needs to prove it", in that he just needs to actually do the playing and show what all of us *believe* is inside of him: a relentless will to win. We've seen it through the first three years, with the first two marred by youthful mistakes and a lack of development (hence, 'raw'), and now he's put sooooo much of it together - at times it actually makes me giddy to see it play out on the field and read about this team!! I freakin' love it!

Now, he just has to put it together on the field - in the playoffs.

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

100% agree. And I'm not saying you were insinuating this, but it's remarkable how often someone will jump on something and dismiss the context. All I said was, "he needs to prove it", in that he just needs to actually do the playing and show what all of us *believe* is inside of him: a relentless will to win. We've seen it through the first three years, with the first two marred by youthful mistakes and a lack of development (hence, 'raw'), and now he's put sooooo much of it together - at times it actually makes me giddy to see it play out on the field and read about this team!! I freakin' love it!

Now, he just has to put it together on the field - in the playoffs.

I just hope he doesn’t try to do it all himself. He doesn’t need to. This team needs to play winning football in all 3 phases. He needs to do what he’s done all year, nothing more. That’s my fear, that he resorts to hero ball if things don’t go well in some of the other areas. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh, enough with the "prove it" crap -- there is literally NOTHING that suggests Josh Allen wants anything other than to win and keep winning.

Seriously?? All I said was that, "can he stay hungry and humble?" after a season of many well-deserved accolades and you're suggesting there is no "prove it"? It's literally just saying, "he hasn't experienced this kind of notoriety and success before and now he just needs to stay as driven as he's always been in the MIDST of his personal success" and because he's NEVER done it before (because he hasn't had the opportunity to do so) - that makes my hope for his continued success, crap? 

C'mon....this wreaks of someone saying a simple logic statement of - you've never done this before, so just go do what we believe you will and show us that you will actually do it....why is that so hard? I've loved this team for over 30 years after moving around the country and settling in Central New York when I was 12 and I've lived all the highs and lows since 1989 and I'm so much in love with this team and all that it and the franchise and Bills Mafia stands for, that I cannot even begin to put it all into words. From the death blow of "Wide Right" to the ecstasy of Van Miller's "It is Fan-demonium" to the drought ugliness to the remarkable odds being defeated for the Bills' snap of that same drought three years ago....so to simply ask anyone just keep doing it and showing everyone, including me, that it's all for real and to stay - is not that much to ask. 

Yeah, but can you trust him?

I mean, I am not sure how many of you are aware of this, but this kid was a trainwreck his first two seasons.

One of the worst completion percentages, a stat impossible to repair, and you could never really count on him in clutch situations, other than leading the league in fourth QB comebacks in 2019.

...and...I mean, I hate to be "that guy"...but have you SEEN some of the people that root for this kid?  

I'm just not sold yet.  

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just hope he doesn’t try to do it all himself. He doesn’t need to. This team needs to play winning football in all 3 phases. He needs to do what he’s done all year, nothing more. That’s my fear, that he resorts to hero ball if things don’t go well in some of the other areas. 

I would not be surprised if that is being brought up regularly during meetings and practices this week.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Seriously??

Yes, seriously.  Saying Josh Allen still has to "prove it" that he will stay "hungry and humble" is a ridiculous statement IMO.  We may agree to disagree and that's fine.  Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

He has all the tools but his accuracy is horrible....and you can't teach accuracy.

Your poor, poor man. You just don’t get it. He has neither the tools nor the accuracy. The Bills were idiots for drafting him. They should save face, trade him to the Niners for Jimmy G because he is a former Cheat*.