Bills vs Houston Oilers comeback game on 01/07 1:AM EST

jayg

• jayg changed the title to Bills vs Houston Oilers comeback game on 01/07 1:AM EST

I didn't remember this drive right before the end of the first half. Frank completes a 3rd and 22 just before the 2 minute warning. It's 21-3, but if the Bills can score, they get the ball to start the 3rd and they can make it 21-17 before the Oilers touch it again. 

But then incomplete on 4th down in Houston territory. They've got 90 secs to to 70 yards to make it 28-3.

The only tine I have cried (as an adult) while watching a sporting event.  I have seen it probably 35 times over the years...it never gets old....

But I just can't watch this now...not this week. No doubt it will be referenced dozens of times this coming weekend. I don't want any senitimental feelings I may have about Reich to work their way into my overly sentimental psyche...tryng to tap my inner "sports hate" for Saturday!

Edited by Buftex

I watched some of it. What a memory.

Crazy to see Reich so young & being a Bill, and all these years later we're up against him in another important WC game.

He's done a good job in Indy...

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 2

Just finished watching the 2nd half. It was cool to show my 17-year-old son. While he definitely knows about the game, he never has seen the actual game before.

it puts it into perspective that my son is older than me when this game actually happened. And now, I am older than all the players on the field were back then. Even older than Warren Moon. UGH! This post did start out positive. 🤣

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I didn't remember this drive right before the end of the first half. Frank completes a 3rd and 22 just before the 2 minute warning. It's 21-3, but if the Bills can score, they get the ball to start the 3rd and they can make it 21-17 before the Oilers touch it again. 

But then incomplete on 4th down in Houston territory. They've got 90 secs to to 70 yards to make it 28-3.

Then the pick 6 to start the second half...just because they were not far enough ahead to get really serious ;)

Its funny because I was listening on the radio and I just had this feeling that if they could just get one score it would light the fire.

I was 26 and in my 1st of two marriages. Greatest game as a Buffalo Bills fan to this day!! Tears of incredible, emotional, roller coaster happiness after that game!! I remember riding a wave of happiness until the Super Bowl!! I love being a Bills fan!!!

I was there, I wanted to leave at half time, my season ticket partner wanted to stay.  As soon as they threw the interception in the 2nd half he wanted to leave. Being mad that he wouldn’t leave when I wanted to leave I decided to be a child and make him stay. Needless to say they started to turn it around and the insanity began. 
The only game that was more fun to be at was when we beat the Raiders to go to the first Super Bowl.

My fiance (recently engaged) was visiting me at my parents house (for the holidays, we were living in different cities at the time) and saw what rabid Bills fans the family is (in full form for the first time). Right as overtime came I had to take her to the airport. DOH! I had the radio blaring the whole way. I was screaming and going crazy when the winning FG was made (and probably wasn't driving very well then). She still married me. Hey, she knew who she was marrying. Celebrated 25 years in 2020. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1