For the Younger Fans.... This is a Good Look at How it Was in The 90's, and Pre 90's.

T&C

The biggest difference between now and back then is social media.

I thank God that it wasn't around then because it would have been a mess.

8 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I had alot more hair then.

I think we all did ;)

7 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I agree it was limited but having left WNY and living in Colorado I relied on USA today for meager Bills coverage.  Hard to believe the net was not a thing.

Al Gore didn't invent it yet ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

R.I.P. Tim....I know your enjoying this ride with all of us in spirit!

image.png

His book "Big Russ and Me: Father and Son: Lessons of Life"  is one of my favorites - could hear him telling the store as I read it.  We all lost a good one when he passed.

Great Bills football and fandom Video - A  blast from the past as we're looking towards the future!

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, wjag said:

The thing I was thinking about today was the amount of material we now have access to.  Back in the 90s, it was the Courier Express and Buffalo Evening News.  And that was it.  Monday morning had extensive write ups about the Bills and the other games.  And then it was an article or two per day until Sunday.  Now you can lose an entire day just wandering around youtube for clips.  The instant information we have now was unheard of back then.  

Don't forget SHOUT! a lifeline for out of towners.  I still remember running to the mailbox to get that weekly paper.

6 hours ago, Steve Billieve said:

People keep comparing this to the 90's but to me this feels bigger. I think we are about to go on a world beating run. I think we have the best coach in the league and a QB who's ready to prove it.

People want to talk about how old Josh Allen is.

What about McDermott?

And we have the best coach gm relationship in the league.

I mean that’s how I felt in 1990 after the playoffs and before the 1st Super Bowl. I was also 15 and was new to being disappointed. I do agree that this feels different, but I think that has a ton to do with the fan base now and the community. Those four losses brought us together. It’s taken 25 years to have a team that can deliver a Super Bowl win. Thank you to everyone at OBD for giving us this shining piece of hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I agree it was limited but having left WNY and living in Colorado I relied on USA today for meager Bills coverage.  Hard to believe the net was not a thing.

Ha! Same here. I’d forgot about those days. Living in Southern California I too subscribed to the USA Today for years for the exact same reason.

54 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Don't forget SHOUT! a lifeline for out of towners.  I still remember running to the mailbox to get that weekly paper.

That’s another one! Same experience. That little newspaper always seemed like something made in a junior high cafeteria...but it was one of the only sources of pure Bills news for those of us who’d moved away from WNY. Good times!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! Same here. I’d forgot about those days. Living in Southern California I too subscribed to the USA Today for years for the exact same reason.

That’s another one! Same experience. That little newspaper always seemed like something made in a junior high cafeteria...but it was one of the only sources of pure Bills news for those of us who’d moved away from WNY. Good times!

And what about "The National"?

I know I feel like the world is a mess now but the 90 AFC Championship game kept getting interrupted with Dessert Storm updates.   13-3 that year too 

In terms of football idk if I’d say it’s the early 90s yet.  We were expected to win the Super Bowl every year back then.  The bar is set high but not quite there yet?