Is this where the left supports cops shooting unarmed protesters?

Talking with a close friend of my late Dad a couple weeks ago who lives out west. Nice fella, we share a same hobby treasure hunting/ metal detecting. Some of my best hunts, spent together with this guy. Good friend of mine also. (Always will be) Anyhow,  I was caught  off guard when the conversation turned political wich generally, we both stay away from.  The comment was made blood was going to spill over this and the conversation went down hill with me from there.  Blood is going to spill because of our Democracy at work , I asked before I politely ended the conversation. He was right.

Left,  Right, somewhere in the middle. How in Gods name did we get to this place.  

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree with just about everything here.

It was a waste of that girl's life. It pisses me off that she was cajoled into taking this type of idiotic action. Not the action of going to DC to peacefully protest for what she (and people like her) think is a lack of election transparency. No. For being cajold into coming to a rally her leader said would be "wild," and into marching on - and into - the Capitol and its inner sanctums. That was idiotic, and maybe she thought (as the QAnons are always told) that Trump really was 100% in control and that she would never be confronted with lethal force. She was suckered into this, and its Trump and his coddling of QAnon that is to blame.

And by the way I also agree with you about riots on the other side. They need to be put down with force, hopefully not violent force, but force sufficient to make the destruction end immediately.

Trump never told anyone to storm the Capitol building. You are now lying.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wnyguy said:

Trump never told anyone to storm the Capitol building. You are now lying.

He did and his son did, go watch the speeches it's all Been recorded so you cannot make this ***** up.

Also Rudy did... I almost forgot that piece of *****.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree with just about everything here.

It was a waste of that girl's life. It pisses me off that she was cajoled into taking this type of idiotic action. Not the action of going to DC to peacefully protest for what she (and people like her) think is a lack of election transparency. No. For being cajold into coming to a rally her leader said would be "wild," and into marching on - and into - the Capitol and its inner sanctums. That was idiotic, and maybe she thought (as the QAnons are always told) that Trump really was 100% in control and that she would never be confronted with lethal force. She was suckered into this, and its Trump and his coddling of QAnon that is to blame.

And by the way I also agree with you about riots on the other side. They need to be put down with force, hopefully not violent force, but force sufficient to make the destruction end immediately.

I'm not looking to argue, but why the softer approach to rioters in the street v the Capitol?  I'm guessing you are categorizing destruction of property separate and apart from threats to people?  I own an office building and while I'd hate to deal with the aftermath of rioters burning it to the ground, I'd not think lethal force necessary (all other things being equal), but I'd certainly hope the police would do their best to stop the destruction.  

As for this lady--I think I read yesterday she was a 14 year Air Force veteran, making her at least 32-34.  It's on her.  I disagree with you that Trump is to blame for her actions, though I would agree that his statements regarding violence and destruction of property should be every bit as forceful as t was over the summer.   However, I also think when law enforcement officials and local governments from across the land issue stand down/let 'em riot orders and allow for the destruction of property to be the order of the day--as many 'leaders' did this summer, it normalizes behavior and gives the appearance there are no consequences to stupidity.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's sll fun and games when storming our halls of Congress and threatening our elected leaders till those charged with protecting said leaders shoot you.

Who could have possibly seen how this mob insurrection could lead to tragic consequences.

Truly shocking....not.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Chris farley said:

But it was a semi peaceful protest.   Statues, buildings mean nothing, right.   Cops shoot and kill unarmed protester.  Lefties parrot msm..  smh

More arrests would have been nice. They just left the scum bags to take over. There should be about a hundred of those POS in jail now 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm not looking to argue, but why the softer approach to rioters in the street v the Capitol?  I'm guessing you are categorizing destruction of property separate and apart from threats to people?  I own an office building and while I'd hate to deal with the aftermath of rioters burning it to the ground, I'd not think lethal force necessary (all other things being equal), but I'd certainly hope the police would do their best to stop the destruction.  

As for this lady--I think I read yesterday she was a 14 year Air Force veteran, making her at least 32-34.  It's on her.  I disagree with you that Trump is to blame for her actions, though I would agree that his statements regarding violence and destruction of property should be every bit as forceful as t was over the summer.   However, I also think when law enforcement officials and local governments from across the land issue stand down/let 'em riot orders and allow for the destruction of property to be the order of the day--as many 'leaders' did this summer, it normalizes behavior and gives the appearance there are no consequences to stupidity.  

Rioting in the streets, breaking store windows, even looting closed stores is properly not viewed as an imminent threat to life. Arson, depending on the circumstances, is.

If dozens of people stream into a secured/limited entry private building, bypassing that building's security like a sports venue, then proceed to the doors to the private boxes and try to break them down, well, in that situation I think you have a reasonable belief that they mean to do you serious harm and deadly force may certainly be justified if they don't back down.

I don't see anything inconsistent in my position. And I am certainly NOT someone in the camp of "just let the rioters blow off steam and wait for them to punch themselves out."

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Rioting in the streets, breaking store windows, even looting closed stores is properly not viewed as an imminent threat to life. Arson, depending on the circumstances, is.

If dozens of people stream into a secured/limited entry private building, bypassing that building's security like a sports venue, then proceed to the doors to the private boxes and try to break them down, well, in that situation I think you have a reasonable belief that they mean to do you serious harm and deadly force may certainly be justified if they don't back down.

I don't see anything inconsistent in my position. And I am certainly NOT someone in the camp of "just let the rioters blow off steam and wait for them to punch themselves out."

I didn’t intend to imply that you were inconsistent, I was just asking. I agree on pretty much everything here.  

My building can be rebuilt, my cars replaced whatever.  I’m thinking I wouldn’t want a lone officer or two confronting a gang of a fifty scumbags looting my office, the numbers are not in their favor.  Now, the  swat team laying a bully beat down in a like-kind encounter when someone is trying to destroy the fruits of my labor, cool. 

Nice chat.  

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I didn’t intend to imply that you were inconsistent, I was just asking. I agree on pretty much everything here.  

My building can be rebuilt, my cars replaced whatever.  I’m thinking I wouldn’t want a lone officer or two confronting a gang of a fifty scumbags looting my office, the numbers are not in their favor.  Now, the  swat team laying a bully beat down in a like-kind encounter when someone is trying to destroy the fruits of my labor, cool. 

Nice chat.  

Agreed. And here's the crazy thing: I think a clear majority of Americans probably would agree with everything we just said. But for some reason in our political system now it's impossible for any politician to say this. Sometimes (in fleeting moments of hope; I have little trust in any politician trying to be president) I think that the best thing about Biden is that he's impossibly old school and his common sense and age will allow him to bust out of his party's dynamic. After all, the "Biden gaffes" that got him in trouble were usually things where he mistakenly blurted out the truth. Example: when he went off on America's horrible airports compared to the rest of the developed world. He wasn't wrong ....

To me the lesson here is this.  If you riot and harm ordinary citizens and their property the political class will let it go and allow you and your property to be destroyed and ruined along with you being injured and possibly killed.  It doesn't matter if you're a member of the far left or right or just some average person trying to eek out a living by working or running a business.  They just don't care about you.  That's pretty much the spot on truth.  Disagree with me if you wish and hopefully you won't face this situation but if you do you'll find out the hard way I am right.

But if anyone dares to threaten the lives or harm any member of the political class (Dem's or Rep's alike) they'll do a 360 and decide that its justified to use force as necessary and their lives matter more than yours.  Like in Chicago and Seattle and Portland where the major called off the cops and let rioters and looters run wild in the shopping and downtown areas but called in the police to protect their home and the occupants when trouble started.        

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. And here's the crazy thing: I think a clear majority of Americans probably would agree with everything we just said. But for some reason in our political system now it's impossible for any politician to say this. Sometimes (in fleeting moments of hope; I have little trust in any politician trying to be president) I think that the best thing about Biden is that he's impossibly old school and his common sense and age will allow him to bust out of his party's dynamic. After all, the "Biden gaffes" that got him in trouble were usually things where he mistakenly blurted out the truth. Example: when he went off on America's horrible airports compared to the rest of the developed world. He wasn't wrong ....

Well, we agreed on one thing today. 

Biden’s greatest attribute is he hung around long enough to see a nation crippled by a pandemic to the extent that they would look past the obvious character flaws that had disqualified him from any reasonable chance at the presidency when he wasn’t 78 years old but appeared 90. He’s a 50 year slow motion train wreck who checks off all the boxes that the moral left once complained about Trump—he’s abused women, he’s thin skinned when questioned, he makes racially insensitive comments and the stench of corruption is all over him.  That was before he began to show the effects of old age and senility.  

He also found the sweet spot where the line between meeting one’s obligations and having someone solve your problems gets murky— soaking those who make &400k+ (enemy!) and keeping Trump tax cuts for those making under $400k (victim!), buying off student debt for the highly educated. Nothing sells as quickly as free stuff. 

But, it worked.  Should be an interesting 4 years, though I’d be surprised to see him make it 18 months.  He’s done like dinner. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, we agreed on one thing today. 

Biden’s greatest attribute is he hung around long enough to see a nation crippled by a pandemic to the extent that they would look past the obvious character flaws that had disqualified him from any reasonable chance at the presidency when he wasn’t 78 years old but appeared 90. He’s a 50 year slow motion train wreck who checks off all the boxes that the moral left once complained about Trump—he’s abused women, he’s thin skinned when questioned, he makes racially insensitive comments and the stench of corruption is all over him.  That was before he began to show the effects of old age and senility.  

He also found the sweet spot where the line between meeting one’s obligations and having someone solve your problems gets murky— soaking those who make &400k+ (enemy!) and keeping Trump tax cuts for those making under $400k (victim!), buying off student debt for the highly educated. Nothing sells as quickly as free stuff. 

But, it worked.  Should be an interesting 4 years, though I’d be surprised to see him make it 18 months.  He’s done like dinner. 

Look, I despise the practice of running for office by promising to give away stuff, whether that's student loan forgiveness or a $2000 "stimulus" check. With respect to the latter: if the purpose is "stimulus" - trying to inject money into the economy - rather than providing assistance to people harmed through no fault of their own by COVID, why on earth does it phase out with higher incomes? It's not like I'd just put the cash under my mattress. I'd probably buy a Peloton or something I don't need. Or on the other side they buy votes of higher income people with promises of tax cuts. Both sides do it. It's just too easy. 

As for signs of senility: not "senility" in the nature of "likely has Alzheimer's." Just regular old man slowness. Just like Trump. With Biden it manifests as some forgetfulness. With Trump, seriously impaired judgement. That's made worse in both cases because they weren't exactly known for intellect (Biden) or sound judgement or intellect (Trump) in their primes. Both had talents (and I don't deny that) in other social aspects of human endeavor, Biden as a glad-handing politician and political deal maker, Trump in his ability to spew flattery and threaten economic or political harm if you failed to be persuaded by his flattery.

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Look, I despise the practice of running for office by promising to give away stuff, whether that's student loan forgiveness or a $2000 "stimulus" check. With respect to the latter: if the purpose is "stimulus" - trying to inject money into the economy - rather than providing assistance to people harmed through no fault of their own by COVID, why on earth does it phase out with higher incomes? It's not like I'd just put the cash under my mattress. I'd probably buy a Peloton or something I don't need. Or on the other side they buy votes of higher income people with promises of tax cuts. Both sides do it. It's just too easy. 

As for signs of senility: not "senility" in the nature of "likely has Alzheimer's." Just regular old man slowness. Just like Trump. With Biden it manifests as some forgetfulness. With Trump, seriously impaired judgement. That's made worse in both cases because they weren't exactly known for intellect (Biden) or sound judgement or intellect (Trump) in their primes. Both had talents (and I don't deny that) in other social aspects of human endeavor, Biden as a glad-handing politician and political deal maker, Trump in his ability to spew flattery and threaten economic or political harm if you failed to be persuaded by his flattery.

Herein lies the problem and why we disagree on 'they both do it'.  We've gotten to the point where you, an otherwise reasonable guy it would seem, view an offer to reduce the level of compulsory taxation under threat of incarceration as an attempt at  'buying' a vote.  That's akin to a mafia play where the protection money required at $100 a week is actually a gift to the victim because it wasn't $200.   But, folks are so beaten down by the system that they're thrilled to know that the tax rate is staying the same!   In a similar vein, when the issue of SALT tax deductions came up, the chief tax collector of NY complained about the unfair impact on NY, folks went around nodding their head in agreement without ever stopping to suggest that perhaps the undue tax burden could be addressed.  

I'm pro-tax, btw, happy to do my part, but when positioned as the problem by an entitled rich a-hole like Biden who avails himself of tax planning I simply could not afford, I get offended.  As for senility, sorry FR, we disagree on his current mental state.  He's sliding downhill fast, and it's not just old guy static in the attic.  Watching his wife tend to him and try and keep him on track was just pathetic.  If you personally think he and Trump are the equivalent in vigor and mental capacity, God Love ya man.   I never got into dogging these guys for errors on the campaign trial--nucular, 57 states, corpsman, covefe.  However, Trump was working 22 hours a day creating energy and inspiring his supporters to come out, Biden appeared 90 during his 10 minute, no question, no pressure bi-weekly presser before heading back to the home for his puddin.   

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Herein lies the problem and why we disagree on 'they both do it'.  We've gotten to the point where you, an otherwise reasonable guy it would seem, view an offer to reduce the level of compulsory taxation under threat of incarceration as an attempt at  'buying' a vote.  That's akin to a mafia play where the protection money required at $100 a week is actually a gift to the victim because it wasn't $200.   But, folks are so beaten down by the system that they're thrilled to know that the tax rate is staying the same!   In a similar vein, when the issue of SALT tax deductions came up, the chief tax collector of NY complained about the unfair impact on NY, folks went around nodding their head in agreement without ever stopping to suggest that perhaps the undue tax burden could be addressed.  

I'm pro-tax, btw, happy to do my part, but when positioned as the problem by an entitled rich a-hole like Biden who avails himself of tax planning I simply could not afford, I get offended.  As for senility, sorry FR, we disagree on his current mental state.  He's sliding downhill fast, and it's not just old guy static in the attic.  Watching his wife tend to him and try and keep him on track was just pathetic.  If you personally think he and Trump are the equivalent in vigor and mental capacity, God Love ya man.   I never got into dogging these guys for errors on the campaign trial--nucular, 57 states, corpsman, covefe.  However, Trump was working 22 hours a day creating energy and inspiring his supporters to come out, Biden appeared 90 during his 10 minute, no question, no pressure bi-weekly presser before heading back to the home for his puddin.   

"Never confuse activity with achievement."

- John Wooden

I will gladly take the second coming of Ronald "I never miss my afternoon nap or dinner with mommy" Reagan over either of these guys.

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

"Never confuse activity with achievement."

- John Wooden

I will gladly take the second coming of Ronald "I never miss my afternoon nap or dinner with mommy" Reagan over either of these guys.

“Never confuse George with Donald.”

-me, watching an old geezer flip the script back 20 years before being saved by the Missus. 

I’m particularly interested in how he deals with Chairman Mao. 

We can agree on RR. 

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Never confuse George with Donald.”

-me, watching an old geezer flip the script back 20 years before being saved by the Missus. 

I’m particularly interested in how he deals with Chairman Mao. 

We can agree on RR. 

Do you not get enough attention at Billsfans.com?   245+ pages of Election Fraud not enough to keep you busy?

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, Chris farley said:

But it was a semi peaceful protest.   Statues, buildings mean nothing, right.   Cops shoot and kill unarmed protester.  Lefties parrot msm..  smh

Looks like she went down doing what she loved! Should all be so lucky😀