Bad timing to be #2 seed

It’s ironic that Bills were not able to clinch playoffs for so many years. And I thought  why NFL has only 12 teams in playoffs although NBA and NHL has 16. Actually every year Bills fought for only 2 wild card spots, too few. 

And the year the league decided to expand playoffs to 14 only #2 seeds suffered  because of that expansion. And 1 of these 2 unlucky teams are Bills. Any previous year they would be already in div.round with a bye week for rest

• Like (+1) 5

Kind of a bummer...but on the flip side, there are several examples of the bye week hurting a teams mojo.  So maybe the Bills benefit in some weird way....or maybe I'm just looking at the glass half full.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

It’s ironic that Bills were not able to clinch playoffs for so many years. And I thought  why NFL has only 12 teams in playoffs although NBA and NHL has 16. Actually every year Bills fought for only 2 wild card spots, too few. 

And the year the league decided to expand playoffs to 14 only #2 seeds suffered  because of that expansion. And 1 of these 2 unlucky teams are Bills. Any previous year they would be already in div.round with a bye week for rest

I blame Putin. 

You know what to do, Comrade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure if it’s a bad thing. 

We are not that nicked up and are on a roll.

I do believe that KC didn’t play their bye week correctly. They will have many players who have been away from football contact for 3 weeks.

They could be rusty.

We shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

YES!  I thought about this last week when the 2004 game versus Pittsburgh’s B-Team resurfaced.  

Where was the 7th wildcard spot then?  Or in 2014 when the defense was on a roll?

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Kind of a bummer...but on the flip side, there are several examples of the bye week hurting a teams mojo.  So maybe the Bills benefit in some weird way....or maybe I'm just looking at the glass half full.

I agree. I didn't want to rest the starters last week and I don't want a bye. Keep this freight train rolling!

I liked that it was only 12 teams. I liked that you had to be a good team to get into the playoffs. I liked that sometimes good teams couldn't even get into the playoffs because of how hard it was.

And now we'll probably always have a crappy 8-8 team in the playoffs whereas before that was rare and usually only happened when you had a bad division. This year we have a bad division in the NFC AND a crappy 8-8 wild card team.

Lucky us...

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And in any other year, the Colts wouldn’t even have qualified for the playoffs. 

They would have if they never left the NFL to join the AFC. Jets whooped ‘em in the Super Bowl so they joined forces and whooped Dallas 2 years later..

• Haha (+1) 1

TBH I feel like we need to keep playing like this. A team like KC that limped into the playoffs, rest and reset. 

We are on a roll and let's keep it going, consistency right now is key week after week.

Edited by TBBills