Chan Gailey resigns as OC of Dolphins

YoloinOhio

I said last night I think his scheme is not a great fit for Tua. On the face of it I think it was... Tua in the spread... it made sense. But he clearly doesn't want to throw to guys that aren't open and the spready requires the receivers to beat their guy to cause that separation which is not the kinda players the Dolphins have. I think get him in a more conventional west coast scheme. Timing throws, use his short range accuracy, scheme some open throws, develop a run game and use more play action. New scheme, a playmaker who separates and interior Oline help. That is my 3 point plan if I am Chris Grier and I really believe what I said yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Damn I was hoping he would stay on b.c his offenses are so outdated.

That first Dolphins game with Fitzpatrick at the helm was a really good offensive showing. They neutralized our pass rush by getting the ball out quickly and Fitz was on the money that day. It ultimately didn't get them the win, but I don't think the scheme is outdated.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

That first Dolphins game with Fitzpatrick at the helm was a really good offensive showing. They neutralized our pass rush by getting the ball out quickly and Fitz was on the money that day. It ultimately didn't get them the win, but I don't think the scheme is outdated.

We had a bad defense back then, we would have crushed Fitz if he was playing on Sunday.

Edited by TBBills

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

But Flores is a genius, the next great young Head Coach according to Colin Cowherd.

Chan Gailey was out of football when the Bills hired him in 2010. 

He also says the Bills are the best team in the league.  

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He also says the Bills are the best team in the league.  

And he loves McDermott too. Cowherd has already called Shanahan, McDermott, McVay and now Flores the best young coach in the league. His show is entertainment. The hyperbole is part of that. I think he is funny people get really over wound up by him. He is very good at what he does. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And he loves McDermott too. Cowherd has already called Shanahan, McDermott, McVay and now Flores the best young coach in the league. His show is entertainment. The hyperbole is part of that. I think he is funny people get really over wound up by him. He is very good at what he does. 

Nobody gets "wound up". 

But its undeniable that after the Rams/Cardinals game for the Dolphins, that media lost their minds about Tua and Flores and have been on the love-fest with him since. 

• Like (+1) 1

At age 69, it might be time to smell the roses a little.  On the other hand, Chan was always an offensive master when here, and was failed time and again by his DC selections.  If Daboll leaves, I would not object to seeing Gailey back in Buffalo for another turn.  But, would want his commitment for 3 years, no one and done here again for OC.  But, Mc D  will do it his way...and Bean may also have a voice but not a final say in McD's staff.  A lot depends on how they view the capabilities of the in house candidates.  Chan would be the hired gun.    Fitz won't be coming here as the reduced cap is going to make him way to expensive as a backup.  Would not even surprise me, as an economy move, we end up with Webb and Fromm as the  backups this next year.