Colts fans take to Bills playbook and donate to Oishei children's hospital for Bills win over Miami.

jkx2

• jkx2 changed the title to Colts fans take to Bills playbook and donate to Oishei children's hospital for Bills win over Miami.

I bet the donations will suddenly stop Saturday afternoon, with some charge backs around 4pm...  😛

Also bet a lot of people will misread and think Colts fans donated the whole $1m themselves, not merely added to a fund that already had $1m.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jkx2 said:

The Bills fans have now stated a pay it forward act that is starting to catch on across the NFL.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/colts-fans-donate-to-oishei-childrens-hospital-after-bills-win/71-a3601487-e1f0-45d6-82bb-6f68f686eaad

All it says is they made some tweets to donate - "To show their appreciation for eliminating the Dolphins, posts on social media started popping up encouraging Colts fans to donate to the Patricia Allen Fund at Oishei Children's Hospital."
Tweets are cheap - did they actually donate? 

3 minutes ago, BillsIsrael said:

All it says is they made some tweets to donate - "To show their appreciation for eliminating the Dolphins, posts on social media started popping up encouraging Colts fans to donate to the Patricia Allen Fund at Oishei Children's Hospital."
Tweets are cheap - did they actually donate? 

Really? You went there?

Actually they donated $50,000 in about 24 hours. Don't have an updated total. So there ya go. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Really? You went there?

Actually they donated $50,000 in about 24 hours. Don't have an updated total. So there ya go. 

Where are you getting that total from?  Doesn't say how much in the article, just that it cleared $1m at some point in the past and CURRENTLY sits at $1m+$50k.

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

It was at 1 million before the Colts fans started donating. Plus, look at the date of the article.

Sooooo...you're saying you know for sure all non-Colts donations stopped at exactly $1m, and that every dollar since is solely from Colts fans?

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Sooooo...you're saying you know for sure all non-Colts donations stopped at exactly $1m, and that every dollar since is solely from Colts fans?

Sooooo... you're saying that you know for a fact it wasn't all from Colts fans?  Did I actually say I knew "for sure"? (Quote me where I say I knew for sure)

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Sooooo... you're saying that you know for a fact it wasn't all from Colts fans?  Did I actually say I knew "for sure"? (Quote me where I say I knew for sure)

I'm saying you made a claim you have no way of backing up.  The burden of proof is on the one making the claim (you).  Also the article says a week had passed since $1m was hit, but you SPECIFIED the $50k was raised in a specific recent 24 hours.  For that to be true, ALL DONATIONS from non Colts fans had to have ceased for that week for your claim of $50k solely from Colts fans to be true.

24 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Really? You went there?

Edited by 1ManRaid

38 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm saying you made a claim you have no way of backing up.  The burden of proof is on the one making the claim (you).  Also the article says a week had passed since $1m was hit, but you SPECIFIED the $50k was raised in a specific recent 24 hours.  For that to be true, ALL DONATIONS from non Colts fans had to have ceased for that week for your claim of $50k solely from Colts fans to be true.

Ok. I get it. 

You don't care about how much was raised to a worthy charity. You just want to nit pick who made what donation, just so you can beat your chest saying "Bills fans beat Colts fans". Doesn't matter that ALL donations go to the worthy cause. 

Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

Ok. I get it. 

You don't care about how much was raised to a worthy charity. You just want to nit pick who made what donation, just so you can beat your chest saying "Bills fans beat Colts fans". Doesn't matter that ALL donations go to the worthy cause. 

Got it.

No, just nitpicking a condescending person who makes statements of fact they can't possibly know to be true.  Pretty sure posting bogus facts is supposed to be frowned upon around here.