Jordan Palmer on OBL says Allen has no ceiling and is most-gifted QB ever

4 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Maybe, but honestly don't you think he could write his own checks with pretty much any QB in the league for the next decade at least?

Right. I don't know how much of the credit he gets for improving Allen's accuracy, but even partial credit is enough to keep him busy for a long time. I'm not sure any NFL QB has made the kind of strides Allen made between years 1 and 3.

I guess people can wonder about Jordan Palmer but it seems to me that if the QBs  (his clients) didn't think he

was worth the money they pay him for his services he wouldn't have a business.

So Jordan brings up something I haven't even thought of lately, Josh can get better.

Josh can get BETTER.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

"If I say 'Hello my name is Jordan' in Spanish, if I'm saying it in Spanish or I'm saying it in English, I'm still saying 'Hello my name is Jordan.' "

Yeah he is full of hot air.....he literally said that Darnold had pretty much the same ceiling later in the segment.......... but there is some footage of his footwork and mechanics at the bottom of the article linked from when he signed with the Bills in camp in 2014.........so there is his footwork.

Back then "Bills Roundup" meant "7-9? Pretty much .500".

I am not ready to put Josh over Mahomes just yet, but we could be looking at the new Brady vs. Manning QB rivalry in the AFC for the next 10 years. Crazy to think the Bills could have one of those dynamic type QB's. But we will see just how good Josh is in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Once the Jets no longer were able to get the first pick in the draft (and the opportunity to draft Trevor Lawrence), I immediately thought that they would go after Daboll as their HC because of Daboll's involvement in Josh's development with the thought that he could do the same think with Darnold.

I hope we do not lose Daboll to the Jets.  I would much rather see him go elsewhere if he gets a HC opportunity.

If I was a gambling man (or a man who had money to gamble), I'd bet the house that Dabol goes to the Chargers, if reports of them being interested are accurate. Went to high school, played football with the GM...a pretty nice roster, with a very Josh-like QB. It is the perfect situation for him.

Edited by Buftex

Just now, Buftex said:

If I was a gambling man (or a man who had money to gamble), I'd bet the house that Dabol goes to the Chargers.

As a Bills fan, I would prefer that to Daboll going to the Jets.  Daboll may feel the same way as well given that the Chargers have a young QB with potential.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

If I was a gambling man (or a man who had money to gamble), I'd bet the house that Dabol goes to the Chargers.

I would have said it seemed like a lock but now Dean Spanos is going to be involved in the hiring so there is hope yet that the Bills won't have coaching turnover.

I’ve been reading all about Josh’s biggest attribute being his confidence level being so high. I honestly believe the confidence masks the real attribute, and that’s anger.

It just seems to me that since the wild card loss last year, he’s been playing with a massive chip on his shoulder. Ironically it was a shoulder issue that slowed him down, bad luck and worse timing.

Now some will say he ignores his critics but from what I’ve seen, I think he at least keeps some of what they say in the back of his mind. 

If I’m right, I’ll wonder what not winning the MVP will do for him

13 minutes ago, Buftex said:

If I was a gambling man (or a man who had money to gamble), I'd bet the house that Dabol goes to the Chargers, if reports of them being interested are accurate. Went to high school, played football with the GM...a pretty nice roster, with a very Josh-like QB. It is the perfect situation for him.

And the weather is awesome year round.

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

If I’m right, I’ll wonder what not winning the MVP will do for him

I obviously wouldn't be upset if he won the MVP... but I am not pulling for it. Super Bowl champ in 2020...MVP 2021.  Doesnt hurt too have that extra motivation.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I obviously wouldn't be upset if he won the MVP... but I am not pulling for it. Super Bowl champ in 2020...MVP 2021.  Doesnt hurt too have that extra motivation.

If the Bills end up being the SB champs, it’s a pretty safe bet Allen gets the MVP nod. When he took the next step from year 2 to year 3, he ended up stepping on the league

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

If the Bills end up being the SB champs, it’s a pretty safe bet Allen gets the MVP nod. When he took the next step from year 2 to year 3, he ended up stepping on the league

I may be wrong, but don't they name the MVP before the Super Bowl?

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I there have been plenty of QB's with physical gifts as good or even better than Allen apart from maybe arm strength (but maybe Jamarcus Russell even had a stronger arm).

What sets Allen apart is the combination of three things: 1) His physical skill set, as mentioned, 2) His mental acuity (he had a very high wonderlic score and can process things quickly, plus he is just generally a sharp dude), and 3) His work ethic, maybe combined with his humble nature that allows him to get the most out of his work ethic because he is his number 1 critic.

Combine that with his competitive fire, penchant for leadership and support if his teammates, and drive to be the best and you have a Super QB.

Agreed. 

A QB with JUST his drive, will, and intelligence would likely be successful in this league. 

A QB with all of that PLUS his elite physical gifts? The ceiling is sky high. Or, as Dion Dawkins says, there IS no ceiling!

Allen is a FrankenQB

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he is full of hot air.....he literally said that Darnold had pretty much the same ceiling later in the segment.......... but there is some footage of his footwork and mechanics at the bottom of the article linked from when he signed with the Bills in camp in 2014.........so there is his footwork.

Back then "Bills Roundup" meant "7-9? Pretty much .500".

the footwork was a running joke here during his cup of coffee in Buffalo